RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Warranty Direct refuse to pay out for the bushes/balljoints
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

sjf1

Warranty Direct refuse to pay out for the bushes/balljoints

the complaints letter i wrote to WD is below Re-edited to be more readable Smile

To whom it may concern, 10th September 2010

I ‘am writing in to complain about the level of service received from one of your claims advisor’s.
On the 9th of September my call was dismissed and he didn’t want to talk to me again regarding my claim rejection on the suspension work required on the vehicle, even though I had new information received from the garage regarding the suspension work.

Whilst I didn’t want him to over turn the decision immediately, but investigate further as I had been told different information between him and the garage.
The advisor told me that I could drive my car without any further adverse effects on the vehicle handling, yet the garage told me that driving whilst the vehicle is in this condition would wear down my tyres and knock out the tracking also!

Your Claims advisor also said due to the garage not being able to track down the issue and that it wasn’t an MOT failure, the claim will be rejected.

Now correct me if I’m wrong, why does it have to be an MOT failure?

The advisor told me that I am covered for bushes and suspension, but once the knocking is more evident I can put another claim in, but why when the problem of the knocking noise is there and the garage has confirmed the location of the bushes/ball joints are worn.

It is to this that I feel I am expected to drive a vehicle knowing that I will wear down my tyres and eventually knock out the tracking. What I would like to know is would Warranty Direct cover this in the event of a new claim, or are you asking me to wear down the tyres and knock out the tracking thus failing an MOT would then allow me to make a claim!

Please advise me of your next course of action or a suggestion as to what should happen.

PS the suspendsion issue was a rear knocking sound when driving over small pot holes.
it also went in for the front parking sensors paid for the claim.

Post #275734 Fri Sep 10 2010 1:29pm
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

It might be that another garage would see it as a danger / mot failure when it gets a little worse Wink

Post #275805 Sat Sep 11 2010 10:43pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

....like all these warranty companies, looks good on paper, but when it comes to the crunch and their figures look less favourable....."sorry sir, please F Censored k off"

I'm sure there are good ones out there, but I would rather take the risk, like most insurances the fine print is key and typically unfavourable (when required) to the policy holder......anyway, my approach has always been - what are the chances that something will go wrong, i'm in a Land Rover Whistle Whistle Wink

Hope you get sorted with the Warranty people, it seems the representative from that company is writing cheques his position can't cash. Wait a few days for the letter to work through their "efficient" system, then raise it to the next level and side swipe the droids on minimum wage. Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #275809 Sat Sep 11 2010 11:26pm
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

same happening here in OZ with Allianz policy, at first they changed them, i had the front's done under the extended warranty, but no doubt allianz have been unindated with claims and have decided they are wear and tear, friend with a D3 had to pay for his last month, well half, Allianz met half way, but for how long i wonder Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #275817 Sun Sep 12 2010 1:19am
Josh

United Kingdom 

This is one of the reason why I sold my RRS and ordered a new Audi Q5.
I anticipated that the bush issue every 3 or 4 months would eventually be coming out of my pocket and not a warranty company.

So to extend my Q5 warranty from 3 to 5 years cost £1k. LR can't match that because they know there are major issues with their design. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #276216 Fri Sep 17 2010 9:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1