RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > MY10....gearbox warning on dash!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>

Coolj

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I turned on the ignition of my MY08 TDV8 last week and I got the "Transmission Fault" warning. I turned the ignition off and back on and the warning disappeared.

I didn't drive the car for about a week and yesterday when I tried to start the car, the warning came back on.

It seems the problem is not on MY10 RRS only. 2008 TDV8, Java Black, Ebony Sports Seats, Side Steps, Zebrano, Privacy Glass, Premium ICE, Hybrid TV.

Post #258148 Thu Mar 04 2010 7:38pm
RR08

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

RR08 wrote:
RR08 wrote:
CJ wrote:
It would appear that the "gear box" fault extends to the D4 3.0, Ive had my new D4 from mid September and had NO faults until the cold snap!!! Had to wait four days for a LRA man who confirmed my worst fears, he had visited 20 new D4's and 14 new RRS in 7 days ALL with the same gear box faults Evil or Very Mad After a full system reset all ok until the snow returned today and back it came, my guess is water ingress into a connector!
I loved my old Sport why oh why did I sell it Big Cry

I am beginning to wonder the same thing as the fault has also appeared on my car.. all is forgiven I would like my 08 RRS back please, few minor things but nothing like this.

Come on landrover on a 50k vehicle you can do much better than this surely...

Dropped the car off at the dealership for 8.30 am this morning waited till after 10.30 and finally decided I needed to go to the office, dealer loaned me a defender 90, fun to drive.

After the dealer carried out various software and other downloads and things which I am not really sure of, still the same problem, arrived at the dealers tonight at 5.00 pm, problem still not fixed, they have referred to LR technical, now rather upset and my new car is still at the garage, Yeovil LR loaned me a Range Rover at the moment, though I would prefer my own car back to be honest.

NOT HAPPY GIRL, really looked forward to my new car as I am supposed to be driving to Scotland on Thursday for weekend and now no RRS.

Emma

Latest up date from the end of last week, Yeovil LR identified the problem as a faulty cable loom that had been pinched resulting in the fault, they have arranged for the faulty signal loom to be replaced on Wednesday.

I did get my car back last week and was able to drive to Scotland without any further problems in respect of the gear box fault, to be honest though I am disappointed by the fault as I would have though that pre quality and diagnostic fault checks would have identified the problem in advance of the car leaving the factory. Range Rover Sport HSE TDV6 - 08 Plate

Post #258724 Tue Mar 09 2010 2:02am
RR08

RR08 wrote:
RR08 wrote:
RR08 wrote:
CJ wrote:
It would appear that the "gear box" fault extends to the D4 3.0, Ive had my new D4 from mid September and had NO faults until the cold snap!!! Had to wait four days for a LRA man who confirmed my worst fears, he had visited 20 new D4's and 14 new RRS in 7 days ALL with the same gear box faults Evil or Very Mad After a full system reset all ok until the snow returned today and back it came, my guess is water ingress into a connector!
I loved my old Sport why oh why did I sell it Big Cry

I am beginning to wonder the same thing as the fault has also appeared on my car.. all is forgiven I would like my 08 RRS back please, few minor things but nothing like this.

Come on landrover on a 50k vehicle you can do much better than this surely...

Dropped the car off at the dealership for 8.30 am this morning waited till after 10.30 and finally decided I needed to go to the office, dealer loaned me a defender 90, fun to drive.

After the dealer carried out various software and other downloads and things which I am not really sure of, still the same problem, arrived at the dealers tonight at 5.00 pm, problem still not fixed, they have referred to LR technical, now rather upset and my new car is still at the garage, Yeovil LR loaned me a Range Rover at the moment, though I would prefer my own car back to be honest.

NOT HAPPY GIRL, really looked forward to my new car as I am supposed to be driving to Scotland on Thursday for weekend and now no RRS.

Emma

Latest up date from the end of last week, Yeovil LR identified the problem as a faulty cable loom that had been pinched resulting in the fault, they have arranged for the faulty signal loom to be replaced on Wednesday.

I did get my car back last week and was able to drive to Scotland without any further problems in respect of the gear box fault, to be honest though I am disappointed by the fault as I would have though that pre quality and diagnostic fault checks would have identified the problem in advance of the car leaving the factory.

Further Update 18th of April, 6 weeks after fault first happened.

The dealer at Yeovil landrover suggested the loom which causes the problem be replaced at the beginning of March when the problem first happened, took nearly 6 weeks for the parts to arrive.

My car has mean time had the fault come back on and off several times.

Really fed up with this, so phoned the dealer through my partner and told them last week that we were angry, also called LR and had the same conversion, finally at the end of last week parts arrived, now waiting for them to be fitted and hope get my car back on the road next week. ? Range Rover Sport HSE TDV6 - 08 Plate

Post #263551 Tue Apr 20 2010 12:39am
RR08

5 days later new parts fitted and car returned from dealership, now developed another fault, this time the engine has developed a fault and a red warning has come on.

Considering the cost of RRS I am very disappointed to have yet another fault, come on LR this is supposed to be an executive car not something that breaks down every day.

In the space of 6 weeks we have had 4 faults and the car has spent more time off the road than on it at the garage.

I am honestly thinking of asking for refund and buying a different car, perhaps a BMW or something as I this RRS keeps breaking down...

Very Disappointed. Range Rover Sport HSE TDV6 - 08 Plate

Post #263813 Thu Apr 22 2010 3:53am
Vadim

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

RR08 wrote:
5 days later new parts fitted and car returned from dealership, now developed another fault, this time the engine has developed a fault and a red warning has come on.

Considering the cost of RRS I am very disappointed to have yet another fault, come on LR this is supposed to be an executive car not something that breaks down every day.

In the space of 6 weeks we have had 4 faults and the car has spent more time off the road than on it at the garage.

I am honestly thinking of asking for refund and buying a different car, perhaps a BMW or something as I this RRS keeps breaking down...

Very Disappointed.

I would demand my money back if I were you. Vadim A.

Post #263836 Thu Apr 22 2010 10:18am
admiral

United Kingdom 

Sad i extend my sympathy to all you owners i think i will wait till august before deciding wether to risk buying a rr sport ,or opt for the boring but reliable infiniti fx do your dealers sympathise and offer sweetners due to all this rover induce stress.i find it hard to understand how a vehicle can be launched with so many design faults
you all deserve a medal but it puts new owners like me off regards

Post #263903 Thu Apr 22 2010 9:06pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Took my RRS in to dealers today for gearbox fault fix plus rear camera reversed picture and to check why complete tailgate opens occasionally when selecting top half only...

Collected this afternoon... They apparently did a Q093 Land Rover Assurance Programme update which didn't fix gearbox warning light fault as it apparently needs a new gearbox module? (Paperwork says Requires new selector lever?)

Fault on rear view camera, needs replacing but Landrover don't have any.. Crying or Very sad

Tailgate worked correctly every time they tried it.... Rolling Eyes

So all in all, nothing sorted really, however had a complimentary two bottles of wine apparently from Land Rover for having to do a programme update on a new car.. Confused

and had a FF Range Rover to test drive for the day, nice comfortable ride but still prefer the sport, thought the FFRR looked a bit dated somehow inside and out.... Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE
Loire Blue/Ivory leather Privacy Glass

Gone - RRSPORT 2010 TDV6 HSE
Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #264529 Wed Apr 28 2010 2:47pm
RR08

Got to speak to LR on Tuesday, finally got the car back recently, all seems well at the moment..

Lets wait and see in 3 months and 12 months. Range Rover Sport HSE TDV6 - 08 Plate

Post #264960 Mon May 03 2010 9:05pm
SALMON FISHER

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

HI GUYS
I have had so many faults with my new RRS,that i purchased in Oct, as i mentioned in some threads about the gearbox problem,restricted performance,then my turbo went.
I have said i dont want the car back but the dealer will not reject it,i have two options take it back once fixed or they will get me a another new one and i have to pay the difference.
Oh sorry one more option reject it to finance company which could take months and months
Any advise please Big Cry Range rover vogue 3.6 tdv8 Gone
RRS 3.0 TDV6

Post #265666 Mon May 10 2010 9:10pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 

Trading standards are really the people best placed to give you the advice you need Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.8::MG Montego Turbo::MGB GT::Rover Sterling::MGF::MG ZT 190+
Discovery Series II Td5 GS::Discovery 3 TDV6 S::Freelander 2 TD4 XS::Freelander 2 TD4 SE
Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport TDV6 3.0

Post #265694 Tue May 11 2010 8:07am
rangrov

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Just out of intrest for you guys, i took a test drive in a brand new Range Rover sport 3.0 TDV6 with 43 mile on the clock, and yea youve guessed it, gearbox warning light came on, the salesman pressed reset button and said oh its nothing, 5 mins later the warning is back on, this happend for the full half hour test, the red faced salesman said its something or nothing, £55,000 is a lot of nothing, lets hope they get to the bottom of it. Oh by the way i didnt buy a car of him, i whent elsewere and bought a december 57 plate 3.6 TD V8 HSE with one owner FSH 40,000 miles and £25,000 cheaper. Thumbs Up RANGE ROVER 3.6 TD V8 HSE ZERMATT SILVER BLACK LEATHER. AC COBRA 5.7 V8.................. LIVE FOR TODAY COS TOMORROW MAY NEVER ARRIVE,,,,

Post #272370 Tue Jul 27 2010 9:19pm
RR08

RR08 wrote:
Got to speak to LR on Tuesday, finally got the car back recently, all seems well at the moment..

Lets wait and see in 3 months and 12 months.

Well since my local dealer did the software patch several months later no further problems I am glad to say...

Happy days from now on I hope / pray...

Emma Range Rover Sport HSE TDV6 - 08 Plate

Post #274437 Mon Aug 23 2010 2:47am
wullie

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White

Well guys sorry to spoil it, Big Cry I bought my new; MY10 in Aug 2010, 3.0 tdv6 HSE, on the Thursday, hitched my twin axeled caravan (1800KG's) on the Friday and towed it all the way to France and back Well via the ferry of coarse,+ touring in France 1500miles in total, poor thing never even got time to run in, she never showed any warnings at all and drove perfect all the way averaging 21mpg when towing and 34+ when solo. she's now done 3400miles still no problems (touch wood) so it aint all bad news LR will sort it out eventually, as has been stated previously in the above posts most if not all new model cars have teething problems, just look at some of the other forums BMW, PORSCHE, MERCS, you name it they all have problems and worse than LR, so it's not just LR, Look at u-tube see what these LR's can do then try it with an X5 HA! Rolling with laughter

One thing for sure is that LR customer services do need to clean up there act, and look after their customers.

cheers
Wullie Thumbs Up

Post #276859 Tue Sep 28 2010 8:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
awd man

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Mine did it for a while.... (Cleared on each start up)

turned out to be tracking way out Rolling Eyes confusing the module and causing the error code RRS gone
Audi SQ5...Gone Audi Q7 S-Line 240 3.0TDI Gone
Audi A6 Allroad Sport 270 3.0TDI

Post #296019 Thu Apr 14 2011 1:28pm
Meccles

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

My My10 TDV8 we had issues starting it lots of error codes including gearbox fault. Car and battery 18months old though only 23000kms on it. I suspected battery sure enough failed to start flat battery, along with all error codes.
New battery and voila all ok. According to my local service manager any drop in voltage/battery starting to die will bring up miscellenaous error codes, all of which clear when started. And all dissappeared with new battery, supplied of course by dealer. Since new battery went in no more fault codes.
mike

Post #308880 Sun Aug 07 2011 10:12am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 6 of 7 <1234567>