RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > TDV8 Off-Road Ready
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

A little off topic but anyone wanting Goodyear MTR's better get them soon as they've been discontinued due to a European directive on noise. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #234614 Wed Aug 26 2009 10:35am
riminired

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red

Thanks Josh; I spoke to the people who make the wheels from, I think they are called Compomotive, but they said that in fact the 18s they make will NOT fit over the big brakes, even though they originally had said they would. This may have changed, no sure?? 2015 SDV8 HSE in Corris Grey with contrasting black panoramic roof and chunky Cooper Tyres.

Post #234629 Wed Aug 26 2009 11:43am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

This is the thread you need:

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic8382.html 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #234638 Wed Aug 26 2009 12:07pm
Preacher

Australia 

TDV8 Off-Road Ready

Josh wrote:
There is an 18" wheel that will fit over the brembos. Used by Bowler on their racing machine. It's well documentated on here somewhere.

Josh
The post or one of them that you mentioned is http://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28129
However if you follow this link and others on the subject, they end up with the manufacturers warning about warranty and the like. They also say that other 18" wheels (with the correct offsets and load ratings etc) will do the same job as theirs as long as you flip the caliper damper blocks around as he has to do with his wheels. There is a very detailed description with pics of an altered (remade) set of damper blocks that have indeed worked. http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic6515.html
Another guy actually purchased a set http://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21546

There is another link http://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php...p;start=15 that sais if you increase the front offset (this guy put 5mm wheel spacers in) the brembos will fit as well - this guy put in 40mm spacers http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/post171212.html#171212 (don't fancy wheel spacers much) but a slight increase in offset (also allows a slightly taller tyre to be used, as well as snow/mud chains) might be the go.

Maybe there is an engineer on the forum who can take this further.

dj

Post #234647 Wed Aug 26 2009 12:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Leo

Kenya 

Very Annoyed wrote:
A little off topic but anyone wanting Goodyear MTR's better get them soon as they've been discontinued due to a European directive on noise.

AFAIK, not discontinued but a new design is out, which may not be readily available in the UK yet.

Post #234812 Thu Aug 27 2009 1:19pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Leo - thanks for that but I was under the impression that 19's will not be made. More than happy to be corrected. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #234814 Thu Aug 27 2009 1:21pm
640Newton

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Here is a picture of my TDV8 with a set of 255/55/19 Goodyear MTR tyres fitted. I can highly recommend them if you are running them on a second set of rims but I don't think I could handle them as the daily drive tyres.

Click image to enlarge
 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #241702 Mon Nov 02 2009 11:04am
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

I got my TDV8 with the E-Diff and the only way to tell is if you are looking at the 4x4 info screen, whether it makes a diffrence or not I don't know, all I can say is the vehicle is very capable and the extra torque of the TDV8 makes a lot of obsticles effortless and things that were causing trouble for defnders I hardly knew were there. Only the sheer size of the RRS stopped me completing some of the black runs at a landrover trial where the Defenders were just scraping between the trees Shocked
Mud, sand etc the car just keeps plowing on....

Click image to enlarge

But if the peat bog is too deep or not enough forward momentum ....ooops!
(Didn't have the MT/Rs then Whistle )
Click image to enlarge
 Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #241730 Mon Nov 02 2009 1:09pm
castellar

riminired wrote:
my car is the one that 4X4 Intelligence have done the spare wheel carrier for and it;s come up really well, allowing me to put the tank underneath. I got the tank from Long Range Automotive in Lilydale.

Hi there, can I ask you how satisfied you are with your aux tank? I've looked up Log Range but they don't seem to list a tank fro the RRS - was it custom? do you get 115l total or just from the aux?
Thanks in a advance for the answers - trying to make my mid up between a Discovery (too large) and a RRS (too few accessories available)
Miguel, Madrid

Post #254204 Sun Feb 07 2010 5:30pm
BlackPerth

This dealer is advertsing a TDV8 in Australia with RAI / Snorkel...or do you think its a TDV6 wrongly advertised??

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/dealer...50CE55659D

Post #257912 Wed Mar 03 2010 5:02am
640Newton

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

it may well be a TDV8 as they do a factory fit snorkel on the G4. The main problem, however, is it is not sealed to the body in any way so this means it acts only as a raised air intake, not a snorkel, and doesn't increase your water wading depth.

This differs considerably from the Safari Snorkel that we had fitted to our D2, which was fully sealed and water tight, meaning that you could go through much deeper water (with appropriate protction of the electricals). 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #257920 Wed Mar 03 2010 8:04am
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

I wasn't aware they did a TDV8 G4 640, I know they did a batch of petrol V8's originally which a couple are on this forum, and last year there were some TDV6's before the event was canned!

Post #257934 Wed Mar 03 2010 10:01am
Preacher

Australia 

[quote="BlackPerth"]This dealer is advertsing a TDV8 in Australia with RAI / Snorkel...or do you think its a TDV6 wrongly advertised??

Yes it certainly is a TDV8 - it has the following for $89,900.00
FACTORY SNORKEL,MEMORY SEATS,CROSS BARS,TWO WAY SYSTEM,ACTIVE EAR DIFF,CLIMATE COLD PACK,POWER FOLD MIRRORS plus a few more extras such as a mitchel brothers hitch.
after some talking with the dealer would do it at that price "Drive Away VIC"
dj

Post #257950 Wed Mar 03 2010 11:46am
MeDT

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Atacama Sand

The car is a 3.6TDV8 and is exactly as advertised. Though it will not be available for another three years now as we have taken it OS with us due to the lack of suitable vehicles in our new locale Crying or Very sad . It shall be returning in late 2012 with Car computer/GPS/hotswap hard drives/memory card - external input/TPMS/WiFi and hopefully Phone integration (if I see a good solution). Yes I am trying to source a OEM screen facia/frame to fit the display into so that you cannot tell that the system is non standard AND cheaper/more flexible then the OEM setup Thumbs Up . Those are my tasks while OS, though it shall be completed don't expect that to be tomorrow, you know island time Yawn is just one of those things. The good part is that there is an authorised agent here on the island.
If you do acquire a RRS just make sure that the snorkel has no gap at the rear. It may also be appropriate to check all joints from the air intake through to the filter box and note that the fitting actually involves drilling into your body work and rivnuts(?) being fitted. somewhere on the forum there is the official this is how you do it document, even though I am handy with DIY I think that I would prefer the dealer to fix any mistakes.
Anyway hope that you find your car. Life is a break in non existance so enjoy it to the fullest, without ifs or buts just soak it up!

Post #265175 Wed May 05 2010 11:01pm
MikeS

Australia 2005 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Tangiers Orange

640Newton wrote:
it may well be a TDV8 as they do a factory fit snorkel on the G4. The main problem, however, is it is not sealed to the body in any way so this means it acts only as a raised air intake, not a snorkel, and doesn't increase your water wading depth.

FWIW, I had a new windscreen fitted to my G4 RRS last weekend, which necessitated removing the factory fitted RAI for them to get the screen pillar off. Ended up just unbolting it and pulling it out of the way whilst he popped the screen pillar off, after discovering the whole thing is sealed on round the wing intake to make it watertight. On trying to lever it out slightly at the wing intake there's a foam gasket between the snorkel and wing, which then had black rubber sealant applied on each side, so when squashed against the wing the sealant is now at least 1" wide all the way round.

I've not looked at how tight the installation is once inside the wing, but certainly there's no way anything could get in from the 'outside' of the car unless the top of the RAI was underwater. I think if it was that high, my main concern wouldn't really be whether the car was going to stay running Laughing

What I will say though is the 2 bolts holding the snorkel to the wing intake were dreadfully corroded after 4 years and as they're allen bolts we were a bit concerned that they wouldn't shift. I'd recommend either changing them for stainless or putting some grease in there to protect them if you do fit the Mantec RAI.

Cheers

Mike. Ex-G4 Challenge RRS HSE, BV55 YZE. Subtle shade of orange ! Now registered YZE481 G4RRS in Melbourne.

Post #265208 Thu May 06 2010 10:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12