RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Premium ICE Pack any good ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

cecilthecat

United Kingdom 
Premium ICE Pack any good ?

Hi,

I've nearly decided on the spec of my next car which I plan to order next week, however I just had one question that I thought I might ask the collective here for your opinions Smile

Is the Premium ICE pack worth adding to a new vehicle for £1000 or is the standard Audio on an HSE pretty much good enough ?

I'm not a mad audiophile looking for concert hall quality but don't want to order the vehicle and then find that the standard audio is really rubbish and kick myself for not ticking the Premium ICE box, however it is an expensive option so if it is not really worth having then would prefer to save the money.

I plan to visit the local dealer and take their car for a spin which has the standard Audio system and see what this sounds like, but if anyone has the Premium ICE pack I would be interested in your views on this system ?

Post #264819 Sat May 01 2010 7:58pm
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

I am very happy with the standard Harmon/Kardon system, especially with DAB or IPOD. Its by far the best car audio system I've ever owned and I've no regrets about not ordering the premium system.

I've haven't heard the Logic7 system though so I don't know what the difference is. WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #264824 Sat May 01 2010 8:46pm
Jay Boy

Wales 

hi

My last RRS didn't have the premium ice logic 7 and the sound system was ok.
my D3 before did have it. Great sound
The new one which i specced has it.
The difference is very noticeable but if your not into the audio side then don't bother, the standard is quite enough and you will not be disappointed.
if you are ordering the headrest tv/dvd system then i would suggest the logic 7.

jay

PS you should be able to get it for about £800 if you haggle and whinge a bit Thumbs Up 2017 Range Rover Sport SVR
2014 Defender XS HT Firenze red 2.2 TDCi
2015 Skoda Octavia VRS estate
2017 VW Touareg 3L V6
2011 Aston Martin DB9 Stratstone edition

Post #264827 Sat May 01 2010 9:08pm
RichardM

Did the pre-MY10 models have Harmon/Kardon as standard? WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys

Post #264830 Sat May 01 2010 9:24pm
Jay Boy

Wales 

RichardM wrote:
Did the pre-MY10 models have Harmon/Kardon as standard?

Richard

Yes they all have Harmon Kardon systems
premium ice is an option though
Thumbs Up 2017 Range Rover Sport SVR
2017 VW Touareg 3L V6

Post #264831 Sat May 01 2010 9:28pm
p1 dave

2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Sorry to be dumb but what is the difference with the Premium ICE pack? I know the one I am buying has it but on the test drive I didnt bother to turn it on... I know it has the DVD player and screens in the head rests but only cause I could see those

Post #264833 Sat May 01 2010 9:32pm
Jay Boy

Wales 

Better amp
More speakers
Controls from the back of the car.
you can plug headphone into the back doors and listen different music to the front.
sub woofer

im no expert but i think thats it.
if im talking B Censored someone will be on to correct it Thumbs Up 2017 Range Rover Sport SVR
2017 VW Touareg 3L V6

Post #264834 Sat May 01 2010 9:37pm
p1 dave

2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Jay Boy wrote:
Better amp
More speakers
Controls from the back of the car.
you can plug headphone into the back doors and listen different music to the front.
sub woofer

im no expert but i think thats it.
if im talking B Censored someone will be on to correct it Thumbs Up

Thanks Jay, I saw the controls within the back of the centre console - I had to sit in the back for a bit and I also saw the controls on the rear doors near the windows. I also noticed that there are two sets of head phones in there. Oh cant wait to get it now just so I can hear if it is any good, but can it be better than the sound of the supercharged V8 Confused I doubt it Laughing

Post #264836 Sat May 01 2010 9:40pm
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I've Logic 7 in the X5 so I assume it would be a similar system since it has the same name and in the X5 its the dogs!!! Still never had it full up but the sound quality stays amazing!!! Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #264856 Sun May 02 2010 10:01am
RAD

Scotland 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

The BMW Logic system is fantastic.......definitely, the D.B's. 'Thumbs Up'

The LR Logic system - still a Harman product, is just the dog bit, it sounds thin, toppy and with little to justify the extra cost.

It was similar in the pre-MY10 cars, I've had it in my past 3 RRS's, really must stop drinking before I place the order, each time I hope its going to improve........it doesn't.'Sad'

On my previous car, they swapped the amp & two speakers........didn't make any difference!

Wish I had spent the money on a heated steering wheel, that would have been cheaper and more use.'Neutral' .

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.

TDV8 HSE MY10 with pretty much everything including a vase of daffs on the back shelf, tropical fish collection in the centre console, hamsters in the spare tyre and finally sheep on the passenger seats.....for weight distribution, what else??

Post #264881 Sun May 02 2010 8:30pm
KWG

2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HST Zermatt Silver

Mine does have the ProLogic 7 and i would highly highly recommend it. If you like your dance music then the sound is sensational

Post #264944 Mon May 03 2010 6:02pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

yes its better than the standard one

is it worth it? all depends on your expectations - no other person can ever tell you whether a system sounds better - this is one thing you really have to try yourself I'm afraid

Kaine

Post #264946 Mon May 03 2010 6:46pm
bradtarga34

I've got the premium ice in mine, absolutely brilliant. The subwoofer is an active unit, and apparently the system has about 1000 watts! The bass is lovely, tight and punchy and the prologic surround sound really makes a difference. I've tried turning it off, and the difference is quite remarkable. I do really like my sound systems though, so I'm glad I have it.

Post #265120 Wed May 05 2010 1:33pm
RichardM

Jay Boy wrote:
RichardM wrote:
Did the pre-MY10 models have Harmon/Kardon as standard?

Richard

Yes they all have Harmon Kardon systems
premium ice is an option though
Thumbs Up

I've got a 09 HSE at the moment after mine was towed away on Tuesday and the audio system doesn't seem to be anywhere near as good. Has any one else experienced that who has changed for a 2010? WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

Post #265314 Thu May 06 2010 9:43pm
JC1

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I have the standard Harmon Kardon system in my MY10 and i think its a brilliant sound, knocks my previous BMW X5 sound system into a 'cocked hat'.

Im sure the premium ice system must sound out of this world but for an extra £1Kish it should do.

My opinion is that i am more than happy with the standard Harmon Kardon system, but of course its a personel choice. Thumbs Up MY10 3.0 HSE Santorini Black, Ivory Premium & extended leather, privacy, paddles, diamond turned alloys, Ipod lead that charges, tasmods, rrsport.co.uk stickers

Jeep 4.0 High Output XJ 94 6" teraflex lift, c/w rear coils, 9500lb winch, 35" TSL super swamper boggers, safari snorkel, custom made bumpers, tom woods custom double cardon driveshaft, twin electric fans. Don't follow it..............you wont make it. The first 4 x 4 by far.

Post #265317 Thu May 06 2010 10:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>