RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Just can't get comfy!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

wackyjim

Scotland 
Just can't get comfy!!!

Not sure if its just me but for some reason I just can't seem to find a comfortable driving position and find that I keep getting a really dull achey right leg after a while... have fiddled about with all sorts of seat settings without any real joy. I think it maybe due to the short seat and lack of support behind the knee but just not very sure. I reckon a 2 hour journey would virtually cripple me Big Cry ...Anyone else feel like this???

Post #263374 Sun Apr 18 2010 5:14pm
sportdriver

United Kingdom 

Exactly the same problem & as a result I ended up selling my 5.0L Supercharged after only 5 Months of ownership.

My lower back was in agony on + off after 2 Months of having the car. It would gradually get better if I was driving locally - but then I'd have a run to Birmingham & be in pain for days after.

Have been in my XKR since March & all back pain gone completely.

Strangely enough in 2005 I bought an X5 for 2 years with no problem at all. My wife's got an X5 now & I was taking a look at the seat setup to try & understand why I get more support in that than the R/R Sport. I came to 2 conclusions - firstly - the seats are firmer. Second & most importantly - it had an extension at the very front of the seat you could pull out which 'extended' the support to just under the back of your knee. When I tilt the seat upwards - it lifted my leg at that point & relieved all pressure from the base of my spine.

Was kind of sad to see the Sport go - but am so comfy in the Jag - and it goes like s*@t off a shovel!!! Thumbs Up '10 Jaguar XKR Coupe 5.0L Supercharged.
Kyanite Blue/Ivory + Piano Black Trim.

Post #263376 Sun Apr 18 2010 5:35pm
wackyjim

Scotland 

Sportdriver..

I had a Jag XKR conv several years back and have to agree with you it was supremely comfortable and supremely fast!!! I will be absolutely gutted if I had to sell the RRS because of this.. but if its causing me pain then not sure what else I can do?...Not sure if there is anything that can be added to the seat that might help Question Question Question

Post #263381 Sun Apr 18 2010 6:19pm
sportdriver

United Kingdom 

Well hopefully it won't come to that for you & I hope you can find a comfortable setup.

I have to say - it has made me far more conscious of comfort when looking at cars. As a result of this - I will be most likely getting the wife another X5 next year - I had thought of a new Disco for her but I couldn't run the risk of not being able to drive it; as her car is essentially our 'family' car so to speak.

Let us know how you get on. '10 Jaguar XKR Coupe 5.0L Supercharged.
Kyanite Blue/Ivory + Piano Black Trim.

Post #263383 Sun Apr 18 2010 6:29pm
wackyjim

Scotland 

Thats the problem when you take a 10 minute test drive...it may seem comfortable enough at the time but back or leg ache tends to take a wee while to show up. Perhaps dealers should allow customers extended test drives of at least 24hours to make sure a particular car and its set up is suitable for you....especially if you are going to spend the best part of £60K

Post #263387 Sun Apr 18 2010 7:00pm
Bradders

United Kingdom 

That was exactly the problem with our A4 quattro last year. Had it for two weeks and returned it as I was getting a dull ache in my right shin. Got taken to the cleaners of course by the stealer who offered me the RRS we now have. It took two months and physio to relieve the muscle spasm in my leg. Dont seem to have the same problem with these seats.

Couldnt agree more about test drives. This will be last car we ever buy without trying it for at least a day.

Hope you get sorted asap. FF 4.4 V8 Soooo looking forward to this bad boy
Ex 2006 RRS SC - garbage
Ex 2016 135i M Sport - dream car
Ex 2003 RS6 Avant - piece of cr*p
Ex 2014 320d X Drive, M Sport Touring - ok I guess
Ex 2007 RRS TDV8 - bloody loved it
EX 2007 FL2 XS - not so bad

Post #263389 Sun Apr 18 2010 7:51pm
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I had the same with an A6. Right leg was agony doing long runs with it!! Kept it a month. Dont know if it was the seat or the 4 steel bars in place of springs that was causing the problem. Never be looking at Audi again. Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #263392 Sun Apr 18 2010 7:59pm
NightFox

United Kingdom 

I found the same with my D3 - anything more than a couple of hours and it would leave me with backache. Strangely though I've found my FL2 to be probably the most comfortable car I've ever driven - wifey often says the same too. Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.8::MG Montego Turbo::MGB GT::Rover Sterling::MGF::MG ZT 190+
Discovery Series II Td5 GS::Discovery 3 TDV6 S::Freelander 2 TD4 XS::Freelander 2 TD4 SE
Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport TDV6 3.0

Last edited by NightFox on Sun Apr 18 2010 9:13pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #263393 Sun Apr 18 2010 8:10pm
Gazzer

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Sportdriver, go for the Range Rover over the X5, same design seats, far better product! Thumbs Up 2010MY Land Rover Freelander 2 HSE
Santorini Black with Ebony Napoli Leather

Post #263398 Sun Apr 18 2010 8:41pm
wackyjim

Scotland 

NightFox wrote:
I found the same with my D3 - anything more than a couple of hours and it would leave me with backache. Strangely though I've found my FL2 to be probably the most comfortable car I've ever driven - wifey often says the same too.

Strangely enough having driven the Freelander when the RRS was away on warranty duty last week I felt it was much more comfortable to drive Shocked Shocked

Post #263404 Sun Apr 18 2010 9:12pm
wackyjim

Scotland 

4wheeldriver wrote:
I had the same with an A6. Right leg was agony doing long runs with it!! Kept it a month. Dont know if it was the seat or the 4 steel bars in place of springs that was causing the problem. Never be looking at Audi again.

Its funny how different we all are....I found the Audi S8 really comfy and never felt any aches or pains even after 400mile blasts to the South of England!! Razz

Post #263406 Sun Apr 18 2010 9:16pm
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Aberdeen to Edinburgh in the A6 s-line and I'd a dead right leg Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #263407 Sun Apr 18 2010 9:21pm
Java Jungle

Monaco 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Gazzer wrote:
Sportdriver, go for the Range Rover over the X5, same design seats, far better product! Thumbs Up

AGREE GAZZER...!!!

jj

Post #263425 Mon Apr 19 2010 5:36am
purple people eater

United Kingdom 

Used to own an Audi A6, always gave me back ache, RRS takes me to South Wales regularily, 6 hours in the saddle, no problem purple people eater

There are no good days, just some days that are not as bad as others!

Gone RR 4.0 P38 Autobiography MY99 Red ( Evil or Very Mad money pit)
Gone Big Cry RRS MY06 2.7TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Gone RRS MY10 3.0TDV6 HSE Bali Blue with lots of bits (never grew to love it)
Here Now - 3.6 TDV8 FFRR OVERFINCH Stornoway Grey - loving it x
My work car Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDci Zetec auto Estate in Silver

Post #263547 Tue Apr 20 2010 12:17am
RonnieT

Ireland 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Sorry for resurrecting a pretty dead thread, but was searching to see if anyone else was suffering a bit in the seat.

I'm finding it really hard to get a good seating position in my new 2005 RRS. I'm getting pains in my leg which I reckon are down to 'hovering' over the brake and accelerator when driving in town. I dove a P38 in supreme comfort for 8 years, but this is really tough; I think it's down to the Supercharged needing such light inputs on throttle and brakes in city traffic that I'm tensing my leg way too much.

There's so many adjustments to the seat too, I'd really be interested if anyone has discovered an 'idea' position. The pedals feel a little too offset to the right, wondering if there's a kit to relocate them in any way ?

Or, another question - what if I were to run the car in a mode with a less responsive throttle in city traffic ? I haven't tried this, but was wondering if 'sand' mode might slow the instant throttle response ?

I'm not getting back pain, just leg pain.
My girlfriend tells me it's just like using a new piece of equipment at the gym - the muscles will eventually relax into it.
Anyone experience this ?

Post #279386 Wed Nov 03 2010 11:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>