RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Bye to the RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

NickM

United Kingdom 

4Wheel....you old git.... Thumbs Up

Caravan? Slipped Disc? Rover 75? What a catch you must be!! (in Scotland anyway)!!!!! Laughing

Post #261975 Sun Apr 04 2010 10:58am
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

NickM wrote:

Caravan? Slipped Disc? Rover 75? What a catch you must be!! (in Scotland anyway)!!!!! Laughing

I wish it was just a slipped disc! On the MRI scan you can see bits of the burst disc floating around my lower back! And where the disc should be is a flattened piece of tissue barely keeping the vertebrae apart! Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #261976 Sun Apr 04 2010 11:02am
wackyjim

Scotland 

4wheeldriver wrote:
NickM wrote:

I wish it was just a slipped disc! On the MRI scan you can see bits of the burst disc floating around my lower back! And where the disc should be is a flattened piece of tissue barely keeping the vertebrae apart!

We had a horse with the same condition....unfotunately we had to shoot it Big Cry Big Cry

Post #261980 Sun Apr 04 2010 12:32pm
sportdriver

United Kingdom 

Nick - I know you're right in what you say regarding detailing. There is one of 'detailingworld' most respected contributors + detailers who lives 250 yards around the corner from me.

In 2008 I bought a brand new Black XKR & noticed heavy swirl marks in the sunlight. He spent 2 days on my car & I have to say - I have never seen a car look so good afterwards. The finish was like a piece of glass it was so smooth. The only problem is he is booked up well in advance & he wants the car overnight which is hard for me to organise.

I was at one of these roadside car-washes a few Months ago & noticed a young lad about to shampoo my car whist wearing rings, watch & a chavvy bracelet. I never gave my language skills much thought before this - as there were certainly no translation issues with him understanding me!!! Thumbs Up

4WheelDriver echoes my thoughts on Delaer service & in particular Dealer attitude. Some years ago I had a gearbox problem in an XKR. Took it into the Dealer & got the obligatory XType Loan car. Went back into the Dealer later & they told me I needed a new gearbox & was on back order for over 3 weeks!! To be fair - the Service Manager came out & then offered me his company car which was a new S-Type at the time instead of the Xtype I had been given. I put 2,500 miles on that car in 3.5 weeks & they didn't bat an eyelid. That's customer service for you!! I always say there's nothing wrong with having a problem - it's how you deal with it which sets you apart from everyone else. '10 Jaguar XKR Coupe 5.0L Supercharged.
Kyanite Blue/Ivory + Piano Black Trim.

Post #261987 Sun Apr 04 2010 4:11pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Sports - have a very good wash team down the road - and they even wash my car with a hose when I ask them to, but they use the one mit all over the car without it being rinsed out - and even though I live on a main road, I prefer now to wash it by hand with 2 buckets. Ok I spend more on products - but I get so much more pleasure out of doing it myself (yeah yeah). And if I machine the car - just one wash at the carwash place will bring them back again - so whats the point!

Converted to the other side (yeah yeah again!) npinks made me this way!!!

Post #261991 Sun Apr 04 2010 5:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123