RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Memory seat problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

jackt

United States 
Memory seat problem

Hello to everybody, i'm on time for the 7500 mil service and i'l pay a visit to the dealer. Overall the car runs great, no problems. The only thing that bothers me is that it seems that the the seats always looses the memory settings.

I have setup both mine and my wifes keys for mem #1 and #2 respectively. No problem up to here. My wifes key keeps the lazy entry and adjusts the seat when she unlocks the car. My key doesn't adjust the seat. The lazy entry is on. Does it have to be on on each key or by turning it on applies to both keys? If this is the case i have to check it when i use my key.

The second problem is that when we alternate as drivers (we are using our own keys everytime) most of the time the memory setting is lost .. Evil or Very Mad Although we are pushing mem seat #1 or #2 no adjestment is done. In this case we adjust the seats, store the memory once again, works for a few times and then all of a suden memory settings are lost again. This is very weird and i can't find a pattern on that. Have you experienced any of these? Any help or insight is welcomed before paing a visit to the dealer.

Other than this minor thing we love the car. We are going to start putting some....water in the gas tank ($3/gallon in US)... Idea but we dont regret it at all. It's the best car we ever owned.. Very Happy

Post #25889 Wed Apr 19 2006 6:27pm
grommet

United States 

The memory is key fob specific. When you set/save your positions and pull out the key... the "lazy entry" memory (seat, mirror & mirror dip) is saved for your specific key.

Post #25891 Wed Apr 19 2006 6:46pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Why don't you try setting your wife's seat position to Memory 1 (with her key in the ignition and Lazy Entry on), then do it all over again with your own key in the ignition, setting Memory 1 to your own seat position? By doing it that way, in theory you would never have to fiddle with the other memory buttons (2 and 3), which could create problems if you mistakenly pressed the "Memory Store" button instead of the 1,2, or 3 button, I have done that many times...

This is the wrong forum to complain about gas prices. Very Happy Although for the first time in my "US life" I have spent $70 to fill up my tank today ($3.17 for super), remember the good old days when $50 fill-ups seemed like a lot of money? 

Post #25892 Wed Apr 19 2006 6:51pm
jackt

United States 

Thanks Grommet, the problem is that only my wifes key fob seems to work with the lazy entry. i'll set ip up to on as well using my key to see what happens.

Umbertob, i'll try your suggestion but i'm wondering how you can distinguish which memory you want if both are set to the same number key. Is the key fob linked to the memory seat in that way that it will tell that by using a specific key fob and #1 (both times) will adjust the seat accordingly? I'll try it tonight and let you know.
Re the gas, this is the beggining .... $90 will look cheap, we are not even in the summer yet... Cool

Post #25895 Wed Apr 19 2006 7:11pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

jackt wrote:
Umbertob, i'll try your suggestion but i'm wondering how you can distinguish which memory you want if both are set to the same number key.

Because, like grommet said, each memory is keyfob-specific. With Lazy Entry enabled, it's as if you had 6 memory positions, 3 assigned to the first keyfob, 3 to the second. If you want to keep doing it the old fashioned way (enabling Memory 1 for your preference and Memory 2 for your wife's, regardless of which key you use), you should turn off lazy entry. 

Post #25896 Wed Apr 19 2006 7:18pm
jackt

United States 

Umbertob now is more clear, it makes sence. I had an Acura TL and had the same setup but no problems. The key fob was linked to each memory seat (had only 2) with lazy entry. You could setup which key to link with which memory seat. I guess you have more choises with the RRS which makes thinks a little more complicated. thanks for the advice, its the first think i'll do tonight... Very Happy

Post #25897 Wed Apr 19 2006 7:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1