RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Sold the 5.0L Supercharged!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

sportdriver

United Kingdom 
Sold the 5.0L Supercharged!

After 5 enjoyable Months & 7,500 miles of blasting up + down the UK - I have sadly decided to sell the 5.0L Supercharged Sport today.

The seats in the R/R Sport have not agreed with my back - and as this car is mainly for work I have sold it & bought a brand new XKR Coupe in Blue which I pick up next week.

I absolutely loved it & will miss the car badly when the next bout of bad weather comes!! Hope to remain on this forum though & still write the occasional post! Thumbs Up '10 Jaguar XKR Coupe 5.0L Supercharged.
Kyanite Blue/Ivory + Piano Black Trim.

Post #257287 Thu Feb 25 2010 9:18pm
Gazzer

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

That's not the Kyante XKR that was sitting outside HA Fox in Southampton this week? Lurvley! Cool

G 2010MY Land Rover Freelander 2 HSE
Santorini Black with Ebony Napoli Leather

Post #257291 Thu Feb 25 2010 9:39pm
sportdriver

United Kingdom 

Thanks G - it sure does look nice - but no I got mine from a Dealership up North.

Very Happy '10 Jaguar XKR Coupe 5.0L Supercharged.

Post #257295 Thu Feb 25 2010 10:05pm
C10KO

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

sportdriver, do not mind me asking but how much did you get for your RRS?
Thanks Thumbs Up

Post #257319 Fri Feb 26 2010 7:40am
Gazzer

sportdriver wrote:
Thanks G - it sure does look nice - but no I got mine from a Dealership up North.

Very Happy

Sweet! Is it your 1st Jag? Just love 'em, I'm intending to get the 5ltr as soon as poss, had 3 so far, traded my '07 for a Disco 3. (little un arrived!) 2010MY Land Rover Freelander 2 HSE

Post #257324 Fri Feb 26 2010 8:46am
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

If your going to change no better car to go to in my mind Thumbs Up

Post #257331 Fri Feb 26 2010 9:36am
sportdriver

United Kingdom 

C1ocko - No I don't mind telling you I got £58K straight for it - with no creative accounting regarding an over allowance on the Jag. It went to a trader who deals in high-end cars not a LR Dealer.

Gaz - No i've had 1 x XK8, 3 x XKR's (1 was a convertible ) & now this Coupe. As you can see I love them too!!! The last XKR I had was a 2008 car (Black coupe) which I chopped in for teh RRS - so I haven't even driven this new 5.0L Supercharged engine! The DP at the Dealer says it's awesome!!

I probably will dispose of the DB9 this year now as I think the Jag makes it surplus to requirements. The whole idea of coming out of the XKR for work into the RRS, was to have something different for me + the family.

That being said - I'll just have to pinch the Wife's car when I'm out with the kids!! Thumbs Up '10 Jaguar XKR Coupe 5.0L Supercharged.

Post #257348 Fri Feb 26 2010 10:40am
zoo

United Kingdom 

please keep posting Sportdriver - I would love to hear how you compare the drive - and the seats - of your new XKR to your AM. (Just keep referring to the RRS comparison to keep it on on this site).
I think the Jag is a much better car than the AM. They've also addressed the hand-brake seat bolster issue!. I have a V8 Vantage R' that I am toying with PX'ing for the XKR. Big mistake for me buying the soft-top - wish I had gone for the coupe.

Get some pics up - or at least tell us which forum you have put them on. Happy driving. Thumbs Up

Post #257362 Fri Feb 26 2010 12:00pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

There is no need to own an RRS to be a member here, admirers and previous owners are more than welcome.. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #257363 Fri Feb 26 2010 12:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
zoo

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
There is no need to own an RRS to be a member here, admirers and previous owners are more than welcome..

nice one Tim Thumbs Up - not one to want and upset anyone

Post #257369 Fri Feb 26 2010 12:37pm
sportdriver

United Kingdom 

Thanks Zoo & Tim - must admit I do like the 'atmosphere' on this forum so will definitely pop in from time to time!!

Zoo - I always said the noise of the DB9 would keep me in love with it forever. I do still rate the DB9 as one of the best 'everyday' sportscars - but when you look at full list of what you pay for the DB9 v's XKR - you've got to really like that noise...!!

Practically speaking - the boot is comfortably twice the size in the XKR too - and I definitely had more leg room in my 2008 XKR Coupe. Can't imagine that has changed.

The DP at the Jaguar Dealer has been raving about the new setup of the car with the electronic diff - reckons it's 911 territory at attacking corners/sliding the back end out!! Sounds good to me & if I'm not breaking any forum rules I'll post some pics up when I get chance! '10 Jaguar XKR Coupe 5.0L Supercharged.

Post #257375 Fri Feb 26 2010 1:18pm
Gazzer

I agree the XKR is better than the Aston. Wanted an AMV8, but aside the badge and the noise I was totally underwhelmed by the thing. The 997S was just too much of a sports car all the time for me. Firm ride, noise and red mist everytime I was in one! Jaguar have got it perfect IMHO, the new adaptive dynamics with the ediff (off the Disco!) make it a fabulous car. It has established a new category as the perfect Sports-GT car, it can get you to the south of France in style and comfort or if you want around the Nurburgring! 2010MY Land Rover Freelander 2 HSE

Post #257376 Fri Feb 26 2010 1:38pm
zoo

United Kingdom 

Zoo - I always said the noise of the DB9 would keep me in love with it forever. I do still rate the DB9 as one of the best 'everyday' sportscars - but when you look at full list of what you pay for the DB9 v's XKR - you've got to really like that noise...!!

I remember the first day I drove my vantage up the M1 - after following a mini cooper S through the Luton contraflow, we got to the end of the roadworks and He started to slow a bit. He wanted me to overtake him and as I came alongside, he stuck his head through the lowered window. I obliged with the red line. I'm a bit passe with it now. Cannot imagine what living with 4 extra cylinders and hardly any extra weight compared to my roadster is like.

I think the XKR is even lighter than the DB9 - and that's light!

You're right about the AMV8 Gazzer - pay all that money and they cannot even design a frigging handbrake that doesn't screw your seat leather. Sat Nav - don't get me started.

Once again - some pics up Sportdriver

Post #257400 Fri Feb 26 2010 5:16pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Autocar have their head to head test of the AM Rapide against the Panamera, they heavily criticise the design of the Rapide's dash which is exactly the same as the DB's and especially the crap ex-Volvo satnav system. They also marked down the crystal "key" which kept falling out of the dash fitting on their test car! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #257402 Fri Feb 26 2010 5:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sportdriver

United Kingdom 

Zoo - I'm struggling with posting pics to this particular thread - but if you click on my 'gallery' I've just put up 4 x pics of the new XKR which the Dealership have e-mailed me. Thumbs Up

I'll take some more pics when I get the car home next week on Thursday - but these aren't too bad!!

Hope you guys like it!! Thumbs Up

** Here are the pics, Sportdriver **

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 '10 Jaguar XKR Coupe 5.0L Supercharged.

Post #257406 Fri Feb 26 2010 6:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>