RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Shouldnt name the dealer - unfair!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Steuart64

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey
Shouldnt name the dealer - unfair!!!

Put the RRS in for warranty/Recall work yesterday.

Included was the following with dealers response:

1. Seat belt wearing B Pillar. Resp. Normal wear and tear. I challenged stating the same issue on FL2s being repaired as a warranty item. Still wear and tear Sir. OK If you have wear on one material you have it on the other are my seat belts safe. Normal wear and tear Sir. I gave up for now.

2. Power delivery slow resulting in sudden take off effect. Resp. Normal operation for an automatic Sir. I also challenged stating that Id agree in an old DAF belt driven transmission but not in an executive class car. My Audi A4 auto was smoother. Resp. Well this is a heavier car Sir. I asked if that was an admission that the transmission/power plant were inadequate for the body the reply was , "I am advised that is normal".

3. Cabin temperature not constant. Resp. User fault Sir you had it in Auto. I replied yes and that mean I expect the climate control to keep a constant temp at the figure I set. Yes Sir but you will get hot and cold from the vents. I agreed as that is indeed how you control a constant temp but it shouldnt mean the cabin takes a constant dip to an uncomfortable temp. the response was its operating normally. I then mentioned the Tech Bullitin on the "thermal Sock " over the sensor and... "Oh a tech bulletin, we will look agian.

Do they not realise people talk and exchange experiences in this day and age of email/forums etc.?

I asked why my car lay on the forecourt for 2.5 hours before they started work and was told - normal practise!!!! I am glad it is warranty and I wasnt paying for those "labour hours"!!!

I work in a customer service company and if I was as unhelpfull I'd be run off!!! Now - MY11 RRS Autobiography TDV6, Orkney gray, tints, steps, daylight running lamps and allllll the toys!!!
Ex- RRS HSE TDV6 07 Java Black, bi xenon, corner lights, side steps, tints, cool box, smoke side repeats, chrome "sport" boot sill
Ex - Audi A4 Cab 3.0TDi Quattro
Ex - Freelander2 SE TD4
Ex - CRV Auto

Post #256053 Wed Feb 17 2010 4:44pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Steuart mine was in Morrison's Stirling yesterday for the suspension knock - delivered the car at 0820 and when I looked outside at 0830 it had already gone into the workshop! Suspension fixed but parts to cure upper tailgate not releasing are "on back order" but the car was ready to collect at 4pm, unfortunately I couldn't get to the dealership before they closed so collected just after lunch - was phoned this morning and asked what time I might be in as they wanted to give it a valet before I arrived! It was spotless inside and out (even the muddy footwell mats from the weekend had been removed and washed and polished! Marks - 9/10 (held one back as they could only deliver me to the local bus depot rather than run me 17 miles home and I didn't want a loaner as I have another Land Rover sitting on the drive) 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #256055 Wed Feb 17 2010 4:53pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Steuart64

Maybe I need to go where proper customer service lives! After all, I do love driving the car!!!

I shall see what is reported tomorrow and maybe go see x Censored x - Ooooops a clue!! Now - MY11 RRS Autobiography TDV6, Orkney gray, tints, steps, daylight running lamps and allllll the toys!!!
Ex- RRS HSE TDV6 07 Java Black, bi xenon, corner lights, side steps, tints, cool box, smoke side repeats, chrome "sport" boot sill
Ex - Freelander2 SE TD4
Ex - CRV Auto

Last edited by Steuart64 on Wed Feb 17 2010 6:36pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #256059 Wed Feb 17 2010 5:31pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

From your clue I have heard that Customer Service at that dealership has improved beyond all expectations since there was a change of senior staff in the servicing dept. Never used them myself as it's a bit far to go to get the car serviced, although in 2008 I did take the car into CHPR in west London for it's first service but it was because I was in London anyway so as I bought the car from them I got them to do the 1st service 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #256068 Wed Feb 17 2010 6:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Steuart64

Had a call yesterday and the B pillar fitting is on order!! Only told the rest of the car was ready but didnt go into specifics as I was then told they had dented the car and it was away to a body shop for repair.

At least they told me and are taking care of it.

Oh well a few more days in the sprity FL2!!! Now - MY11 RRS Autobiography TDV6, Orkney gray, tints, steps, daylight running lamps and allllll the toys!!!
Ex - Freelander2 SE TD4
Ex - CRV Auto

Post #256390 Fri Feb 19 2010 8:53am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1