RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Collection Day
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Biggles

England 

Smarticus I have posted a pic of Artic Silver RRS in the members gallery if that helps. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #136 Mon Jun 06 2005 9:48pm
Biggles

England 

Tim,
Cant wait to hear your report on the new car, are you any nearer with the plates and DVLC.
Getting a test drive Tuesday afternoon first drive of the RRS, very much looking forward to it, seems like it will be a full family outing though everybody wants to come with me. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #137 Mon Jun 06 2005 9:55pm
Biggles

England 

Had my first drive in a 2.7 TDV6 RRS last night.
I must say I cant believe how much the car impressed me, took it down some back roads to check out the handling and boy does it go round corners the size of the car is not really imposing on the twisties and acceleration is better than expected, (chip to improve) the car is quiter than my current X5 BMW and much more refined. Boot space is larger golf clubs will fit in better Smile .Rear passenger space is in my opinion very good, but it was how well the car handled that impressed me the most for the small demo drive that I had. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #160 Wed Jun 08 2005 8:13am
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Biggles, you mentioned rear pasanger space - are the rear doors small, thus making it difficult for rear passangers to get in and out as with the Disco II? Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #196 Fri Jun 10 2005 5:43am
Biggles

England 

Quote:
you mentioned rear pasanger space - are the rear doors small, thus making it difficult for rear passangers to get in and out as with the Disco II?

Not that I noticed, took both kids on the test drive and they did not comment on it, but they were both excited and probably did not take to much notice, it may be a good idea to speak to tim from scotland, he has his RRS now and is currently driving it round so should have a better idea. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #198 Fri Jun 10 2005 7:17am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

My parents come along with me whenever I buy a new car.......... my mother is in her late 70's and has arthritic hips and had no problems getting in and out of RRS, mainly because the sill seems to be a bit lower at access level than the big RR. She had major problems with Disco2 and the easiest Landy for her was my Freelander. The RRSport doors seem to be no smaller than a D3 but there isn't quite as much rear leg room as in the big RR, seeing as RRS is 5" shorter then that isn't surprising! RRS also seems to sit a lot lower than the big RR in access mode which helps those who are not that agile.
However..................... recently took a 90 year old retired lady doctor offroading in the Defender and thought "Well now she's in that's it!" She would have none of it, at 5ft tall and getting quite frail she had no problems scrambling up in to the passenger seat, even with the mangled and slippery sidesteps that are on it! Where there's a will there's a way............ Very Happy
Said lady used to drive series Land Rovers whenevr she went on her doctors rounds round her rural practice and asked me as a favour to take her offroading as apart from going down famr lanes she had never ever taken her Landies true off road and into the dirt................... she had a brilliant day and the sun even came out for her!

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Fri Jun 10 2005 11:17pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #202 Fri Jun 10 2005 7:53am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Tim, glad to hear about the rear doors. I too have a Mum in her mid 70s and she too prefers the Freelander and the RR. The Disco II was no no - door too narrow and the car could not be lowered.Many thanks Tim. Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #229 Fri Jun 10 2005 11:02pm
Biggles

England 

Tim,

Have you missed the rear lower tailgate ala the range rover you have just sold, I noticed in one of your pics that you had somebody brewing up on it.
I must admit it did come in handy on my old P38A, was wondering how you felt. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #233 Sat Jun 11 2005 10:29am
Tim in Scotland

Not really, it was a great picnic table, but as I'm not very tall (5'7") reaching over it into the boot was a hassle - I have a Freelander luggage net that fitted across between the suspension turrets of the RR better than it did on the Freelander and had eyes at the top and bottom to hook it on (which is why I miss them on the sport) The net was more of an envelope with elastic along the top so you could open the two sides up and put items inside so they didn't slide round, but also it stopped stuff going right to the front of the bootspace and meant I didn't have to clamber up onto the tailgate to reach them!
The Sport's boot is also shallower than the RR's but that isn't a huge problem as I have a trailer too

I can no longer travel like this in the Sport, I will just have to leave 2 boards and a mast at home or take 1 less friend - we travelled 4 up in the RR like this

but it will be better than loading up like this!

or this

Pictures are all taken out on the Isle of Tiree in the Hebrides of Scotalnd

Post #234 Sat Jun 11 2005 11:18am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Tim, were you heading for Mull or was it Tiree ? The windsurfers suggest the latter, but the ferry suggests the former. We just returned from a week in Mull last week and if anyone is thinking of going there I can wholeheartedly recommend the Fidden campsite near Fionnphort (beside the Iona fery) which is so good that on a sunny day you will certainly think you have died and gone to heaven .....

Post #240 Sat Jun 11 2005 9:49pm
Tim in Scotland

I was off to Tiree........... the ferry is the bigger one that CalMac put on in the summer and revert to the Lord of the Isles or Clansman in the winter. Only the first picture was take at Oban......... the others were all on Tiree at the ferry terminal on the way home

I got in some unexpected offroading this afternoon while visiting a local Organic farm with a gardening club run by my father........... how would you like to have this view from you sitting room window?

The people I was visiting have just this view from every room in the front of their house............ It is Loch Lomond and the flat topped mountain in the centre of the pic is Ben Lomond. I live just 10 miles from here

Post #241 Sat Jun 11 2005 9:50pm
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Tim, if you are "into" offroading have you considered the Argyll Forest Challenge (see their website at http://www.ruftraks.co.uk/afc_2005_details.htm ). That event is held in the Arrochar forest which I reckon is just over the hills to the left of centre in your picture of Loch Lomond. Its a pretty extreme event (front and back winches needed - and thats just on the people, the vehicles need lots more toys on them). Look at the photos of the 2004 event to get a flavour. We came third last year and have an entry for this year, in teams of 2 vehicles. However my team-mate has been "told" by his wife that he is taking her away on holiday that weekend so he has just dropped out, so I am looking for someone with a good vehicle to take his place......

Post #242 Sun Jun 12 2005 6:58am
Biggles

England 

Tim, did youre new car come with a full tank of fuel when new or did it have just enough to get you to a garage?. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #252 Sun Jun 12 2005 6:30pm
Tim in Scotland

Biggles wrote:
Tim, did youre new car come with a full tank of fuel when new or did it have just enough to get you to a garage?.

I was quite angry to find that it had about a teacup full in it........... this despite the dealer having a garage forecourt 200 yards up the road and also that I traded in a car with 6 months road tax left......... and had been assured it would be compensated for by a tankful. It is also the 6th Landy I have bought from this dealer. I was asked about the "buying experience" when I bought the big RR and commented then that I thought it mean not to fill the tank, even if they included the cost of it in the "on the road price". I know it's a tough world out there but to expect your first stop after taking delivery to be the dealer's own forecourt is a bit much! Also I took delivery of mine at 7pm, when the dealer had had all day to get one of the lads to take it up the road!

Post #253 Sun Jun 12 2005 6:38pm
Biggles

England 

As this is the first new car I have bought from Land Rover and dont personally know anybody at the dealers I thought that this might be the case. I am well known for always getting something for nothing when purchasing new vehicles at work but so far I have been unsuccesful at the dealers in getting anything free out of them.
It upsets me to think I will come away without free carpet mats or even a free tank of fuel on collection day. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #254 Sun Jun 12 2005 6:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>