RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Finance & Insurance > Have I Had A Claim - Renewal Question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

leedsunited

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Have I Had A Claim - Renewal Question

My insurance is due for renewal and as some may know last year my RRS was stolen, it was subsequently returned and for reasons i will not go into here i sold it privately (with the help of a very good friend of this site), i never made a claim on my insurance.

Here is the question - From an insurance question on the quote stand point do i have to inform them my car was stolen even though i never made a claim, because theoreticaly i did initially make a claim but never followed through with it or received any funds. My current insurer is not holding it on my record.

Hope this makes sense.

Post #252055 Tue Jan 26 2010 8:04pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I had this with my 1st RRS. It was involved in a minor accident with a lorry but in the end I didn't claim (Insurer was Land Rover Insurance) but I did tell LRI and i paid for the small cost of the repair myself (it was interesting to see the difference between what the dealer quoted as an insurance claim and what I was quoted if I were paying................. a very significant amount) When it came to renewal time I declared it and there was no difference in my premium, I am still insuring with LRI and in September had my premium cut by 50% on my Defender, just hope that in March they do the same for the RRS!

Interestingly when I went to collect the RRS from the dealership after the repairs I was told that I had to contact the company that owned the lorry - they refunded all my costs to get the car repaired! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #252061 Tue Jan 26 2010 8:13pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
deepmatis

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Did you complete ANY claim paperwork either by hand or telephone ? Kev

52 E46 M3
91 GMC Syclone
72 E10 2002 Turbo

Post #252102 Tue Jan 26 2010 11:05pm
leedsunited

deepmatis wrote:
Did you complete ANY claim paperwork either by hand or telephone ?

I went throgh the whole process but my car was recovered just before a payout was agreed, as i said i decided not to proceed with the claim on the basis that it was in my interest to pay for the damage myself hence no money was claimed or recived from my insurer and the insurer bore no cost for anything in relation to my car being returned.

My understanding on the answer for the question being asked by potential new insurers "have you made a claim in the last 3 years" must surley be no

Post #252230 Wed Jan 27 2010 6:32pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I would say that in this day and age of non-disclosure that you should tell them the whole story on the proposal, afterall you saved your previous insurers from making a large payout but technically you made a claim but didn't follow it through to the end. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #252234 Wed Jan 27 2010 7:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bradders

United Kingdom 

IMHO I think the answer to the question is "yes" as in fact a claim was made, albeit resolved in the end without the company paying out. As others have said it may be best explaining the circumstances to the new insurers.

I'd also ask for a letter from your previous insurers confirming that while a claim was logged with them, the matter was settled without them paying up.

Companies do exchange claims info and in my view its better to be safe than sorry. FF 4.4 V8 Soooo looking forward to this bad boy
Ex 2006 RRS SC - garbage
Ex 2016 135i M Sport - dream car
Ex 2003 RS6 Avant - piece of cr*p
Ex 2014 320d X Drive, M Sport Touring - ok I guess
Ex 2007 RRS TDV8 - bloody loved it
EX 2007 FL2 XS - not so bad

Post #252236 Wed Jan 27 2010 7:10pm
leedsunited

Many thanks all

Post #252247 Wed Jan 27 2010 7:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top