RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > What Land Rover Dealer Network!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Michael997

United Kingdom 
What Land Rover Dealer Network!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crying or Very sad I have just returned from 4 nights away in the New Forest , unfortunately our RRS dash lit up like a christmas tree when in Southampton ABS Park Brake Disc Pads DSC etc so I thought no problem only one mile from L/R main dealer Hunters Land Rover so I pull in and park up, so far so good.

I then explain we are away on a birthday break and what has happened to the RRS and ask for help to my surprise I am told they are too busy and I should phone L/R assistance, feeling a little let down I walk out to my wife waiting in our £46K 4 week old car and tell her what I have been told to do.

We then call L/R assistance who although also puzzled why Hunters would not even step outside to look at our car take our details and say they will deal with it, one hour later a tow truck arrives at Hunters to take us to the main dealers Hunters!!!!!!!!!! he informs us it is not safe to drive our car cannot understand why his has been called out and leaves.

We are now getting a little upset so we call L/R assistance again and this time ask them why they cannot insist that Hunters at least have a look at our RRS eventually they agree if we leave the car they will take a look the next day and L/R Ass arrange a hire car, ask for Auto get Manual the rest gets even more confusing.

Next day we phone to be told a cable to the brakes has been rubbing on the tyres and worn through will require part from L/R next day part arrives takes 30 minutes to fit (I timed the guy) but takes until we arrive and sit in the showroom to get them to take the car in and do the job.

I have tried to keep this as short as possible but we are so so disappointed with Hunters and L/R assistance that we are now questioning why we bought British!!!!!!!!!

Since the day of the handover the could'nt care less attitude of the L/R dealers we have come across has been evident , we were thinking of ordering a V8 oil burner but are now thinking of returning to Merc later in the year.

I know dealers are busy but all we needed was someone to tell us if it was safe to drive our new car and if not help us contact L/R Assistance etc this would not have been to much to ask, we would then have driven the hire car for three days thinking someone cares about Land Rover customers, we now KNOW no one cares about Land Rover customers once they have your money.
Crying or Very sad Michael
2013 RRS diesel Autobiography Dynamic

Post #16868 Sun Mar 12 2006 9:17am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I had dealings with Hunters in Guildfod and I wouldn't buy a car from them if they were the last dealership left. I have mentioned this before but - I test drove a D3 last year, they had what I wanted in stock so I paid £1000 deposit only for them to get back to me 4 hours later saying that the car had been sold to another customer and so they were returning my deposit - If I had done the opposite I would have forfitted my deposit. I got no apology and their attitude was poor. Went to Guy Salmon in Thanmes Ditton instead and that's where I saw the RRS and ordered one there an then. Funny how things turn out for the best. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #16871 Sun Mar 12 2006 9:29am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Michael997 - this is extremely poor service. Don't accept what has happened without complaining to LR direct. You can email customer relations. Good luck & lay it on Evil or Very Mad 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #16939 Sun Mar 12 2006 5:02pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Go for it Micheal997. Land Rover are working hard to improve the image of it's dealer network, and need this type of issue highlighting so that corrective measures can be taken. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #16952 Sun Mar 12 2006 7:57pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You will recieve a customer satisfaction questionaire soon...... you must complete it and state exactly what your feelings are, as TB says LR are trying hard to improve the image of many of their dealers and they can only do it if they get the feed back from the customers 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #16953 Sun Mar 12 2006 8:11pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Quite right.

My wife's first Freelander was from Hunter's in Guildford and as VA says, they're no good at anything. Sales guys are v poor, parts don't know whether they are coming or going and service actually broke the Freelander for her on the first go.

Not two weeks ago got shi**y service from Hunters in Southampton too. The reception girl looked at me as if I had come in on the underside of someone's shoe, although I have to say the service chap that I dealt with was OK.

Bottom line, anywhere called Hunters I avoid like the plague. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #17011 Mon Mar 13 2006 10:50am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Quote:
Bottom line, anywhere called Hunters I avoid like the plague.

That includes green wellington boots! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #17012 Mon Mar 13 2006 10:51am
Michael997

United Kingdom 

Confused Thanks for all your coments, I have now sent my letter to Land Rover so will let you know if I get an answer.

I would add that as much as my wife and I love the RRS so far the post purchase experience has taken the shine off of the car and I am now considering what alternatives to the RRS there are, we tend to change our cars quite often and we are not sure we want to go through this again. Crying or Very sad Michael

Post #17154 Mon Mar 13 2006 6:46pm
Michael997

United Kingdom 

Sent my letter to Land Rover on the 12th March not heard a peep so far, did hope to at least to get an acknowledgement of my letter after two weeks!

Sums up UK customer service, once they have your money service stops. Crying or Very sad

Had intended to order a RRS V8 Oil Burner but I don't think they deserve my money so I will have to look elsewhere later this year, what a shame great car but rubbish service. Michael

Post #20632 Sun Mar 26 2006 1:46pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Michael - hang on in there the car is the best around, you'll not regret it promise! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #20641 Sun Mar 26 2006 4:41pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

I would have phoned LRCS first and get it noted on their screens, then you also have the persons name to send the letter to and that person as a contact when you get no reply.

Post #20663 Sun Mar 26 2006 6:40pm
Michael997

United Kingdom 
Got Reply At Last

Acknowledgement letter came at last on the 30th March, almost 3 weeks just to get an acknowledgement. Further letter came on 3rd April which just said sorry and they would tell those concerned what I had said.
All in all I feel it just reflects the L/R experience for me and if L/R are trying hard with customer service then They Must Try Harder, customer service is only expensive when it is of poor quality as is Land Rover Service, it is time they learnt it is easy to win new customers but harder to keep them if service is poor. Michael

Post #24516 Wed Apr 12 2006 3:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1