RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Events > 18th Sept Fun Sunday
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

BN

England 
18th Sept Fun Sunday

Gentlemen, I am running another Fun Sunday off road session at Rockingham on Sunday the 18th Sept. The last one for D3's was a huge success and many of the lads are going again.

The RRS is more than capable of covering the run in superb style and many of the D3 lads have asked if you would like to join us.

It is non damaging and it will display the awesome vehicle that you own at its best. Bring the family as it is a family day. The D3 owners were generally amased at what the car could do and with little effort and no damage. Take a look at the following link

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/index.php?cat=10030

If you have any doubts the course is fully marshalled and advice is on hand throughout the day from professionals. I may not be able to get the European Champion this time, but experts will be there.

PM me if you are interested. Prices will only be given over PM and not openly on the site.

Post #1557 Thu Aug 11 2005 9:08pm
BN

England 

No takers for the fun off road. What a shame, you guys will never know just how brilliant your vehicles are. Our D3's did not even get muddy last time because they were so good. Surely there must be one adventerous RRS owner Evil or Very Mad

Post #1644 Sun Aug 14 2005 8:22pm
NeilR

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Hi

I would love to do it but after spending an abseen amount on the 20" stormer wheels and tryes, i am not going to risk damaging them.

Thanks and please send pictures....enjoy .Neil 2010 RRS TDV8 Overfinch GTS

Post #1647 Sun Aug 14 2005 9:28pm
Biggles

England 

BN,
It will happen one day all the dates you guys come up with clash with most things.
Weekends are hard for me, and weekdays are even harder.
The offer is very much appreciated.

Regards. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1653 Sun Aug 14 2005 11:18pm
BN

England 

Really like to have you guys along sometime. Neil the new wheels, can't blame you. Look at the gallery on D3, think you will find some pictures amusing on the last fun day.

Post #1658 Mon Aug 15 2005 8:38am
BN

England 

NeilR, what a star, the RRS just ate up the course and hardly became dirty. The extremely steep hill was a doddle. Thank you very much for joining us and you have proven that the RRS is a fantastic 4x4. I have to stop joking about the bling bling, oh blow, no I wont.

What you covered today was at least above Level 2 on the LRE courses. Sadly 2 D3's got stuck, but in their defence, one took a wrong turn in the lake , not a good idea and the other wandered off without us knowing, not a good idea either. Still no harm done and a good day was had by all. The Range Rover that ended up on its roof was a very good example of how not to off road.

Come on guys, I am an instructor and the guys who I run the courses with me I think NeilR will endorse are the best.

Look forward to seeing some of you guys on another fun day.Look at the disco3.co.uk site and see the pictures which i think will be brilliant.

Post #2422 Sun Sep 18 2005 6:50pm
Biggles

England 

Sounds like you had good fun, i have no doubts about the off road ability of the sport after taking on the LRE level one course this week. It was a top day out and with friendly staff it made all the more special. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #2423 Sun Sep 18 2005 8:03pm
BN

England 

Oh boy, Biggles wait untill the pictures start flooding onto the Disco3 site. NeilR did a slendid job, what a star and such a nice guy. I think his friend took a number of pictures which no doubt will get posted on the RRS site.

He was slightly overshadowed at the start, we had a V8 RRS that did sound nice. It's a monster.

Post #2424 Sun Sep 18 2005 8:50pm
Biggles

England 

I hope NeilR post's some pics even with the 20 inch stormers it sounds like he did us all very proud as well as the sport.
In the words of the Land Rover Experience instructor that took us out "they are both evenly matched one has more ground clearance one has less weight" it would be hard to say which is best. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Last edited by Biggles on Mon Sep 19 2005 8:39am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #2437 Mon Sep 19 2005 8:37am
BN

England 

I hope NeilR does not mind me putting this one up, but the Ruffty Tuffty club (bottom right) decided to sit at the bottom and watch us fail the big hill. No one did. One guy due to lack of experience (sensible) did not climb the hill.

This is NeilR.

Second favourite, outside the cash machine Very Happy but the car is hardly dirty after the event.

Thanks for joining us Neil, brilliant.

Post #2438 Mon Sep 19 2005 8:39am
NeilR

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

It was my pleasure...Watch this space the pics are been uploaded to both Disco3 and RRSport sites.

Thanks again for a great day...and wow what a car even with the bling bling wheeels on. Laughing

Neil Very Happy

PS i am still smiling ever time i see the pics 2010 RRS TDV8 Overfinch GTS

Post #2444 Mon Sep 19 2005 10:35am
BN

England 

Now you guys know how we feel. My RR Vogue was also awesome, but I just cringed when I took it off road (know how you felt Neil), so I opted for the D3 and apart from the aweful software have not regretted a minute.

That is also the reason why I monitored the course myself yesterday so much. Missed out on a lot, but did a hell of a lot of walking (apart from the ducking in the 90 my mechanic gave me).

Come on guys, we have far more gentle areas than Neil went to, I think he was an absolute star, especially when a Range Rover turned on its roof behind us.

The silly lads, they were even proud. The other side of the car is a 40 foot drop also

Post #2449 Mon Sep 19 2005 11:14am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1