RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > MY10....gearbox warning on dash!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>

ViewWise

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

640Newton wrote:
Josh wrote:
These transmission type faults have always been there. Just think of your car as a PC on wheels.....so if your PC freezes or doesn't work you turn it off and back on again. Do the same with the car turn it off and reset the computor.

I will be very surprised that if you took it to a dealer for the diagnostic tool that anything showed up as being faulty. I only say that because I tried that once and was told No fault stored in the memory so nothing we can fix.

My MY08 TDV8 has been doing this intermittently since new and as suggested above, once you reset the ignition it seems to erase any record of the fault so whenever I mention it to LR they say there is nothing stored in the computer. Maybe the control software was developed by Microsoft??

i snapped this after hours at the motorshow. LRX dash Whistle Whistle

WINNER - 2008 Best All New Photograph
WINNER - 2009 Best All New Photograph

Post #242992 Tue Nov 17 2009 10:38am
640Newton

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
it's even fitted upside down!! Laughing Laughing 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #243053 Tue Nov 17 2009 9:38pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Well, first morning of my new 2009 RRSport and guess what ..got the gearbox warning light when turning on ignition, had to have several goes at turning on/off to get rid of it....so looks like a bug in the software somewhere I guess.. Confused Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE
Loire Blue/Ivory leather Privacy Glass

Gone - RRSPORT 2010 TDV6 HSE
Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #243086 Wed Nov 18 2009 9:57am
RAD

Scotland 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

I suppose it had to happen, I'm still getting erroneous 'gearbox fault' messages....which I will almost miss, when I don't get one, but now even better......a seat with a mind of its own. 'Shocked'

I've tried all the programming with the key in the ignition stuff, but every so often when I return to the car, the seat adjustment is all over the place.'

Kids have left home so they've not been in it, no visits to dodgy car parks to allow me to test the 'full recline' mode, so I guess its a 'seat memory fault', add it to the list for a trip a dealer.....well, a dealer that's got the ability to download software accurately. That cuts mine out! 'Crying or Very sad'

. .

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.

TDV8 HSE MY10 with pretty much everything including a vase of daffs on the back shelf, tropical fish collection in the centre console, hamsters in the spare tyre and finally sheep on the passenger seats.....for weight distribution, what else??

Post #243347 Sun Nov 22 2009 10:22am
Richchad

United Kingdom 

I took mine back to the dealer last week, they downloaded the fault log and told me it had shown a gear change fault, not that I had noticed any, said one of the parameters was wrong and changed it, whatever that means, not seen the error since but have only been out in it a couple of times.

They did say if it shows again to book it in and they will have to involve Landrover technical as they are still learning about it Shocked Thought they should be reporting this to Landrover anyway, especially as I pointed out that I knew of others with the same fault from this website. Smile

Saw my old RRSport on the forecourt for sale at 4k more than they gave me.. Sad

Noticed they had removed my Supercharged grille and vents, didn't look so nice with the dull grey grille but suppose they have to make it as standard as possible. Confused Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #243353 Sun Nov 22 2009 10:49am
SALMON FISHER

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Well took in my new RRS last week again for gear box fault to dealer ,they said they had fixed the problem.
Anyway it's back on again tonight,phone the dealer again and this time they said(AS FAR AS I AM AWARE),this is a common problem, landrover know about this but don't have the software to fix it.
So just keep driving your car you won't do any damage and i will phone you when we have software.
Don't know what to believe. Range rover vogue 3.6 tdv8 Gone
RRS 3.0 TDV6

Post #243634 Tue Nov 24 2009 9:40pm
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

Clearly Land Rover cannot test their cars thoroughly enough with all of the "teething" issues I am reading on new MY10's! : Confused

or worse, they do test them but do not fix and decide to launch regardless and let customers suffer..... Shocked

Very poor Land Rover! Evil or Very Mad

Hope this is all resolved soon!

Post #243637 Tue Nov 24 2009 10:06pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Hmm got the gearbox warning light again today, goes out after a couple of attempts to stop & restart, so clearly whatever they did with it last time hasn't cleared the problem. Sad

Anybody heard anything regarding a software update to clear this yet. Question

I am a bit reluctant to leave it with the dealer to play around with if they don't have a fix for it yet. Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE

Post #244109 Tue Dec 01 2009 3:06pm
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Further to my post above, reported it to my dealer and he has just confirmed to me that a software patch is due out from Landrover in the 2 weeks or so, and as someone else on here mention, it is perfectly alright to drive in the meantime.

So looks like it will be in probably after Christmas now for software update. Thumbs Up Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE

Post #244118 Tue Dec 01 2009 5:29pm
SilverspeedRRS

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Sumatra Black

Anyone had the flashing handbrake light aswell on start up that indicates a fault. When you switch the engine off then on again it clears. Think this must be software aswell.

Post #244439 Fri Dec 04 2009 2:58pm
RAD

Scotland 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Must admit, not seen that one yet........ .

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.

TDV8 HSE MY10 with pretty much everything including a vase of daffs on the back shelf, tropical fish collection in the centre console, hamsters in the spare tyre and finally sheep on the passenger seats.....for weight distribution, what else??

Post #244571 Sun Dec 06 2009 9:42am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

So glad I have a simple pre-2010MY RRS................................................. Whistle Whistle Whistle 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #244576 Sun Dec 06 2009 10:02am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
So glad I have a simple pre-2010MY RRS................................................. Whistle Whistle Whistle

Oh yea, with that old out of date looking interior... Whistle Laughing Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE

Post #244580 Sun Dec 06 2009 10:26am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Mr. Green 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #244581 Sun Dec 06 2009 11:47am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Had the warning twice Sad reset after a few on off cycles Very Happy only had car a week Laughing 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #244583 Sun Dec 06 2009 12:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 7 <1234567>