RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > 4X4 Day organised by Gordon Lamb Chesterfield
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ChrisP

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
4X4 Day organised by Gordon Lamb Chesterfield

Well I went on the 4X4 day today near Baslow in the Derbyshire Dales and had a great time,drove the new MY10 V6 SE Sport 1st and I was very impressed, it went like stink but I got held up behind a tractor and lorry on the return leg so requested another go.Next up was the FFRR V8 which was actually better to drive than I had expected but on balance I much prefer the new interior on the RRS.
Now this is the interesting bit,went back into the RRS after about an hour and did the same route and it felt dreadful,no where near as responsive on the throttle,does the gearbox learn and therefore had gone into sedate mode due to the driving style of the 3 testers in between my drives?
Unfortunately there weren't any techies on hand to either explain or reset the gearbox!
I think having driven both the RRS V6 and the FFRR V8 I need to try a Sport V8 to get the best of both worlds.
They are sending us some tickets for LR Off Road day so hopefully I will be able to try out a V8 there before making my mind up.
Had a lovely free gratis lunch before departure back to w**k.
Thanks to Gordon Lamb for a great morning out,well done.
p.s.
Just got home, snow forecast overnight here,hope so,wooo hoo fun in the morning Very Happy MY2011 HSE Santorini/Ivory/Piano Black/Privacy Glass/TV .Sadly gone.
Audi A5 Sportback Black Edition 3.0 tdi quattro S Line

Post #243880 Fri Nov 27 2009 6:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1