RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Trouble with GUY SALMON COV!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

TDV8 boy

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Trouble with GUY SALMON COV!!

NOT happy at all!! i found a TDV8 java black with alpaca leather at GS coventry so i went down for a test drive and a general look around. The day was overcast and tipping it down with rain so i didnt get chance to have a good look round it, cut a long story short i cracked a deal with the sales guy and brought it a few days later. i went down signed all the papers and was told that the car would be ready in a few days!

i then recieved a phone call from the saying it was all done and ready to go! we went down signed over everything took the keys then to my astonishment when i got to the car it had long scratches down the o/s + n/s rear panels and on the boot lid. i then looked a bit closer to find that all four wheels had been kerbed, VERY BADLY after calling the sales man out i then looked inside to find scratches on the leather, scratches on the window tints and black oily marks on the seats!!
he then called out his manager who looked at it and agreed it wasnt acceptable and after persuading me not to walk away from the car that all the problems would be dealt with, so i gave them another chance.

i recieved a phone call next day saying that the tints had been replaced the leather cleaned and the scratches done i then insisted that the wheels were to replaced and NOT refurbished as i wanted original land rover wheels this was done no problem.

i went and collected the vheicle again on a grim day, checked all the above items shook his hand and drove away and to my horror when i got back home i found the button on the stereo was broken, the side steps had rusted, the tints had scratches on in different places, the leather was scratched in different places, door handle trim coming off, scratches on rear lid, door panels and bonnet, n/s mirror plastic completely discoloured to grey, machine polish marks all over, rrs trim on door sills lifting, low coolant on dashboard, trim pulling away from dashboard!

in my frustrarion i called back and was told all these things werent an issue and that its completely normal considering the age of the car and that its 2nd hand! i then introduced the finance company who encouraged GS to do something about it after all i dropped it off waited over a week as the guy dealing with it was on holiday so without him i couldnt get a phone call to say the car was ready! then when i collected it i recieved verbal abuse from the body shop manager about how fussy im being!! i took my keys drove away and NEVER LOOKED BACK!!!

word of advice......AVOID

Post #236188 Thu Sep 10 2009 11:00am
islider

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black

Sorry to hear that, poor dealer prep is unnecessary and just sours what should be a good experience.

This is not normal condition for a Land Rover Approved Car (Used but LR Dealer Supplied).

All equipment should be working, interior panels fitted correctly, bodywork in good condition.

The non bodywork issues should be covered by the LR Approved Warranty, usually 12 months. So you can get these fixed by the Dealer. As yours is a 2007 you will also be covered by the LR 3yr warranty.

The bodywork issues need resolving with them but you may have to push for this.

I'd suggest, contacting the Dealer Principal, and if your not satisfied get onto GS Head Office and Land Rover. LR audit the Approved Used Programme through their Dealers, and should put pressure on the dealer to rectify.

Good Luck

Post #236190 Thu Sep 10 2009 11:16am
cdd5150

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I would never accept a car unless I'd inspected under the very telling lights of the workshop.
I'll be a fussy as I like if I'm spending £40k with someone.

Post #236211 Thu Sep 10 2009 12:49pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

GS Cov are our local dealer.

We have used a lot of dealers in the past, in and around the midlands, but have to date never put an order through via GS Cov, in fact we have pulled a handful of customers away from them and sourced cars from other dealers, despite the customers living in Solihull down the road from GSC. For reasons i won't mention, but have never been able to develop any kind of relationship with them in the past or now for that matter.

If anyone on here is looking to buy a LR in the future, wouldn't go wrong looking at Charles Hurst Park Royal, just follow all the positive feedback.. Very Happy Thumbs Up

Post #236213 Thu Sep 10 2009 1:05pm
Lookers Park Royal

kam100 wrote:
If anyone on here is looking to buy a LR in the future, wouldn't go wrong looking at Charles Hurst Park Royal, just follow all the positive feedback.. Very Happy Thumbs Up

Cheers Kam! Embarassed

James Thumbs Up

Post #236230 Thu Sep 10 2009 3:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mccalia1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. There appears to be a gap in expectation between customer and some main dealers regarding the preparation of a used Land Rover especially when you're looking to spend upwards of £35k. Gone: RRS : HSE : TDv6 : 57 : Java Black : Ebony : 20"

Post #236232 Thu Sep 10 2009 3:20pm
Kilovolt

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You want to see the snivelling crawly letter I got from Coventry MD dated only 2 months ago apologising for the absolutely rubbish way they treated me and the missus having bought two brand new cars last October.

Take the car in to be repaired after lots of bits did not work (over many many weeks), only to get it back on several occasions saying all is well only to get 3oo yards down the road to find nothing had been done. Drive straight back to be told it was a mix up in the workshop blah blah blah.

Muppets. Censored Censored Censored

They are a joke (allegedly)!! Whistle Smoke me a kipper: I'll be back for breakfast.

RRS HSE TDV6 gone after 15 months since new - will not be missed I'm afraid - bit of a gremlin in there somewhere - too many issues. Replaced with FFRR Vogue TDV8 - very nice - not as sporty (of course) but absolute luxury.

Post #236254 Thu Sep 10 2009 6:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mccalia1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

What action did you take to get a letter from them?

Any discounts or sweeteners to retain your custom? Gone: RRS : HSE : TDv6 : 57 : Java Black : Ebony : 20"

Post #236269 Thu Sep 10 2009 10:15pm
Kilovolt

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

mccalia1 wrote:
What action did you take to get a letter from them?

Any discounts or sweeteners to retain your custom?

We are at liberty to knock on his door, or ring him, any time we are not looked after correctly. So nothing really? Just pants Evil or Very Mad Smoke me a kipper: I'll be back for breakfast.

RRS HSE TDV6 gone after 15 months since new - will not be missed I'm afraid - bit of a gremlin in there somewhere - too many issues. Replaced with FFRR Vogue TDV8 - very nice - not as sporty (of course) but absolute luxury.

Post #236279 Fri Sep 11 2009 6:59am
islider

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black

Kilo,

that sounds very good of the DP, my view of them was that I can ring my DP any time I Censored feel like it, And I expect him to return my call.
The times he dragged his feet I just rang his boss at Head Office, my phone rang within 15 minutes.

How bloody condescending of him, some of them act like they're royalty, your a bloody shopkeeper and remember that. Evil or Very Mad

Disclaimer: No offence intended to competent shopkeepers.

Post #236296 Fri Sep 11 2009 9:15am
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

That's Jay out Wink L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #236366 Fri Sep 11 2009 5:13pm
Lookers Park Royal

Whistle No offence taken! Laughing

Post #236368 Fri Sep 11 2009 5:34pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Laughing Laughing 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #236370 Fri Sep 11 2009 5:46pm
Gazzer

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

You have the right to a 30 day exchange period if you are not entirely happy with the vehicle. New vehicle must be if equal or greater value. Must admit, these things should have been seen the first tome you saw it.

Hope you are now enjoying the Sport 2010MY Land Rover Freelander 2 HSE
Santorini Black with Ebony Napoli Leather

Post #237393 Sat Sep 19 2009 11:41am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1