RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > Not an RRS or D3 in sight but................
(2) 13 spaces left. 
(1) 99 spaces left. 
User Registered Confirmed
Tim in ScotlandSat Sep 12 2009 9:51am
4wheeldriverMon Nov 02 2009 11:50am
User Registered Confirmed
sadmadbadSat Sep 12 2009 7:50pm
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Not an RRS or D3 in sight but................

This is what offroading in Scotland can be like - there are loads of photos if you follow the thread right through, would love to give this place a drive. There appear to be no low trees (there are very few trees up in that part of Scotland anyway, and what there are are very widely spaced!) or narrow gaps that would restrict any of the newer Land Rovers also looks like there is the chance to play with all the TR settings as well AND it looks Freel2 Friendly!
(well maybe not the deep water wading bit Wink NP!) If anybody is interested in trying to get together a run to Loch Eriboll next summer then let me know and I will try to find out about access and rights of way etc as I suspect that is a private shooting estate up there

http://www.slroc.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2049.0

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/durn...index.html

Was going to also post this on D3.................................... but they don't have an offroading section! Rolling with laughter Sop it's in their events section

If you fancy trying to organise something for next summer the pole is purely an expression of interest, for those who have no idea of the layout of Scotland Loch Eriboll is about as far north as you can get and is not far from where JC did "that" Disco3 launch video on Ben Tongue. It would defo mean leaving the butler at home and bringing a tent judging by the title of that post on SLROC. The run would be open to ALL Land Rovers, not just RRS/D3 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #236431 Sat Sep 12 2009 9:24am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Not too many trees up there but due to the actions of Fountain Forestry and the Forestry Commission there are 1,000s of Ha more now, the upside of that is that there are miles and miles of new forestry tracks to be explored while the trees are not too tall.
Some pics we took while out in the flow country

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #236458 Sat Sep 12 2009 1:25pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

From you pics I assume that there is public access then? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #236466 Sat Sep 12 2009 2:26pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mccalia1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I like the thought of Off roading but I don't fancy taking my RRS on it. I'm a big girl really Laughing Gone: RRS : HSE : TDv6 : 57 : Java Black : Ebony : 20"

Post #236468 Sat Sep 12 2009 2:33pm
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

There was a tarmac road to Scotland's remotest station at Altnabreac but it was in the process of being covered with sand and rollered the time I was out there last, also Fountain Forestry has put up gates on the road. It had public access when I was first out there in the early 1970s, not sure in what the status is now. Fountain Forestry let out some of the lochans around there for fishing and some of them are more than 10 miles from the main road.
When I was last out there I did nearly 30 miles of track from Westerdale to Altnabreac to Sletle to near Forsinard back onto tarmac.
A vast area around there ( >5000Ha) was bought by the RSPB and they don't allow vehicles to venture on thier property. Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #236479 Sat Sep 12 2009 4:53pm
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Put me down

as interested on this

(not the other way it could be read)

Post #236497 Sat Sep 12 2009 8:34pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1