RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > CB Radio Fitting Options
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

riminired

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red
CB Radio Fitting Options

Has anyone fitted a CB Radio to a 2007 Rangie Sport? Would love to hear about how/location/ aerial mount point etc. Have just had 4X4 Intelligence in Melbourne finally fit my Spare Wheel carrier, and 110 litre fuel tank goes in text week. Operation 'Create outback tourer Rangie Sport' almost complete!!![/b] 2015 SDV8 HSE in Corris Grey with contrasting black panoramic roof and chunky Cooper Tyres.

Post #233303 Wed Aug 12 2009 10:46am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Yes, I think a few have done it but it's not without challenges.... search both here and on the D3 site for some guidance. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #233310 Wed Aug 12 2009 11:10am
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

Rimini - There is another topic on here about aerial mount point with a pic or two - try searching for it.

I know someone in Melbourne who just fitted the cb to the shelf (they did not have Sat Nav) and had the aerial mounted onto the Rhino Rack they used.

PS: I would be very keen to see pics of the spare wheel carrier fitted to your car! Any chance you can get some up?

Post #233323 Wed Aug 12 2009 2:13pm
PJPR01

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Cairns Blue

I've done this...depends on what model CB you want to mount.

I've got the Cobra WXS75, all in one hand unit...the box for the CB fits neatly behind the glove box and plugs into a fuse directly.

With a long cable and magnetic rubber mounted antenna on the roof, the cabling runs into the rear tailgate, down the channel, and then along the floor of the rear area, down to the footwell and up into the rear of the glovebox.

Will take some pics later this weekend...

10-4! PJPR
Cairns Blue HSE
180k Miles of Adventure

Post #233397 Thu Aug 13 2009 12:51am
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White
Re: CB Radio Fitting Options

riminired wrote:
'Create outback tourer Rangie Sport' almost complete!!![/b]

Sounds excellent, now mine is out of the official warranty i am seriously considering adding some goodies. Thumbs Up Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #233427 Thu Aug 13 2009 10:06am
riminired

Re: CB Radio Fitting Options

Zilch wrote:
riminired wrote:
'Create outback tourer Rangie Sport' almost complete!!![/b]

Sounds excellent, now mine is out of the official warranty i am seriously considering adding some goodies. Thumbs Up

Yep, a little bit of perseverence has gone a long way. I also have a 40 litre Engel with 'two-zone' extension on a side-ways fridge slide; full recovery kit under the rear seats, and battery monitor system. The only thing I cant get (so far) is a decent bull bar! 2015 SDV8 HSE in Corris Grey with contrasting black panoramic roof and chunky Cooper Tyres.

Post #233436 Thu Aug 13 2009 12:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
riminired

2nd Rower wrote:
Rimini - There is another topic on here about aerial mount point with a pic or two - try searching for it.

I know someone in Melbourne who just fitted the cb to the shelf (they did not have Sat Nav) and had the aerial mounted onto the Rhino Rack they used.

PS: I would be very keen to see pics of the spare wheel carrier fitted to your car! Any chance you can get some up?

I'll try to do some photos this weekend and put them up. I see you're a RR Club member me too! 2015 SDV8 HSE in Corris Grey with contrasting black panoramic roof and chunky Cooper Tyres.

Post #233437 Thu Aug 13 2009 12:23pm
2nd Rower

Oh, small world! Yours must be the 'other' Range Rover Sport with the private rego plate?

I think that makes three RRS in the club!

I joined just over 12 months ago!

Post #233438 Thu Aug 13 2009 12:35pm
riminired

Yep, TDV8, just like the engine. Looking forward to taking it on the club Simpson Desert trip in September! 2015 SDV8 HSE in Corris Grey with contrasting black panoramic roof and chunky Cooper Tyres.

Post #233440 Thu Aug 13 2009 12:44pm
2nd Rower

Great! wish I was going myself...

Post #233441 Thu Aug 13 2009 12:58pm
Jimmy Salsa

Australia 

I went through a nightmare getting my GME unit fitted. The first guy I took it to shook his head and sent me packing. Fortunately the boys at ALL 4x4 at Newcastle had no such problems. They even had a custom bracket machined up the same day so I could have the aerial mounted off the bonnet (front RHS).

The head unit is completely hidden under he dash and all you see in car is the hand speaker which houses all of the controls. Some good double sided tape for the bracket means when I want to remove it later, there will be no messy holes to spoil the dash.

Will post some pics here soon. 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #233662 Mon Aug 17 2009 2:29am
riminired

Fantastic! Thanks Jimmy. I look forward to the photos. That's exactly the type of installation I want to do. Cheers. 2015 SDV8 HSE in Corris Grey with contrasting black panoramic roof and chunky Cooper Tyres.

Post #233731 Mon Aug 17 2009 12:54pm
Jimmy Salsa

Australia 
PICS AS REQUESTED

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Note that the internal receiver mount is actually only held on with heavy duty dbl sided tape. The screws heads you can see in that image were cut off and glued in to make it look like it was properly mounted.

The head unit is mounted up under the dash out of sight. All the controls are in the hand-held receiver.

The only issue I have is that I am a bit hard of hearing and even at max volume I find it a little hard to hear as the speaker is in the head unit. Mind you, the max volume is not that loud so partly a problem with the unit, partly where it is installed. 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #233805 Tue Aug 18 2009 1:47am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1