RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > Pro Trax dissappointment (LRE)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue
Pro Trax dissappointment (LRE)

Phoned up the other day to book off road trip round Wiltshire with Pro Trax.
Told yes places left but must do it on line fill in form and send off, which I did and posted same day.

Today phone call, no places left!

OK

Can I go on next one mid August?

Don;t have website near to me so have no idea when next one is was Young girl from Pro Trax's reply

Have look when you get home and send form in again, I did explain coming over from Guernsey but no must do it on website.

Maybe it is new girl, but I was polite, maybe I would like to go again but out of all the operators I have used this is the first time you have to enter a lottery to see if your number comes up.

What to do?

Post #232286 Thu Jul 30 2009 2:55pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Obviously customer care is not their forte.......................... they have had their chance of your business, try elsewhere. I'm afraid that I have been trying very hard for the last 2 years to place ship's business with UK companies - the attitude of most is awful and makes me wonder why I bother to Back Britain. Either no reply to emails, or incorrect quotes when quotes are requested or worse still absolutely rip off prices for the same items that have been quoted for by main-land European suppliers. Earlier this year I asked three UK based ship chandlers to quote me for $35,000 worth of ship's stores - 2 never ever replied and the 3rd replied on the day that we arrived in Felixstowe and then got all shirty because they reckoned I have not given them enough time to get the quote together - only 14 WORKING days. I had sent the same quotes to a couple of German supplies and a couple of Dutch suppliers who responded within 48 hours, in the currency I had requested to be quoted in and offering alternatives where there was a choice. Dealing with medium - large UK based companies can be extremely frustrating and they rarely quote you for exactly what you have ask to be quoted for..................... no wonder we have so little industry left. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #232308 Thu Jul 30 2009 4:31pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
lespes

For the sake of fairness I have posted a reply to my e-mail:

I am sorry to receive your email, your entry form landed in the post this morning and the event fully booked yesterday, so at the time of your call then a space would have been available but sadly other bookings come in daily (as i write i have had another call re the same trip), a quick email or call to confirm could have reserved you a space?

I am sorry Bex was not more helpful but she is correct in saying that both the website and the magazine carries full calendars of all events, some of which are popular, some are not. On this event we are doing a green lane article with the editor of LRO coming along, so we have to have the max number of vehicles at 5. In fact when i opened your letter i called everyone who was booked to see if they were still coming before we called you, so i did try to help you

I am sorry you thought our service was not up to standard, something which as never been said of us before, i think we did all we could at the time and Bex as been told to try to help more with dates, she did not realise she was in the wrong and i am sure if you had explained your situation she would have been happy to have looked for you.

If you wish to discuss this further or need additional information please do not hesitate to contact me

Regards

Vince Cobley

Post #232318 Thu Jul 30 2009 5:25pm
lespes

Tim

Not sure they don't care, but did explain situation and had asked about other trip wk or so later, could not remeber dates off hand, out on building site at time, but the lady knew nothing about that one and refered me to the website, even though I had explained my situation.

I am not angry just dissappointed, more for my son who was really looking forward to it and thought if could transfer to next trip, could make arrangements my end and keep everyone happy, fairly simple I thought.

Only posted to see if others thought I was being unreasonable silly twit or

Post #232319 Thu Jul 30 2009 5:39pm
Pelyma

England 

Quite a few of us on the D3 site have used Pro Trax and found them very good; the easiest thing in the world would be to say one more won't matter, but they obviously do care about Greenlaning's image which speaks volume. You've also had an email from the head honcho so I'm not sure what more they could do. If I were you I would speak to Vince and see what other trip can be done. Porsche Cayenne S Diesel 66 Plate

Post #232322 Thu Jul 30 2009 6:53pm
lespes

Have spoken to Vince and he did agree that the lady could of been more helpful and he has spoken with her on the mater.

He agreed could transfer to the next weekend trip, which is all I wanted to do, and had been unable to do with the young lady on the phone.

Yes dissappointed not the first trip, which he agreed could of been reserved as is the case with all other trips I have booked with other companies and indeed should of been the case when I rang up.

Quite often things we plan can go wrong, but Pro Trax have admitted that and addressed the problem, which in my book is what good customer service is about.

My son is now looking forward to the trip again and will write a little report afte the trip has been completed.r

Post #232328 Thu Jul 30 2009 9:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1