RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > how often did you
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

djsaad1

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
how often did you

while waiting for your car how often did you call your dealer to check on status?

I ordered my car at the begining of august, and just wanted to get intouch with my dealer to ask him a few questions about accesories, but he hasn't returned any phone calls or emails.

This is only the second time I have tried contacting him since I ordered the car and I am yet to ask him about the status. I am wondering if he is annoyed with me.

Post #2088 Thu Sep 01 2005 8:53pm
BBlackRRS

This sort of thing was happening to me in California. It was total bullsh*t, so what I did was put the word out, particularly out of state (calling dealers, try autotrader dot com) A dealer out of state ended up getting the car I wanted, SC but not loaded w/ DVD this and that, so I bought it. If they aren't returning your calls, give your business to someone else.

Post #2091 Fri Sep 02 2005 5:28am
djsaad1

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

I was thinking about doing that. I actually found the exact car I want out of state. But I feel bad because I already used one of his build slots. And I am also scared that he might treat me even worst when I would come into service with my new car. We only have one dealer here, so its not like I could get the car serviced somewhere else.

Post #2096 Fri Sep 02 2005 3:33pm
BBlackRRS

DON'T feel bad because your salesman is treating you disrespectively. He is taking over $60k dollars of yours and should be kissing your @ss. YOU are the buyer, the customer is always right and if he isn't returning your phone calls, start calliing other dealers. Whatever you do, the Land Rover deposit is always fully refundable. I would say, if he guaranteed you a car by a certain date and doesn't get it on time, then you have even more right to go somewhere else. Buying a new car should be nothing but a fun/positive experience, especially for the amount of money you are spending. Find a salesman that will call you back and treat you good, you deserve it.

Post #2111 Fri Sep 02 2005 11:00pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I can't recall the number of times I went to look at cars in dealerships (not just LR) and was treated with disdain as if they don't beleive I can buy a car, perhaps cos for my age I look quite young.(30) Mercedes were the worst, my wife wanted a new shape SLK and offered to put down an order there and then, yet the salesman didn't seem bothered....total arsehole lost the business and we spent it with BMW instead.

If the dealer is treating you badly make it know to them they will lose the business and give them the chance to make ammends. I did this with my dealer on something that turned out not to be the salesman's fault, but the dealer principal called me personally to assure me things would happen and they did want my business and hoped their reputation with me was repaired. So far, they have been good and the salesman is always willing to chat when I ask for an update.

We'll see in 2 weeks time what they are like post sale I guess. They still won't give me a set of mats though! L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #2242 Mon Sep 12 2005 4:19pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

RRUK wrote:

They still won't give me a set of mats though!

I've known staff at my dealer for some time, parents bought many cars & I have bought in the past......... NO MATS FOR ME EITHER Crying or Very sad

Had to pay full price for absolutely everything! 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #2272 Tue Sep 13 2005 9:55am
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

RRUK wrote:
I can't recall the number of times I went to look at cars in dealerships (not just LR) and was treated with disdain as if they don't beleive I can buy a car, perhaps cos for my age I look quite young.(30) Mercedes were the worst, my wife wanted a new shape SLK and offered to put down an order there and then, yet the salesman didn't seem bothered....total arsehole lost the business and we spent it with BMW instead.

I found the same. The Land Rover dealer was the worse. I'm 36 and turned up in a van. They tried to ignore me when I was looking around the Disco 3 in the showroom. Eventually (on third visit) they took me seriously and I took it for a test drive. Then six months later went through the same process when the Sport came out - again they assume you cannot afford one just because you turn up in a van or look too young. What really got my back up, was the first time I called into the Land Rover dealer and said I was interested, the first question they asked (before even asking my name) was "what car do you drive?" My answer was a "Merc ML", so I suppose I passed the test!
I found the local Mercedes dealer to be similar, but not quite so bad - but then I turned up in the ML so it helped. The best treatment I received was from Lexus and Jeep - both excellent, willing to please and will do anything to get the interest in their cars. Lexus offered to deliver a car to us and let us keep it for a day. Jeep let us have the new Grand Cherokee for two long test drives without a salesman. All Land Rover would give us is a 15 minute test drive accompanied with the salesman. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #2274 Tue Sep 13 2005 10:29am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

mpwox11 wrote:
... they assume you cannot afford one just because you turn up in a van or look too young. ... but then I turned up in the ML so it helped. ... All Land Rover would give us is a 15 minute test drive accompanied with the salesman.

I didn't find this with my local Landrover dealer, it may have helped that I parked right by the showroom window in my M5, it did seem to open doors (and came into use at a Ferrari/Lamborghini dealer Very Happy ), but they let me have a brand new Range Rover for a weekend and were going to let me do the same with the D3. By the time they offered me a drive in the RR Sport I'd already ordered one from their nearest rival so I didn't feel it was 'cricket' to take them on.

I am only 30 and I look a lot younger, I wish I didn't that's for sure, but I don't even look like I am shaving yet! Confused

So, I was pretty chuffed that getting a test drive was so easy. The same can be said for when the new BMW M5 came out, I just waltzed in and 2 days after the official launch I was in one for a drive. Even people who had placed orders for them 2 years previous didn't get in it as quick as I did! Cool

Who knows, I must have a certain charm about me!! Laughing L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #2285 Tue Sep 13 2005 4:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1