RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Car drifts to left
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I'd be getting myself to another dealer, pronto... it sounds to me as though he's not taking this at all seriously. Name and shame the dealer - at least that way others can avoid these idiots like the plague! 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #22422 Tue Apr 04 2006 2:26pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Hand the car back = NOT SATISFIED ! 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #22474 Tue Apr 04 2006 5:07pm
PaulB

England 

A car either drifts or it doesn't. A car should track straight and true with both hands off the wheel, as mine and most other do.
This isn't subjective or dependent on the "sensitivity" of the driver. It's either right or wrong and in your car case, the car is definitely wrong.
I for one, don't believe a word of what the Technical Manager is telling you regarding LR response.

My business is based on Customer Service and this sort of crap makes my blood boil Evil or Very Mad
If I treated my customers in this way, I would very soon be out of business and these idiots shouldn't be allowed to continue simply because they have a product that people want to buy. We pay a Censored load of our hard earned cash for these cars and we have every right to demand the highest level of customer service and not be spoken down to by these muppets.

As an example, I took my car into my dealer for the Workshop Coordinator to diagnose a vibration in my steering (see thread elsewhere). We walked out to my car with aforementioned techie. He went to climb into the passenger side untiul I told him that it would seem logical for him to be in the driving seat if he was going to witness the problem for himself.
Seemed obvious to me Wink
To which he replied "I can't drive"
I couldn't believe it. I don't hold the fact that he can't drive against him, but how can he seriously be expected to diagnose a driving problem when he doesn't even know how to drive, let alone understand the finer points of chassis dynamics Rolling Eyes
Beggers belief Confused Confused

Paul

Post #22507 Tue Apr 04 2006 10:03pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Thud Thud Banging Head Nothing with dealers surprises me anymore!

My first company car when I was 19 was a Ford Mondeo.

Went to Ibiza with the lads and left it in the local dealer for a service.

When I picked it up, it had 230 mls extra on the clock and a huge fag burn on the seat. They tried to say it was there already until I kindly pointed out that I had asthma and don't smoke! Thud Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #22513 Tue Apr 04 2006 10:36pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

A few months back i was going out of the night in the SL when i got down the road to a set of light the brakes weren't working that well had to pres on them very hard

Next day got merc out and they took the car in to look it over when i picked it up 3 days later it had 35 miles extra on the clock. they told me that they had to testdrive it to make sure the brakes were ok now. A F*****g 35 mile test drive ducking bankers what the duck is that all about Evil or Very Mad RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #22517 Tue Apr 04 2006 10:47pm
Mudchucker

I am in total agreement with you all. The excuses and reasoning I have heard from the dealer are compeletly inconsistant and mostly made up but I can't see what else to do than to go through the whole process and badger then till something is done. It is frustrating as I am not a car idiot and know there is something wrong. I even phone another dealer this morning to book it in for the same fault only to be told by the service recptionist that these vehciles are 'camber conscious' It is amazing at how skilled these dealers are at diagnosing faults without having to drive or even see the vehicle! If this proves to be the case then I want to reject the car on the basis that neither my previous Grand Cherokee, X5 or Touareg were camber conscious so if this is a known probelm with LR products then this should have been pointed out at time of sale bacause to me it is not acceptable.

Do I go straight to LR complaints?

On the subject of dealer joy rides, one of our Directors took his E class in for servicing prior to a bank holiday weekend. When he was due to collect, they told him the brakes needed changing and they were waiting for parts but that is was unsafe to drive. When he picked it up the following Wednesday it had a staggering 700 miles extra on the clock. They denied it and all their paperwork rang true but he thinks it was doctored and what reason has he to lie? He does approx 50,000 miles a year so 700 is neither he nor ther it erms of car value it is the principle.

Anyway, the dealer will be getting is twice weekly call friday so I will update then

Post #22619 Wed Apr 05 2006 1:52pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

TB told us at the Gaydon trip last weekend about a problem with the balance weights........... have you checked that your car has any weights on the front wheels. It appears that the old sort that were hammered into the rims on spikes were falling off before the car got to the end of the production line. The supplier now fits balance weights on double sided sticky pads (which in my experience are even worse for falling off, especially if you offroad the car and then go to a jet wash!) 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #22622 Wed Apr 05 2006 1:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Unfortunately, it's my experience that in this country the whole customer experience is shot away to nothing. Whether you're buying a car, a washing machine, some new carpet for your house... anything that relies on some sort of supplier/customer interaction, you are unlikely to walk away thinking "Wow, what a great place to do business with". That's not to say there aren't companies out there that pride themselves on their customer service, but the chance of running into numpties is quite high. Rolling Eyes 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #22626 Wed Apr 05 2006 2:07pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

You know, in all this talk of chopping and changing between dealers to get satisfactory answers, I think we have all overlooked one thing...

Citizens Advice Bureau, and/or trading standards.

Some of you may scoff, but these are the people who can give you the correct advice/rights, or if you feel you are not either receiving goods of "Saleable quality" or being give the run around, can take action.

You can always threaten to take it further - Seek legal advice, write direct to MD of LR, press or TV

British Airways made a right hash of our flights to Dubai for Mrs S's 30th so I wrote directly to Rod Eddington and got a prompt response, flight vouchers, free upgrades etc.

A thought... Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #22627 Wed Apr 05 2006 2:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12