RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Good RRS TDV6 review
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

latent

Good RRS TDV6 review

I got hold of a copy of the Septembr edition Land Rover Magazine over the weekend. It has a great review of the diesel. In summary they say 'absolutely brilliant' Wink

Post #1663 Mon Aug 15 2005 10:19am
Roland

Switzerland 

That's what they are supposed to say!

I do subscribe to three different UK based LR magazines and in all the tests they did over the years they've never ever reported negatively about a Land Rover, unless it's a model which is going to be replaced by a new one. Then all of a sudden the old model gets a lot of bashing.

No surpise really, considering that without Land Rover they would also be out of business sooner or later.

Don't get me wrong. I have a RRS on order but for an independent opinion I would rather believe what other more independent car magazines have to say.

Post #1668 Mon Aug 15 2005 2:50pm
latent

pardon me for mentioning it!!!

Roland wrote:

I do subscribe to three different UK based LR magazines and in all the tests they did over the years they've never ever reported negatively about a Land Rover, unless it's a model which is going to be replaced by a new one. Then all of a sudden the old model gets a lot of bashing.

No surpise really, considering that without Land Rover they would also be out of business sooner or later.

Don't get me wrong. I have a RRS on order but for an independent opinion I would rather believe what other more independent car magazines have to say.

Post #1670 Mon Aug 15 2005 3:56pm
latent

...well.. here's another one...TOP GEAR magazine have just published their bumper Summer 2005 car review. They also give a the RRS a good report

latent wrote:
pardon me for mentioning it!!!

Roland wrote:

Post #1671 Mon Aug 15 2005 3:58pm
Roland

Switzerland 

I am still awaiting Top Gear's most recent issue and I am looking forward to reading their verdict.

I reckon it's the SC getting a good report and not the diesel or am I wrong? JC and his team are rather HP crazy and I can't see them liking the slowish diesel. When Jeremy tested the SC on telly he has pointed out to go for the supercharges and nothing else.

Post #1672 Mon Aug 15 2005 4:09pm
RRS1

Canada 

Latent - Can you maybe scan the Topgear review and post it on this forum for us to read? we don't get the Topgear megazine in North America.

I have seen Jeremy's TV review of the RRS SC but it was not as detailed as I would like it to be!

Thanks in advance.

Post #1674 Mon Aug 15 2005 6:36pm
latent

It's not in the regular monthly magazine..it's in a seperate summer publication. yes, they of course waffle on about the SC..but they do call the diesel engine superb.

Roland wrote:
I am still awaiting Top Gear's most recent issue and I am looking forward to reading their verdict.

I reckon it's the SC getting a good report and not the diesel or am I wrong? JC and his team are rather HP crazy and I can't see them liking the slowish diesel. When Jeremy tested the SC on telly he has pointed out to go for the supercharges and nothing else.

Post #1676 Mon Aug 15 2005 7:13pm
access

Malta 

Summary

"Land Rover has taken a bold step with the Sport, but I believe it's one which will enable the company to reach across the divide and capture customers from its greatest rivals.

Certainly it matches its obvious rival, the BMW X5, on smooth roads, while offering off-road ability the Beemer just can't come close to.

In fact, I will go on record as saying I prefer the Land Rover product to Porsche's storming Cayenne.

More change in your pocket, for starters... " Arrow

http://www.wheels24.co.za/Wheels24/NewMode...50,00.html

Post #2189 Thu Sep 08 2005 1:06pm
tasmod

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

==

Last edited by tasmod on Tue Jan 14 2014 1:31pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #2192 Thu Sep 08 2005 4:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Roland

Switzerland 

Rob,

Would be great if you could post the two articles !

Post #2194 Thu Sep 08 2005 5:09pm
tasmod

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

===

Last edited by tasmod on Tue Jan 14 2014 1:31pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #2198 Thu Sep 08 2005 7:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

access wrote:
In fact, I will go on record as saying I prefer the Land Rover product to Porsche's storming Cayenne.

More change in your pocket, for starters...

Interesting comment, Access. It's a close run thing isn't it? I won't make that decision for myself until my RRS arrives, but having taken both Cayennes and various LRs off-road before now (and been shown what they can really do, by people who know how to be impressive off-road) and the Cayenne's a VERY capable machine.

What bugs me to this day about the Cayenne is the fact it's pig ugly. A colleague of mine has recently bought a Cayenne S and he says he's becoming used to the way it looks - I guess I would too, if one was sitting on my driveway. But if the question arises - would I own one? Hmm..don't think so.

On the cost thing... a Cayenne V6 is around the same cost as an entry-level RRS, right? The Turbo's a different kettle of fish though... you could buy a Vogue, plus a nice little Punto for the wife with that sort of money Laughing

Cheers
Steve 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #2201 Thu Sep 08 2005 11:07pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

shmoogle wrote:
access wrote:

More change in your pocket, for starters...

On the cost thing... a Cayenne V6 is around the same cost as an entry-level RRS, right? The Turbo's a different kettle of fish though... you could buy a Vogue, plus a nice little Punto for the wife with that sort of money Laughing

Cheers
Steve

I think your over doing it with the PUNTO that's a bit much for your wife Shocked...... Wink 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #2204 Fri Sep 09 2005 8:39am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Laughing !! OK, well if she can't have the Punto, maybe a Kia Pride or something - and a couple of track days for me with the change! Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #2206 Fri Sep 09 2005 8:53am
MDP

United Kingdom 

Now your talking Very Happy 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #2207 Fri Sep 09 2005 9:40am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1