RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Damaged already
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 4 <1234

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Take it into the local LR dealer and get a quote............. make sure you are sitting down when yopu get the quote. The local delaer here quoted me £200 for the same job that Chipsaway quoted (and charged) £135 for.

Are you insured with Land Rover Insurance? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Fri Mar 24 2006 8:53pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #20483 Fri Mar 24 2006 8:52pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
byron

Greece 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

RRUK wrote:
You know, what galls me is that I could NOT be more careful, the car is garaged when I am at home all day, I don't tailgate lorries on the motorway which are the most likely vehicle to throw back stones and debris, I park away from everyone else in all car parks (yet someone will always home in on your car in the far corner and park as close as possible despite having a hundred other spaces to choose from Evil or Very Mad )

yet still, this can happen. I am SO glad I have the Venture Tape, as the paintwork has been saved from any damage. Looking at the dent, it's so isolated it does look like it has been hit by a stone rather than someone having had a go at it.The bonnet must be made of very soft metal though...

RRUK, it is exactly BECAUSE you take such good care of it that crap like this happens. I know it first hand.Mind you I smiled while reading your post cause it was a deja vu for me. My previous vehicle was taken so good care of that when sold it still had the factory smell, yet such things apperared all the time with no explanation and I was frustrated. At the end of the day though we all have to convince ourselves (myself primarly) that they re just objects and that they can always be fixed. Smile RRS S/C,Bonatti Grey,Ebony Interior,Lined Oak Finish, Rear Lock Dif, DVD,Sunroof,ACC

Post #20484 Fri Mar 24 2006 8:52pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

Been down to my local bodyshop (quite a big place that also does a lot of show car stuff) they will do the repair for £100 plus VAT which I thought was very good.
I think that Chipsaway would have cost more than that anyway as I also got a price for a slight scratch on my Van (solid red) which he said would cost £90 plus VAT.

Will put some pics in the gallery.

Post #20539 Sat Mar 25 2006 1:06pm
Cliff H

United Kingdom 

Job done today at marc (Melton Accident Repair Centre) Very pleased, would certainly recommend them!

Thought it would be in safe hands when I saw some of the cars that they had in this morning incl a nearly new Lamborgini.

He said that they have been doing quite a bit of colour coding on D3's and RRSport's.

After picture in my gallery.

Post #22037 Sat Apr 01 2006 2:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 4 <1234