RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > [Solved] US Phone Compatibility
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

PassOnLeft

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue
US Phone Compatibility

I take receipt of my Buckingham Blue Supercharged RRS in three days. I've ordered it with factory installed PTI.

The many posts on phone integration, while helpful, still have me (a non-techical person) a little confused. My questions are:

1) Should I only get a phone that is cradle compatible, and, if so, what US based phones have people had success with?

2) If there are any Sprint/Nextel subscribers out there, what phones have you had success with, via cradle and/or bluetooth?

Thanks in advance, excited to join the club!

Post #20559 Sat Mar 25 2006 4:35pm
grommet

United States 

Use search here or Disco 3 forums; plenty of threads/coverage. 1) Good chance you won't find any phone cradle compatible, at least new. 2) Most modern phones will work over Bluetooth, but nothing is guaranteed.

Your dealer can give you the "approved" list in the US, but it's pretty much the same as the overseas one:

http://www.landrover.com/assets/gb/en/Vehi...edures.pdf

Post #20580 Sat Mar 25 2006 7:07pm
USAGivGrn

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Giverney Green

Not all that many US phones are compatible with the cradle, but many are compatible with the bluetooth hands-free feature. I wouldn't choose a cradle phone, simply because I like to sit down in the car and have my telephone automatically connect to the car without taking it out of my pocket. The cradle is a burden I would not use if I had it.

The only problem I have with the hands-free voice activation is the damned thing trying to confirm everything by "say Yes or No." Apparently, I pronouce YES like No, so it cancels my commands. I decided to go to a diction coach, and now I say "e-YES" when I mean yes.

I have a verizon motorola E85.

Post #20611 Sat Mar 25 2006 11:22pm
DAVIS

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Giverney Green

I use a blackberry which is bluetooth enabled. I paid a premium for the cradle feature and as you are finding out there are very few phones that work. Said another way, it's close to being a "bait and switch" on the part of LR! As for the bluetooth, totally frustraiting I can't answer with the paddle feature the voice activation sucks big time and I can't terminate the call with the other paddle. Without ecception, everyone I know who has a vehicle, not a LR that is equiped with bluetooth could not be happier. That said, I am very impressed with my RRS to the extent I'm willing to overlook the phone thing

Post #20614 Sun Mar 26 2006 12:57am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I have a Motorola V3i but no PTi in the car and have seen this nice, but expensive, little piece of kit from Motorola that will work with virtually any Bluetooth enabled phone. The installation I saw was in a D3/LR3 and was very nicely integrated into the dash.

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/6104.htm 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #20619 Sun Mar 26 2006 8:14am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RAD

Scotland 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Davis, if you're having a problem with the RRS bluetooth, then its probably more about the car and that particular phone not talking to each other. I've used a Nokia 6230 and currently a Motorola V3i and both work well.

I've also got the Motorola kit fitted to another car and again it works well with both Motorola and Nokia phones.........

Post #20621 Sun Mar 26 2006 9:45am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

I have a company Siemens S55 Embarassed (Crap phone) but works brilliantly with the bluetooth.

There are no doubt better Siemens phones out there than S55 Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #20626 Sun Mar 26 2006 12:38pm
PassOnLeft

A new service from Land Rover North America

Just returned from taking delivery of my Buckingham Blue Supercharged. Wow, am I on cloud nine.

My salesperson gave me a memo from Land Rover North America dated September 20, 2005. The memo says that Land ROver ahas authorized a third party, Auto Wireless Solutions (AWS) to be a provider of compatible Bluetooth phones to customers. You just call them, tell them you are Land Rover owner, and they handle getting you a phone, on your provider of choice, that is compatible. The website given is www.wireless4LandRover.com and the phone number is 1-800-226-7746. Obviously, you pay for the phone, shipping of the phone, etc.

Many appologies if this information was already posted and available on the forum. But it perfectly addressed my concerns...

Post #21183 Tue Mar 28 2006 9:20pm
grommet

United States 

Yes, but a huge rip-off... I think most people are smart enough to look at the "supported" list and get a phone from a price competitive vendor.

Post #21199 Tue Mar 28 2006 10:22pm
PassOnLeft

Thanks for the helpful opinion...

FYI for anyone following this thread. Just bought a Samsung A900 phone, works fine via Bluetooth (Sprint)

Post #21575 Wed Mar 29 2006 10:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1