RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Europe > Autobahn
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Kuke

Switzerland 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey
Autobahn

Being from switzerland i always wanted to make a quick trip to the north to open taps on a piece of derestricted highway Wink
anybody know a good piece of tarmac near the swiss border which can be used for a speedrun? how do i recognise if there are no speedlimits, will the normal 'highway' sign do or is there something i have to look out for? RRS SC Bonatti Grey

Post #213241 Sun Feb 22 2009 9:34pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

A 81 is cool and it aint to far away from the suisse border - limits are shown with sign like this

when the limitation is over you get a sign like this  
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #213268 Mon Feb 23 2009 7:12am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Roland

Switzerland 

Angel, Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Laughing Laughing Laughing SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #213449 Tue Feb 24 2009 5:26am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

you don't got driving schools in your 3rd world cheese country ? Wink Laughing 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC

Post #213458 Tue Feb 24 2009 7:32am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
McBunny

Germany 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

@Kuke:
AAAHHRGGG, another cheese-eating-mountain-boy who thinks he can come over here and drive on the left track with 210 km/h thinking he is going fast! Evil or Very Mad
Drive on the right side you slow old Alpmen! Exclamation Evil or Very Mad

Mr. Green Laughing Laughing Laughing

Seriously, just drive up the A81 to Stuttgart (and further on to Heilbronn) that should be fine for fast driving. If you just want to floor it there are better Autobahns in eastern Germany but that's maybe a little too far for you.

If you plan to drive via Stuttgart let us know, we can do a little RRS-Meet, Angel is also here and he surely has some spare time, he never works... Rolling Eyes Mr. Green RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Last edited by McBunny on Wed Mar 04 2009 5:32pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #215089 Wed Mar 04 2009 4:49pm
Jonty

Location: Sat with my head in my hands wondering what the hell I'm doing

United Kingdom 

McBunny wrote:
Angel is also here and he surely has some spare time, he never works... Rolling Eyes Mr. Green

I though Angel spent his entire time devising hiz plan to tek ozer ze vold! Wink Current: I can't say...Oh the Shame!
Gone: 2003 Audi S4 - 340BHP of Fun Smile
Gone: 2005 RRS SE, Silver, Chrome Mirrors, Tinted with a stupid spare wheel!
Gone: Audi A4 2.5 TDi Quattro 180bhp
Gone: BMW 535i
Gone: 1985 Audi Quattro Sad Sad
Gone: Subaru Imprezza Turbo (rubbish)

Post #215099 Wed Mar 04 2009 5:16pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

ja but now i have zho kill you traitor Shocked Wink 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC

Post #215110 Wed Mar 04 2009 5:57pm
McBunny

@Angel:
Two new cars coming? How could you convince your wife that fast or doesn't she know yet? Wink

The choice sounds great to me, when do you expect them to be here? RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #215125 Wed Mar 04 2009 6:24pm
Kuke

Switzerland 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

@ angel: i was asking about signs because everywhere else the 'delimited' sign means 130kmh, and i wouldnt want to get caught doing almost 260 in a 130 zone...just in case.

anyways, took an audi s4 to stuttgard and back a few nights ago, great fun and very fuel-burning Razz next time i'll try the RRS. curious to see how that behaves at the limit

about going further east: the A81 didnt seem too bad, apart from one case of completely blocked highway part and bad re-routing, but the asphalt seemed in good shape, had no problems even at top speed RRS SC Bonatti Grey

Post #215167 Wed Mar 04 2009 10:55pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

and you didn't showed up here that's a fu******* Censored shame ! McB and myself live in Stuttgart..

@McB: new DBS coming on Friday - new Jaguar XK in 2 weeks

as for my wife: she is always open minded to new fast cars unlike some other wifes in the world Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC

Post #215184 Thu Mar 05 2009 7:27am
McBunny

DBS Bow down Bow down Bow down

Mrs McBunny also likes fast and beautiful cars but unfortunately she is too saving to allow me an Aston Martin. (She says we have only money for one and she also wants one so when we will be able to afford one she will drive it and I'll have to drive a 4x4 until the end of my life because we need at least one car with a boot.) Sad Well, and I am too poor - by far too poor. Big Cry

@Kuke:
Angel is right, next time pm us before you come here! Exclamation

And be careful about the signs: If there is a number within the sign (e.g. 80 or 100) it doesn't mean unlimited, then it means you may drive the speed that was allowed before that speed limit (often used when there is a 120 km/h limit, then for 10 miles 100 km/h, at the end you have a "100 end" sign which means you'll have to do 120 again...). But when you are from Switzerland German speeding tickets can't fear you. Wink RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #215241 Thu Mar 05 2009 9:56am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

yeah - full throttle with swiss plates !! Twisted Evil its cheaper here ! Wink 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC

Post #215247 Thu Mar 05 2009 10:09am
MX

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black

Head for Basel and then up towards Freiburg - a good section of A-bahn but need to be mindful of a few 130 sections along there.

One for you Angel - for some reason the local Polizei reacted badly to me doing 190kph with my old car and insisted on giving me a ticket. Is it normal practice for all german polizei to draw their guns as you get out of a car with blacked out windows? It certainly made me nervous but as soon as I started talking in German back to them they were all smiles......very strange or is it reserved for English drivers? RRS TDV6 SE Java Black +towpack +tintent +Permagrin

What a difference between this and my old Disco3
Formerly mxgeldar7

Post #215249 Thu Mar 05 2009 10:19am
McBunny

Well, there have been a few policemen shot in regular traffic controls some years ago. Since then we theoretically have American rules: When you are stoppped stay in the car, put the interior lights on, keep the hands in sight of the policemen. One of them will stay standing behind the car with his hand on the gun (but not the gun in his hand, that's forbidden unless there is serious reason for it!), if you step out and they are a bit nervous they may pull out their guns but they are not allowed to point on you unless you have any weapon.

But this is just theory I have never seen any policeman pointing a gun to me or anybody in my car and I have been stopped more than once and not acted like I should (usually I am stopped once a month, there are a lot of alcohol controls in S).

Usually German policemen are very, very calm and relaxed, not like in the US. But as I said, there have been a few police murderers some years ago, back then they were pretty nervous so maybe you had your experience just in those days.

Or maybe it wasn't a normal traffic police, sometimes when they search for dangerous guys there are plenty of policemen in black overalls and with machine guns (the SEK) standing around your car, that's quite scary because they DO point on you and this also happens sometimes here because we have the two prisons for the most dangerous German prisoners in our region. Shocked Confused
But it has become a lot better and a lot less since the RAF doesn't exist anymore. RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #215259 Thu Mar 05 2009 10:38am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

MX - my secretary just gave you all the info needed Cool Laughing Bow down Thumbs Up Thanks McB. Wink 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC

Post #215260 Thu Mar 05 2009 10:40am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>