RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Seat Covers for RRS '07 model
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Jimmy Salsa

Australia 
Seat Covers for RRS '07 model

Firstly, a big hello from a newbie to this forum. I'm also a new convert and have recently purchased a mint 2007 model RRS with 20,000kms on it.

I'm wanting to get into some semi serious off-roading with it and one of the first duties is some interior protection for the nice leather seats. With two grommets and a pooch jumping in and out on camping/off roading trips they are badly needed.

The problem has been finding some.

I have found a group in WA who make custom sheepskins to fit it but I'm not a big fan of those. They are also as as dear as poison coming in around $1600 for the set of front/back.I've also found a group who do neoprene (wetsuit material) covers but I'd imagine these to be hot and sweaty.

Has anyone come across anything good quality that is reasonably priced?

I'm discovering that there are a lot of suppliers out there who think that because it has a land rover badge on it they can charge ridiculous premiums for accessories.

thx in advance for any help you can provide 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #214569 Tue Mar 03 2009 6:32am
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

Welcome Jimmy,

I got my official Land Rover Seat Covers quite cheaply on fleabay and then had them sent out here. That is where I would suggest you look.

IIRC another Aussie member (BKHK) got his sent from CHPR in London - they are one of the forum sponsors and offer a discount to forum members

You need to ensure whichever seat covers you buy allow for the airbags located in the seats.

Post #214571 Tue Mar 03 2009 8:18am
BKHK

Australia 

Hi Jimmy

You need to either speak to your dealer (many of them don't know where to get these) or contact CHPR a site sponsor. The seat covers are only available in Sand or Aspen (grey was discontinued for some reason) so if you have ebony (charcoal) upholstery, they don't match. Having said that, I used sand colour and it looked OK. I only ever used the driver's seat one in case I had a wet bum when I launched my boat.

I don't have that boat anymore so I don't need them now. They are (with the exception of the driver's seat one) still in their packaging. They cost me about $600 shipped to Australia from the UK.

If you want them, I will let you have them for $100 cash, they are airbag complaint for the RRS.

Let me know. This is from the RRS accessory brochure.

Click image to enlarge

Post #214575 Tue Mar 03 2009 8:53am
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Jimmy welcome Thumbs Up , i am just down the other end of the F3 from you near Hornsby, so if i am wondering up your part of the world to sample some wares i will drop you a note. I sometimes head to Stockton for some Sand driving fun. Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #214576 Tue Mar 03 2009 9:00am
Jimmy Salsa

Australia 

BKHK wrote:
Hi Jimmy

I don't have that boat anymore so I don't need them now. They are (with the exception of the driver's seat one) still in their packaging. They cost me about $600 shipped to Australia from the UK.

If you want them, I will let you have them for $100 cash, they are airbag complaint for the RRS.

Hey BKHK, thx for the offer, Just a couple of questions:
a) is it a front set only? or a front and back (I would normally assume front only but when you mentioned 'they were still in their packaging' I become hopeful of them being a full set

b) what condition is the drivers side cover in?

Thx

Jimmy 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #214873 Wed Mar 04 2009 12:43am
Jimmy Salsa

Australia 

Zilch wrote:
Jimmy welcome Thumbs Up , i am just down the other end of the F3 from you near Hornsby, so if i am wondering up your part of the world to sample some wares i will drop you a note. I sometimes head to Stockton for some Sand driving fun.

Many thx for the offer Zilch. Am just starting to set up all the gear necessary to get 'Black Betty' off-road and am hoping to do a few drive days with the Land Rover club when they come up. Not much experience on sand and would appreciate tagging along with someone with some experience.

We took her up to the Pines at the Watagans on Sunday and came back down the goat track to Laguna/Wollombi which she handled with aplomb. No really a tough track but a good chance to test her out given we didn't have any recovery gear on board.

Drop me a line anytime you're heading this way. I normally have the family in tow with me when we go.
 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #214874 Wed Mar 04 2009 12:54am
BKHK

Australia 

Front and back Jimmy, left front and back in packaging. Driver's cover in good nick, no dirt or stains, never really used with a wet bum! Let me know if you want them.

Post #214882 Wed Mar 04 2009 5:32am
Jimmy Salsa

Australia 

I'll take them.

Drop me some contact details at my main email address:
happygilmore@littlegreenfrog.com.au 'Black Betty' Java Black RRS 07 TDV6

Post #214883 Wed Mar 04 2009 5:42am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1