RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > My Virgin Off-Road Experience at LRE Half Day
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

McBunny

Germany 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

That sounds like some fun and you even learned something there! Thumbs Up

I also did a LRE day some weeks ago (but it was a whole day, is it only an afternoon in Britain?), it really is great fun and quite impressive. I asked about five times if I can really drive through those holes with the RRS... Wink RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #210849 Wed Feb 11 2009 10:49am
R33

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

How do you put it in extended mode then?

Post #211191 Thu Feb 12 2009 12:20pm
Jonny Fresh

England 

Can't quite remember.........

He demonstrated by driving down some deep ruts in off-road mode, then "tricked the car" by lowering the suspension, the underside then "bellied out" as he called it and touched the central ridge on the track and as a result went into extended mode. He also said something about holding "UP" on the suspension button for 5 secs but I tried that and nothing,.....can't remember how to do it. Big Cry

Post #211193 Thu Feb 12 2009 12:32pm
R33

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Yes that's been my experience of extended mode too, I don't know a way of putting it manually into extended mode. Not that I actually have a need to do this, just curious! Very Happy

Post #211194 Thu Feb 12 2009 12:38pm
McBunny

Germany 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

You can't do it manually. If it is stuck, it will go to extended mode, but I think you can put it from extended to super-extended mode manually by pushing the "up"-button when it lifts itself into extended mode, but I haven't tried that yet, only heard it.

You can buy a suspension-package by MATZKER, a German tuner, the car will then be 2cm lower on the road and always in super extended mode when you put it in offroad. Which looks good and people say it drives great, but it's horribly expensive for some software-programming... Rolling Eyes RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #211230 Thu Feb 12 2009 1:51pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

LROI Magazine write-ups about Matzker D3 and RRS are in my gallery
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=413

and here

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=515 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #211235 Thu Feb 12 2009 2:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DiscoStu

England 

McBunny wrote:
You can't do it manually. If it is stuck, it will go to extended mode, but I think you can put it from extended to super-extended mode manually by pushing the "up"-button when it lifts itself into extended mode, but I haven't tried that yet, only heard it.

The car will go into extended mode when it senses it has 'bottomed out'. You can then raise it to super-extended by pressing the brake and holding the height lever up.

Don't try driving it for too long in super-extended as it can damage the car - as it will tell you by requesting to be lowered asap Wink A D3 not in drag....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEr9N6EGFNg...Sv8zqkav9F

Post #211336 Thu Feb 12 2009 9:23pm
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

Yes agreed - I have had it into super extended mode a couple of times offroad and it immediately asks you to reset once you have cleared the obstacle!

I think it is also speed limited. The 2nd time the car got into extended mode, I carried on driving after clearing the obstacle, and after speeding up slightly the car lowered itself back to off road height.. Not sure what the speed was I wasn't paying attention, but was certanly quite low compared to the limit between Off road and on road heights that also gets (annoyingly) enforced by te ecu!

Post #211359 Fri Feb 13 2009 3:29am
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

Also, given the the airbags and springs are fully extended there is no give in the suspension whilst in super extended mode, so you wouldn't want to be driving for too long in it anyhow!

Post #211362 Fri Feb 13 2009 3:49am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12