RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > Dual Battery & cargo barrier
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

640Newton

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
Dual Battery & cargo barrier

Just wondering whether anyone has gone down the route of installing a 2nd battery (for fridge & lighting duties etc) and if so how much you have paid to have it done?

Also, does anyone know if there is any type of cargo barrier available in Australia? I've called ARB, Milford etc and even made enquiries to a mob in the UK to try and get one shipped out but they refused. 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #190579 Fri Oct 03 2008 5:23am
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

I haven't done it yet, but this is a good thread to read RE dual battery.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic19587.html?highlight=optima

with this self fit kit using original LR parts recommended:

http://www.traxide.com.au/D3.html

I believe ARB will also fit a 2nd battery to your car for you. Not sure of the cost.

There is the official LR RRS cargo barrier as shown in the G4 accesories sections of the brochure, although another RRS owner I know claims he was told by a dealer that they don't bring it to Australia!:

http://lrparts.dealerfit.com/store/land-ro..._14597.php

There is also this dog guard from a firm in the UK:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TDG-1062-Travall-Dog....m20.l1116

Post #190581 Fri Oct 03 2008 6:06am
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Very dissappointed with the LR one. The one advertised looks much better on e-bay.

On td5 you could swing it up out of way if needed, remove very easy, and just drop the seats down to get long things in without having to remove the barrier. If wanting to put cycle in the back whole guard now has to come out.

Was going to taake it to local engineering firm to re model like one on e-bay, but now I know it exists will probably sell OE one and get knew one.

Links on dual batt great, looks like another little project soon.

Post #190696 Sat Oct 04 2008 1:12am
stephenw

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

The fitting of a second battery is very easy. Some images are in the following link.

http://rrsport.co.uk/forum/post101354.html#101354

Steve RRS TDV6 MY07 gone.
RRS TDV6 MY10 just arrived!

Post #192593 Tue Oct 21 2008 8:45am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
640Newton

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

I had the second battery installed last week by Cremorne Prestige (who have been servicing my Land Rover's for a number of years now). They fitted the Engel 2 pin socket so that I can get a decent connection with the fridge even over rough terrain. Obviously it's the normal deep cycle battery with auto charging and additional fusing to protect the rest of the car. 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #192620 Tue Oct 21 2008 11:39am
simon_arch1

Australia 

Autosafe in Melbourne will also do a cargo barrier for the Sport - if they haven't made one yet, they do a first fitting for only about $50.

cheers,

Simon LR Discovery 3, SE, Buckingham Blue

Post #210809 Wed Feb 11 2009 12:55am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
riminired

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red

Hi there, I had Piranha in Bayswater do a dual battery install for me. After a few teething problems I've now got a great unit, runs the Engel all the time. Uses an Optima Yellow Top, with a new HD outlet in the rear cargo area. 2015 SDV8 HSE in Corris Grey with contrasting black panoramic roof and chunky Cooper Tyres.

Post #211071 Thu Feb 12 2009 9:13am
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

riminired wrote:
Hi there,

Hi RR, welcome aboard, see you are joining the rest of us reprobates on the trip to Rutherglen, look forward to meeting you Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #211073 Thu Feb 12 2009 9:16am
riminired

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red

Thanks Zilch; should be good. Look forward to meeting all of you. Cheers. 2015 SDV8 HSE in Corris Grey with contrasting black panoramic roof and chunky Cooper Tyres.

Post #211079 Thu Feb 12 2009 9:50am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1