RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Love my new RRs, but. . . . (nit picking)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

tlw

United States 
Love my new RRs, but. . . . (nit picking)

Picked up my new HSE on Tuesday and drove it 350 miles home. Pretty awsome; however, I have a few nit picky issues: 1) does anybody else have a problem with glare on the driver side exterior mirror?; 2) I can't read the screens with my polorized, perscription sunglasses when my head is tilted at certain angles; and 3) my toll tag (used to avoid having to pay by hand each time I cross that 24 mile long bridge on the way to work) doesn't work with the "cold climate" filaments in the windshield. I too have experienced some of the other issues described here and elsewhere but I must admit that this car/truck really is nice. Not complaining, just putting a few items out there for comparision. Take care all. TLW '06 RRS HSE Chawton White/Alpaca Lux/PTI/Sirius
'04 Ford F250 Super Duty
'01 Jeep Wrangler
'05 John Deere 5320

Post #1799 Sat Aug 20 2005 4:06am
Quasimoto

United States 

Interesting -- I've got a "toll tag" on my HSE (heated) windscreen, and it appears to activate the toll receivers normally. No problems thus far. -QM

Post #1800 Sat Aug 20 2005 4:51am
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

Heated windscreens (and also many sun-reflective windscreens) will stop internal radar detectors and GPS sat nav antennas. Often the black area near the mirror at the top is a wire (or coating) free area which has to be used for mounting internall antennas. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #1802 Sat Aug 20 2005 8:54am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Biggles

England 

Being a wearer of glasses my biggest nit pick is the lack of sensible place to store my second pair of sunglasses, and you are quite correct that polarized lenses limit the amount of view for the radio display.
This happens with cell phone screens most radio head units pc monitors it is just the glasses doing thier job correctly and blocking the spectrum of light that they are designed to do. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1804 Sat Aug 20 2005 9:20am
John

United Kingdom 

I fitted a toll tag at the top of the windscreen on the black area to the left of the mirror and it works every time, perhaps the heating elements do not go to the top?

Post #1855 Mon Aug 22 2005 9:57pm
rhodyrover

United States 

I had the same problem with my toll pass. I put in up in the sunroof area temporarily when i passed through the tolls the last time (between the glass and slider).
I am in agreement. After going away last week, the vehicle was short on storage compartments. 2006 RRS HSE, Chawton White, Alpaca with Cherry Wood Trim (Luxury Interior Pkg)

Previously: 1998 Range Rover 4.0 SE

Post #1858 Tue Aug 23 2005 4:29am
mnederlof

United States 

Hmm. I use an EZ-Pass stuck to the windshield below the black area (but behind the right side of my rear view mirror when viewed from the driver's seat)...it's on a wired section of the glass, and it works perfectly.

Also, I use a Valentine 1 radar detector, and it "sees" fine also.

Maarten 2006 RRS SC
2006 RR HSE

Post #2057 Tue Aug 30 2005 7:00pm
scorpio

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Rimini Red
windscreen heated

have found that I could not open my garage doors due to the elements in the screen, have moved the controler to the side of the screen, and no problems at all.

Post #2104 Fri Sep 02 2005 9:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1