RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Sunday Times Good Car/Bad Car
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Fair point about both but I really do prefer the Sport. If money was no object I would still get top of the range Sport and add some extras - that French newsreader would be nice in the front seat! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #20711 Mon Mar 27 2006 10:21am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

VA - That's no way to refer to a lady of that standing. Be polite.

That F*****G FIT FRENCH PIECE Shocked Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #20712 Mon Mar 27 2006 10:22am
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

Could be that the Clarkson has had a hint from Landrover that they want to try and shift more big Rangies since the sports sales (&d3) globally are so strong. Wink I recall him calling the RRS 'Epic' though it was the absence of the 'point to point' seat of the split boot that annoyed him most.... bothered!

(didn't TopGear Mag vote the RRS 4x4 of the year too! Confused )

The hampster implied that the big Rangie driver would be looking down on the RRS... having had the car a week I'd say its more the over way round Twisted Evil !

Mind you the RR, RRS and D3 are one hell of a portfolio for the LR folk. P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Post #20713 Mon Mar 27 2006 10:22am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I have owned both.................... the Full Fat RR is a VERY nice machine (although the BMW diesel is hopeless in it and crude compared to the V6). It is big and "imperial" and wafts around - you really don't feel like you should be hurrying it along, you are there for the "experience" and comfort. The Sport is more pleasant to drive, but the suspension is just a tad firmer so you actually feel the imperfections in the road, whereas in the FFRR you only hear them as those big fat tyres stride over the potholes. Unless LR have done a heap of aerodynamic mods to the RR then the Sport is also quieter through the air with less wind noise - especially round the wipers and the A pillar. The Sport also has a better designed rear screen and wiper arrangement - on the RR the rear wiper could not be run continuously or even have the interval varied when you were on a motorway at speed and it was raining, and LR have at least listened to that universeal whinge and corrected it on the Sport. I would have another RR tomorrow, even a 2nd hand one but the driving experience of the Sport is much more to my liking. Having TR and Dynamic Responce in the Sport also puts it ahead of it's big brother but I'm sure LR will sort that out in the next edition! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #20741 Mon Mar 27 2006 11:04am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hang Over

Isle Of Man 

i think JC current beef with the RRs is that you need to be a footballer to own one.. He seems to think they are too bling.. "look at me" ..

I like the way that they tend to blend in, and dont think they are too bling at all! ..

JC is a bit of a co@k sometimes if he doesnt like the car.. the Nissan 350z still hasnt recovered from the verbal thrashing he gave it!

Post #20786 Mon Mar 27 2006 2:25pm
Roland

Switzerland 

Hang Over wrote:

I like the way that they tend to blend in, and dont think they are too bling at all! ..

Couldn't agree more. They do indeed blend in surprisingly well and are not bling at all and it's because the car's design is just perfect.

Nothing and I really mean NOTHING comes anywhere near as far as good looks are concerned, and good design can never be bling! This car is a real stunner, period ! and sales figures all over the world do prove it. SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #20852 Mon Mar 27 2006 5:47pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The other thing with the RR was that even after they had become a relatively common sight in the UK I still used to come back to mine in car parks and find somebody peering inside it to see the interior - and mine was "only" an SE. It always amazed me how many folks would ask if they could just sit inside it, that is how special an RR is in Joe Public's eyes. I have never ever had this experience with my Sport.
Just like it's forebears, the L322 RR will also become a "design Classic" and unlike X5's and Cayennes it will not date easily, which is also something that will make them desirable for years to come. You will have to be a real "train spotter" to tell the difference between an early 2002 model and a March 2006 model. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #20858 Mon Mar 27 2006 6:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
You will have to be a real "train spotter" to tell the difference between an early 2002 model and a March 2006 model.

Choo Choo! I much prefer the 'Holy' grille on RRS over the cheese grater of the FFRR. ( Embarassed ) Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #20928 Tue Mar 28 2006 9:10am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12