Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > brake pads replacement cost
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

redrover

Australia 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
brake pads replacement cost

Hi,
I have been quoted close to $1000 to replace all the brake pads (40,000km) on my TDV6. This includes a disk grind. Does this sound about right? Is it really necessary to re-grind the disks? (never did this on my old Alfas). Would be happy to do it myself if it wasn't under warranty.
thanks,
Anthony TDV6, MYO7 Java with Ivory leather, 19 inch wheels

Post #195961 Thu Nov 13 2008 12:04pm
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Cannot comment on the disk grind although i have heard it said at my old dealers that every other set it would need new disks Shocked

From memory a set of pads and sensors was around £120 ish of her majestys finest...

Did it myself in around 1-2 hours (be quicker if i ever did it again) Laughing

At a dealer I am sure you'd be up where you note.....

Post #195965 Thu Nov 13 2008 12:33pm
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White
Re: brake pads replacement cost

redrover wrote:
Hi,
I have been quoted close to $1000 to replace all the brake pads (40,000km) on my TDV6. This includes a disk grind. Does this sound about right? Is it really necessary to re-grind the disks? (never did this on my old Alfas). Would be happy to do it myself if it wasn't under warranty.
thanks,
Anthony

I was quoted 900 about 18 months ago with only 19K on the clock .. that was for Pads and Rotors which they have to change i believe. 2 months later when i booked it in, they did it for just over 600.. that was Alto at Artomon. Current pads have been on for 40K and were ok based upon the last service

Cheers

Jim Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #196089 Fri Nov 14 2008 1:11am
640Newton

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Not sure I want to ask this but does anyone know roughly what it's going to cost when it comes to replacing the Brembo brakes on the TDV8?

Cheers, 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #196096 Fri Nov 14 2008 3:41am
redrover

Re: brake pads replacement cost

Zilch wrote:
redrover wrote:
Hi,
thanks,
Anthony

I was quoted 900 about 18 months ago with only 19K on the clock .. that was for Pads and Rotors which they have to change i believe. 2 months later when i booked it in, they did it for just over 600.. that was Alto at Artomon. Current pads have been on for 40K and were ok based upon the last service

Cheers

Jim

Yeah, my quote was from Alto Artarmon as well but without a rotor change. Curious as how you got it for $600. Might have to ring around a bit. Does anyone know if you replace them yourselves wether you void the warranty? I would love to have some pads that don't create as much dust! TDV6, MYO7 Java with Ivory leather, 19 inch wheels

Post #196314 Sat Nov 15 2008 4:57am
Zilch

Well it had its 72K service, a pity it has only done 60K, and the verdict is:

Front Brake Pads, sensors and Discs renewed, Rear pads, sensors renewed, Discs machined - $1283 incl GST

So i asked how much for:

All round Brake Pads, sensors and Discs renewed - $1553 incl GST

For 270 dollars i think i would go for a complete renewal, as the rears would only last another set of Pads before having to be replaced, circa another 700 dollars in say 12-18 months.

Bargain Confused Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

Post #199753 Mon Dec 15 2008 8:44am
KiwiRRS

New Zealand 
In Neu Zulund

I have just been quoted NZ$1047.00 inc GST to replace four rotors and all pads including labour on my TDV6. The sensor would be another 80 on top if it is damaged - but as the light is not yet on it should be reusable.

Post #206367 Fri Jan 16 2009 8:59pm
Zilch

Re: In Neu Zulund

KiwiRRS wrote:
I have just been quoted NZ$1047.00 inc GST to replace four rotors and all pads including labour on my TDV6. The sensor would be another 80 on top if it is damaged - but as the light is not yet on it should be reusable.

Bargain i would say Thumbs Up that is a lot cheaper than OZ, final bill for the Pads, Rotors and Sensors was $1449 Australian, which is about $1750 NZD Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

Post #206393 Fri Jan 16 2009 11:33pm
redrover

I finally got all the pads done at 43000km with the light just coming on. I was originally told about $950 with a grind. When I dropped it off I was told the guy who does the grinding may not be back yet from holidays. I said I wasn't too worried if they weren't ground as I hadn't had problems in the past.
Unfortunately the bill still came to $940 with the service manager saying he was simply mistaken with the original quote.
Breakdown is as follows in $AUS (the parts themselves were relatively cheap)
total labour $572
total parts (including sensors) $285
plus GST of course.
I am not sure what the hourly rate for labour is but does that seem a bit over the top? They certanly wouldn't get a job in the pits at Bathurst Confused
I am pretty sure I could do the job myself in under 3 hours. Less if I had a hoist!
To top it off (because it was so ridiculously busy) I didn't get a car wash and there were black marks on the passenger seat and a new scratch on the bonnet. The service manager seems to be a nice guy though and cleaned the seat and I talked him into a free wash the following week. TDV6, MYO7 Java with Ivory leather, 19 inch wheels

Post #207053 Tue Jan 20 2009 12:49pm
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Couple of hours DIY even with the LR jack (painful). Scratch needs addressing Shocked

Post #207060 Tue Jan 20 2009 12:58pm
redrover

I think it may polish out but annoying just the same. Trouble is they are a 10 min walk from work which makes it hard to vote with my feet. They were pretty good on the last couple of services as well. TDV6, MYO7 Java with Ivory leather, 19 inch wheels

Post #207065 Tue Jan 20 2009 1:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1