RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > My first little offroading at the LRE centre in Wülfrath
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

McBunny

Germany 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey
My first little offroading at the LRE centre in Wülfrath

Hi all,

I have been trying a little offroading during the holidays doing the Land Rover Experience training stage 1. Those guys who do real offroading will perhaps say what I did there was not offroading, it was just playing in the garden (especially the Americans, I still can't forget the great rock crawling pics Thumbs Up ), but for me it was greeeeaaat fun! Very Happy

I can only recommend this to everybody. It might be a little more expensive than offroad-trainnings elsewhere but then there aber two big advantages:
1. These guys know Landrovers. I have seen offroad-instructors who didn't know what the Terrain Response worked like, clearly they can't teach you anything about your RRS, the guys at the LRE know exactly what the car can do and how she can do it! Cool
2. You do use their cars which is great because you can concentrate on driving and learning instead of beeing afraid of scratches all the time. (Just for completion: Neither me nor Ms. McBunny added any scratches to the cars. Wink ) And of course you do have a lot more fun if you needn't be afraid of damaging the car. Very Happy

The day begins with about 60 mins theory, followed by 5-6 hours driving which is absolutely great! Mr. Green
You drive the same parcours with all the cars (well, you don't do the whole track with the Freelander Wink ) and it is unbelievable what these cars, running on normal road tyres, can do and how comfortable the RRS (on 20 inch wheels in the gravel Shocked Smile ) is compared to the Defender. Wink Thumbs Up

I have added some pictures to my mySpace-site. You can visit them for the next few weeks here:
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?...Id=1010589

Unfortunately the water holes have been frozen and we were not allowed to drive through them. Confused But everything else worked and was great fun. Very Happy

I can really recommend this to anybody who has the chance of doing it. I already booked my stage 2 training! Thumbs Up

PS: The manicured hands on some of the pictures are not mine but Mrs. McBunny's Wink , she also did the training and had great fun. She will do the stage 2 training soon, too. Cool RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #204662 Fri Jan 09 2009 2:01pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Good pics McB! Thanks for uploading Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #204664 Fri Jan 09 2009 2:13pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 
Re: My first little offroading at the LRE centre in Wülfrath

McBunny wrote:

PS: The manicured hands on some of the pictures are not mine

sure... Laughing 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #204682 Fri Jan 09 2009 3:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Nice did you do your level 1 mate? RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #204733 Fri Jan 09 2009 7:02pm
Korenai

Switzerland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Cool! Cool

Post #204759 Fri Jan 09 2009 8:05pm
PJPR01

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Cairns Blue

Very nice pics! That looks like a very nicely set up course. Interesting that some signs are in English, others in German.

After stage 2 graduation - quickly book an airline ticket and join us in Colorado in the summer for a repeat of last year's rock crawling adventures on the Great Divide! PJPR
Cairns Blue HSE
180k Miles of Adventure

Post #204823 Sat Jan 10 2009 3:00am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Laughing those pics have been cool Cool 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #204834 Sat Jan 10 2009 8:04am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
McBunny

JayMann wrote:
Nice did you do your level 1 mate?

Yep which is unbelievable fun, we already booked our level 2. Cool

PJPR01 wrote:
After stage 2 graduation - quickly book an airline ticket and join us in Colorado in the summer for a repeat of last year's rock crawling adventures on the Great Divide!

Oh yes, I would love to do that! Thumbs Up Bow down
Unfortunately it's not easy, a little dangerous and a little expensive to bring my RRS to the US. Wink And I am guessing this but I think renting an RRS for rock crawling could be an expensive adventure. Wink
But still, if there will be any possibility to do so, I will do some rock crawling at your place, the pictures of that are just too good to not wanting to do this! Very Happy

(But first this year the Alps. Cool ) RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #205286 Tue Jan 13 2009 11:44am
flydive

Switzerland 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

McBunny wrote:
Unfortunately it's not easy, a little dangerous and a little expensive to bring my RRS to the US. Wink

Well, the Bering Strait should be frozen over by now, you could drive up now and drive back next winter...... Very Happy '08 RRS TDV8
I converted my diesel RRS to run on an environmentally friendly mixture of caribou fat and baby seals oil

Post #205337 Tue Jan 13 2009 4:13pm
McBunny

That's a great idea. Stuttgart - Bering street will be about 14,000 kms I guess (stupid Googlemaps can't calculate a route there Rolling Eyes ), start making some coffee, I'll be right there when you filled the first cup! Mr. Green Laughing

But seriously I read something about renting offroad vehicles (unfortunately no RRSs I fear Confused ) in the US for real offroading. And after seeing the pics of "Umbertob's rock crawling" I decided that I will do that someday. But first, I'll have to cross the Alps, the Pyrenees and do some offroading in Britain and south-east Europe (Greece, Kroatia, etc.). You see, it may take some time... Cool RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #205494 Wed Jan 14 2009 9:40am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1