RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Result of LR Assist visitation
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Result of LR Assist visitation

OK the techie has gone and has already downloaded the fault memory to the local dealer's computer over his laptop/mobile combo so they will be aware that I am coming in tomorrow morning with a fault!

Problem tunrs out to be a faulty Fuel pressure/temperature sensor and it is a wellknown cause of the Engine System Fault alarm. There is an upgraded sensor now fitted to cars when they go in for servicing without you knowing about it apparrently. It has been a common problem on TDv6's as LR have sited the sensor too close to the engine and it gets confused. He said that if I had not had the problem now, or before service date that I would not have known about it as dealers service departments fit the upgrade automatically.
Was told that if the dealer has the part in stock it's a 2 minute job to replace but did I want a rental car incase they don't have one in stock! Well the car is safe to drive and if Morrison's don't have one in stock I have the Defender to drive so said no thanks............. couldn't bee seen driving round in a Volvo estate like somefolks on this forum! Also techie told me a lovely story about the RRS S/C which I will post in the General Section 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #18973 Sun Mar 19 2006 1:03pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Why don't they just tell you that there was a problem with your car and as it was in anyway we've sorted it. But i guess LR don't want you knowing about anymore problems with the car Confused RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #18976 Sun Mar 19 2006 1:31pm
Tim in Scotland

Jay, mine was delivered on launch day when I took my RRTD6 in for a service, saw the car on the showroom floor under a blanket and watched them pull the sheets off............... asked for a trade in on the spot and had the car 8 days later after my cherished plate transfer had been delayed. It has only done 6000 miles since last June and isn't due for a service until June this year so it hasn't been near a service bay in 9 months, tht's why the upgrade hasn't been done before. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #18978 Sun Mar 19 2006 1:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JayMann

Sorry Tim what i was trying to say is that they should tell you about these things in general. That when a car has been in for any work and they do an upgrade they should tell you all the work that there is carried out on the car. It shouldn't been if you don't know about the problem then there is no need for you to know that there was a problem.

You see what i'm trying to say Very Happy RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #18980 Sun Mar 19 2006 2:17pm
Tim in Scotland

They probably do Jay but it's written in some sort of code on the piece of paper you get from the receptionist when you go in to collect the car........ there's always been a list of things I never asked to have done on the bottom of the work list on all the modern Land Rovers I have owned. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #18984 Sun Mar 19 2006 4:10pm
JayMann

Oh so they do i get that piece of paper from BMW Very Happy

Can you tell i may have had one to many last night and was having a Sunday morning moment RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

Post #18987 Sun Mar 19 2006 4:28pm
Tim in Scotland

Took the motor into the dealers this morning......... and depite the LR Assist guy giving them all the info they still want to run the car over their own diagnostic computer and as they are busy today and tomorrow it looks like the car won't be looked at until Wednesday............ and the servcie reception didn't know if they had a spare sensor "but we'll order one up if there are none in stock" thats another 24 hours. Just as well I have my Defender to go shopping in!

While I was talking to the sales team I noticed they had an Arctic Frost Sport (very basic model with cloth seats but tacked on S/c grille, satnav aerial, twin spoke alloys etc to make it look like an SE or HSE) it looked really nice with a bluish tint in the colour.................. inside in the showroom they also had an Arctic Frost D3........... which was distinctly green in hue and not blue! Same colour, different light sources very clever! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #19216 Mon Mar 20 2006 4:15pm
Tim in Scotland

Just had to call the dealer to find out when my motor will be ready to collect.....
and it is finished so somebody is coming to collect to me go back to garage to pick it up. Will be interesting to see what they have done to it in 4 days.... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #20336 Fri Mar 24 2006 12:51pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

A RESPRAY Wink 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #20337 Fri Mar 24 2006 12:57pm
Tim in Scotland

I know they are finishing off the things I wanted done before delivery..... but I don't recall asking for that MD Laughing Wonder if they could do the Overfinch Orange for me............... B&Q are just down the road and I'm sure they would find the correct shade there, a couple of rollers and a 4" brush and the lads in the paintshop could do it in their lunch hour!
http://www.overfinch.co.uk/?node_id=1.3.1&...uct_id=124

Almost as good as Tangier Orange on the G4's 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #20338 Fri Mar 24 2006 1:02pm
Tim in Scotland

Just got the car back and it has had a complete brain transplant...ie the latest software and what a difference. It drives more smoothly when cold but the most noticable difference is the fuel consumption.............. I took it to Sainsbury's where I normally fill up and brimmed it as usual. Reset the trip and ave cons functions and it hasn't gone below 30.4 all the way home when normally when I do this it hovers around 25.8 - 26.2 depending on whether I drive lead footed or on the cruise. I came back this afternoon on the cruise, the gearshift is also much sharper than it was, but that may be because they have disconnected the battery and the gearbox ECU has lost it's memory.

As it is peeing down with rain here I haven't opened the bonnet to see if I have a FBH fitted. Car has come back beautifully valeted INSIDE and out (it still ahd Tiree sand in the rear footwells from my November holiday when it went in!). Also they have fitted a new driver's side window (warranty) as the car was delivered with a tiny bullseye in the glass. I would have never noticed it without the lady who sweeps the showroom floor and dusts the display cars pointing it out to the salesman on delivery day.

Someone is about to collect their Black Supercharged RRS this afternoon as it was sitting in front of the showroom waiting for them. The sales director reckons they put out more black Sports than any other colour and at the moment they just cannot shift silver cars at all.................. has the silver bubble burst? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #20407 Fri Mar 24 2006 4:43pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I hope not - but hey I've now got a pink one!

see http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.p...highlight= 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #20408 Fri Mar 24 2006 4:45pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

save it for Mrs VA Wink 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #20428 Fri Mar 24 2006 5:06pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

She's not interested in that sort of thing.... Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #20431 Fri Mar 24 2006 5:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1