RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Ripped off and conned by car broker
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

latent

Ripped off and conned by car broker

I have mentioned in previous posts that I had been offered a good deal on RRS TDV6 HSE. It's a long story, but unfortunately it appears that I been the subject of rogue traders. I ordered the vehicle on a Private Contract Hire agreement. The company required the first three installments a deposit for order (this is not always the case by brokers, but it is nevertheless not uncommon). This equates to around £2000. I paid by credit card and have received full VAT receipts and credit card slip. A letter confirming the vehicle would be delivered week commencing 12th September was also provided. Over the past week I have attempted to contact the broker for an update. Despite numerous emails and telephone calls, I have received no response. Indeed for three days now, the main telephone number has been diverted to an answer machine.

It is looking highly likely that I will not be getting my RRS. In addition to finding another suitable supplier I have to make attempts to get my money back. Under UK consumer law, because I paid by credit card, the credit card company are partly responsible. I have therefore registered a dispute with them. I wonder how many other unsuspecting customers of this broker have been sucked in?

CAVEAT EMPTOR !!

Post #1947 Thu Aug 25 2005 3:38pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I guess paying full list price but via a Land Rover dealer can offer some greater peace of mind...

Bad luck, hope you get it sorted. Name them and shame them I say. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #1948 Thu Aug 25 2005 3:47pm
djsaad1

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

I was contacted by many brokers here in the U.S to find me a fully loaded supercharged rrs right away. At first I said fine and let them do their research but at the end I just didn't have enough guts to go through with it. I ended up just ordering one from my dealer and hopefully 4 monts from now I will get my car.

Post #1950 Thu Aug 25 2005 3:57pm
RRUK

I had similar experiences, I was approached by a guy who had just started up his own business after doing it as a hobby he said, and this came via a well know BMW forum. I was sceptical, he also said he could dispose of my M5 at the same time.

I am glad I just went to the dealerships, I simply rang round asking who had got what coming in and when, and if I could change the spec, my car was originally a Java black S/C but it's now to my spec and the total waiting time will have been 3 months, so I cannot really complain. L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #1952 Thu Aug 25 2005 4:41pm
djsaad1

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

rruk, have you ever had an suv before? I noticed you just said you had an m5. I am guessing you drive pretty fast or else you would of just gotten a normal 5 series. I have only owned cars that have always been somewhat fast that is just the type of driver i am, impatient. I started looking at SUV's with the idea of it maybe slowing me down. I am wondering if its going to work or if I am just going to end up trying to drive the same way in a slower car. RRUk, why did you chose the range rover?

Post #1954 Thu Aug 25 2005 5:47pm
RRUK

I have had all types of cars, but more recently I have enjoyed faster cars. That's why I have gone for the Supercharged version.

I used to have a Range Rover years ago, the original Classic shape, and I now need a 4wd because of my lifestyle as we do a lot of shooting. The RRS S/C seemed a good compromise of 4wd and performance.

I think the car you drive DOES have an effect on the way you drive. Only in the last 2 weeks while I have had a boring hire car, I have just been bobbing about with all the other 'normal' cars on the roads. The car makes you drive in a certain manner I think. The M5 was one of the faster cars out there so I drove it accordingly, and was rarely overtaken.

I think the RRS S/C will encourage me to drive slower as it's dynamics are vastly different to a big sports saloon, however it will have the ability to wipe the smiles off people's faces! But, there's no point having a car with a Supercharged V8 and then not using it...that would be CRIMINAL! L319 D4 HSE

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #1955 Thu Aug 25 2005 6:46pm
tasmod

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

===

Last edited by tasmod on Tue Jan 14 2014 1:34pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #1967 Fri Aug 26 2005 7:20am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Biggles

England 

Latent,
Very sorry to hear that you have been treated this way, these scumbags should be named and shamed.
Post all details about them hopefully it will help to stop people from being ripped off as well.
Good to hear you paid by credit card and should be covered by the card company gurantees. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1970 Fri Aug 26 2005 7:51am
latent

www.ukvehiclesolutions.co.uk

Post #1972 Fri Aug 26 2005 9:58am
rrsportsclub

United States 
switchcars.com

I got mine from switchcars.com with 2500 off msrp! contact me for details. or just contact the Akron Ohio Land Rover dealer for details.

Post #1990 Sat Aug 27 2005 8:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1