RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Vehicle specification choice - help please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Vehicle specification choice - help please

At very long last my dealer rang me today to say they can take my order, so I am finally commiting to a specification. My problem is that I have actually seen very few RRS in close up yet so am not entirely clear what the best options are. My specification so far (which I can still change for the next 48 hours) are:

TDv6 HSE
Artic Frost
Ebony Black leather
Cherry wood
tow pack
PTi
Adaptive xenons

I have decided against a sun roof (seems like a lot of money for something I usually buy then never use.

Would anyone suggest that I am missing something important or going for something that wont look the part ? Cheery wood is a bit of a worry perhaps ? Should I spec a different wheel, there is even an option to chose a "Goodyear Tyre - subject to availability" ?

Help - I want to get this right ......

Post #1923 Wed Aug 24 2005 10:11pm
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Glad to hear you've finally decided to commit to a RRS and I hope you've got over the shortcomings you mentioned awhile back.

I am sure you'll receive the best advice here. Good luck. Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #1924 Wed Aug 24 2005 10:55pm
SoCal

United States 

Beautiful choices for options. You will be delighted. My only comments are these (from the US, so not sure if directly applicable):

1. The Lux package here comes with cherry wood, upgraded leather and heated seats. If you are in a cold climate, you might like the heated seats. Also, the upgraded leather is noticeably nicer than the alpaca leather. The cherry wood veneer is nice.

2. If your radio reception is spotty, you might consider satellite radio.

Best regards.

Post #1925 Wed Aug 24 2005 11:09pm
Biggles

England 

I would use the money from the sunroof to upgrade to the Harman Kardon Logic 7 system.

Other than that good choices. With regards the tyres had no choice on mine it just came with the Goodyears. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1926 Wed Aug 24 2005 11:16pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

My opinion having seeen Arctic Frost in the flesh on a TDV6 HSE is that you should change colours, it's ok, but even the dealers have told me that it's unpopular so far and is 'one of those colours that no one will want in a few years time'.

In fact, the salesman dealing with my order said that apart from Maya Gold, it's the worst colour you could choose on that car.Food for thought.

Just my tuppence worth. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #1930 Thu Aug 25 2005 8:14am
gribnau

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

I believe Tim has an Artic Frost one - Tim - any comments on your color choice so far?

As for myself, we have switched minds between the Rimini Red, the Zambezi Silver and ultimately chose for the Buckingham Blue - the blue, IMHO is one of the nicest colors - its very deep, near black looking yet it has the depth of blue...

As for interior choice: i agree with the previous post, to choose for Premium leather - this makes the interior look a lot nicer. As for features, clearly the Nav system, heated seats and PTI are great choices. I have a sunroof but have never used it... I like the windows tinted so that is something you can choose to do afterwards... I also opted for the 20" wheels, this make the car looks more sturdy....

Good luck - - Robert

2006 Mercedes SL55 AMG - Black Opal
2005 Porsche Carrera 997 - Artic Silver
2006 Range Rover Sport V8 - Buckingham Blue

Post #1951 Thu Aug 25 2005 4:40pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Tim's is Giverny Green.

Here's a picture of an Arctic Frost one that has been colour coded for sale in the UK from a Bentley garage. I think it looks bad...

http://www.bentleyapproved.com/detail?temp...tarthit=10 L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #1953 Thu Aug 25 2005 4:52pm
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Thanks for everyones advice so far. I went to my dealer today and saw a freelander in Artic Frost (they dont have a single RRS in stock or on demo to look at !). Having seen what it looks like on the Frelander I am going off the idea of Artic Frost. The dealer says you cannot go wrong with black or silver - but neithr appeal to me. Bonatti Grey looks pretty good, but will it still do so when the shine fades ? Rimini Red also has its appeal, but maybe doesn't quite look like a £45k car in that colour ..... choices, choices ....choices.

Post #1961 Thu Aug 25 2005 11:00pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey
Colours

In a recent AutoExpress article, they discussed what options you should have on a car to secure a good resale value in years to come. Sat nav was one option that they considered would be a must in a few years time. As for colours, they said you can't go wrong with black or silver, but grey is the new black and would be 'the' colour to choose.

Luckily, I've already had my Bonatti grey RRS with sat nav on the drive when reading that article. Laughing Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #1962 Thu Aug 25 2005 11:33pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

RRUK wrote:
Tim's is Giverny Green.

Here's a picture of an Arctic Frost one that has been colour coded for sale in the UK from a Bentley garage. I think it looks bad...

http://www.bentleyapproved.com/detail?temp...tarthit=10

I see this car has had the door mirrors, lower door trims and lower bumper trims painted.
Seems an awful lot of money too. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #1963 Thu Aug 25 2005 11:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Biggles

England 

Saw a Bonnati grey sport in my home town last week, did look very nice and as they say grey is the new black. Laughing Laughing Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1971 Fri Aug 26 2005 8:38am
l

Spain 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue
Buckingham Blue

Try Buckingham Blue it's a very nice Dark Blue and at night looks Black RRS TDV6 HSE BUCKINGHAM BLUE BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR RHODIUM TASMOD SILLS PARROT 3000 EVOLUTION WHITE SIDE REPEATERS RRPORT.CO.UK BROLLY & STICKER
HOW GOOD IS THIS CAR!!!!
8 YEARS AND STILL GETTING LOOKS

Post #1973 Fri Aug 26 2005 11:18am
scorpio

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Rimini Red
choices

sparticus, if you intend to keep the car for a long time , you will probaly be better of having all the extras that you can as they will push the resale value up on a high mileage car.
Or If like myself you only intend to keep it a short while, then on most of the extras you will more than likely drop a lot on all of them

Post #1978 Fri Aug 26 2005 7:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1