RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Cabin Noise in Supercharged
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RRS1

Canada 
Cabin Noise in Supercharged

A couple of days back I was driving my RRS SC on a nice straight strip of highway at 100mph on a windy day and heard something inside the far right passenger side air duct POPED. After that significant road noise started to come into the cabin from the front right side of the car.

My first thought was that it is something to do with the climate control system. So I turned of the entire system but the noise is still there. Then I closed the right air vent but that didn't help either. I tried to open and close all windows/sunroof with no avail.

The interesting thing is that when I am driving the car (left hand drive) it is quiet on my side of the seat but I can hear the road noise/extra air coming in from the bottom right hand side pillar next to the air vent. I thought these cars were made to travel at high speeds…

Any suggestions on what could have caused this issue? Maybe there is some insulation behind the dashboard that has moved out of place. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Post #1944 Thu Aug 25 2005 1:51pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Without having the car yet I can't comment but if it were me I'd crawl underneath and check all the underside plastic mouldings and around the wheelarches to see if anything has come adrift and is now causing drag in the air, and therefore a loud noise.

Check all the doors seals are seated properly and if you don't find anything, take it back where it came from..the dealer! L405 4.4SDV8 VSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #1949 Thu Aug 25 2005 3:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1