RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Bluetooth phone connection
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

MDP

United Kingdom 

Great stuff Neil, please keep us posted of your efforts/success? 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #957 Wed Jul 13 2005 11:45am
Toodeep

United Kingdom 
Nokia 6230

BAD NEWS

Full integration (ie phonebook access, SMS text) depends on the phone being fitted to a cradle which connects to the underside of the central armrest lid. Therefore it is no longer a Bluetooth connection but a direct one. This is explained in the separate phone system handbook but it wouldn't surprise me if you all didn't get one. I had to find out by reading a Disco 3 manual. Surprised your dealers didn't know though! The cradle costs about £85 incl tax in the UK.

WORSE NEWS

The above does not apply to the Nokia 6230i which wont work fully despite the cradle, only the older 6230. Whether this will change with a software upgrade either to the phone or the car is hard to say. Range Rover Sport TdV6HSE in Bonatti Grey + 20" Stormer wheels (ex X5 and ML driver)

Post #961 Wed Jul 13 2005 10:46pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

My wife has just received her new Nokia 6230i ( upgrade from 6230 ) and after few problems copying over all info/contacts/outlook etc I await only to try it in dealers demo RRS supercharged ASAP.

Anne has only just received this phone dispite it being avail for sometime because she is with O2 who refused to release it themselves ( O2 direct ) untill they were happy with it. We had repeatedly been told by them that it was put back .... put back.....put back....for technical reasons? Having looked on various mobile phone forums it appears there has been much sadness concerning the 6230i esp. early models & phones4u had gone to lengths of not selling anymore & recalling them all?

For your information Annes software/firmware version of the phone is v03.40 dated 23-05-05 You can check this by entering *#0000# into your phone , by the way they are zero's.

It would appear there are many people out there with much earlier versions? Here are 2 such links:-

http://www.mobymemory.com/Content/Nokia.62....2521.html

http://www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?code=CK-7W&thread=125

note they are consistently running on v3.3

Hope this may shed some light on the matter Confused 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #964 Thu Jul 14 2005 12:28am
grommet

United States 
Re: Nokia 6230

Toodeep wrote:
BAD NEWS

Full integration (ie phonebook access, SMS text) depends on the phone being fitted to a cradle
Didn't I post that earlier in this thread when someone asked what they could do over Bluetooth? Smile FYI: SMS is NOT supported on Range Rover Sport or LR3, only Range Rover.

Post #967 Thu Jul 14 2005 11:19am
bgreig

United States 
Bluetooth sometimes

I am using my Blackberry phone, and sometimes the system works like a charm, and at others I find the RRS causing the phone to dial but not picking up the sound from the call, so that I have to revert to the phone to talk. Has anyone had a similar problem?

If Bluetooth is a standard, shouldn't we assume any Bluetooth phone should work? Thanks,
BGreig

Post #1623 Sat Aug 13 2005 12:17pm
tasmod

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

==

Last edited by tasmod on Tue Jan 14 2014 2:38pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #1751 Thu Aug 18 2005 11:40am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Geordiehillbilly

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey
Nokia phones

I have the factory fitted bluetooth coupled with a cradle for the Nokia 6230i. The phone book etc cannot be operated through bluetooth, however a 6230 and other Nokia phones worked well in the cradle. All functions were available via the dash. I just don't want to change my phone Crying or Very sad

I was told by LR that the phone software needed a flash upgrade which you can get free via a nokia service centre. This did not work. A tech from nokia advised that the phone software is being updated quicker than the cars, so expect an upgrade to the RRS soon.

Post #1842 Mon Aug 22 2005 12:52pm
tasmod

===

Last edited by tasmod on Tue Jan 14 2014 2:38pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #1849 Mon Aug 22 2005 5:14pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

tasmod wrote:
The problem is the phonebook differences.

In a 6230 the phonebook will only accept one number per name.

In a 6230i there are Name sub menu phone numbers. i.e. Home, Mobile etc. this is the problem with the RR software. In order to display on centre console there needs to be a software update that allows sub menus via console button press.

No mean programming feat I would imagine. Especially as the RR also has it's own voice recognition menu stored within it for designated names.

I use a version 7.1 6230 and it works 100% and very effectively too.

Tasmod, I have 2 Nokia 6230's, one for work and one for personal use, they are definitiely NOT 6230i's and both of them are capable of storing multiple numbers per contact.(i.e Mobile, Home, Office,Fax) As I see it, the RRS dialler will dial the default number against a contact, so it depends on how you set up your phone. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #1851 Mon Aug 22 2005 5:43pm
Biggles

England 

tasmod wrote:
The problem is the phonebook differences.

In a 6230 the phonebook will only accept one number per name.

In a 6230i there are Name sub menu phone numbers. i.e. Home, Mobile etc. this is the problem with the RR software. In order to display on centre console there needs to be a software update that allows sub menus via console button press.

No mean programming feat I would imagine. Especially as the RR also has it's own voice recognition menu stored within it for designated names.

I use a version 7.1 6230 and it works 100% and very effectively too.

Tasmod,

My own 6230 is capable of storing more than one number per name ie, work, home, mobile, so I dont think the problem is where you think it is.
But the Sport dash display will only read the default number stored on the 6230. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1852 Mon Aug 22 2005 5:55pm
tasmod

==

Last edited by tasmod on Tue Jan 14 2014 2:39pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #1853 Mon Aug 22 2005 6:07pm
Black Beast

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

OK, first of all I was at my dealer today and 2 weeks to go till my Supercharged delivery! Laughing

Second, as far as my dealer is concerned...."We still havent figured out which phone will dock properly in the cradle or work; we should figure it out within the next 6 months." What does this mean? Evil or Very Mad

Now Im really confused. 2006 Java Black Supercharged RR Sport / Overfinch tips

Post #1929 Thu Aug 25 2005 2:06am
Biggles

England 

Black Beast wrote:

Second, as far as my dealer is concerned...."We still havent figured out which phone will dock properly in the cradle or work; we should figure it out within the next 6 months." What does this mean? Evil or Very Mad

Now Im really confused.

Your dealer should no more then anybody what is compatible.
Land Rover have a list you can download from thier website of available phone and cradle match ups.
I wont add the list here because it may very well differ from the UK list as over in the states you have different cell phones than the UK. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1937 Thu Aug 25 2005 10:30am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Isn't it odd how in the UK we call them Mobiles and most other places around the world they are quite rightly called Cell Phones (relating to the networks cells they operate in)

If I say Cell phone to anyone here they look at me like I am a loon. L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #1939 Thu Aug 25 2005 11:18am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12