Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Tips & Tricks > iPhone and iPod Cradle
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

shimmy

England 
Re: iPhone and iPod Cradle

Charles Hurst Park Royal wrote:
If you are refering to the LR i-pod connectivity module, you need to be aware that they have just changed the part number and the kit now comes with a lead that terminates in the upper glove-box. If you can get the old part number then you will benefit from the cradle which is mounted to the right of the steering wheel. I would advise the supplying dealer fitting it before you take delivery so that you get the three-year warranty as opposed to one-year if purchased afterwards (assuming you are buying a new vehicle).
James Thumbs Up

cheers James

i have tried to point out to the LR dealer what i want and dont want re the ipod cradle and will see if they get it right?

ive just got to order the 'tracker' or do my own depending on the feedback i get from RACtrackstar etc

I am picking up the car Tuesday but dropping it round to AIM to see Nick to get the front quarter clear filmed along withe the 4 cills and tailgate cills.

Cant believe i am getting this excited about a new tractor! Thumbs Up M3 CSL Silver Grey
RRS TDV8 HSE SG/IV

Post #186887 Thu Sep 04 2008 9:19pm
shimmy

England 

LR just rang to say iPod connector fitted but no cradle even after 3 warnings not to get the wrong bit.

But they have turned it round and have engineer there Tuesday to install a cradle as well. M3 CSL Silver Grey
RRS TDV8 HSE SG/IV

Post #187273 Mon Sep 08 2008 8:21pm
Killerbob

Switzerland 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I just ordered my RRS TDV8 a few weeks ago, and is still going back and forth regarding the iPod connectivity kit. Of course they say they can only deliver the new one, with the connections in the glove compartment, or the centre console, and of course I want it with the cradle, next to the steering wheel.

So, I put my foot down, and now he says he can get the original kit, but it only works for iPod generations 1 and 2. I have the iPod Photo, which is generation 4 I think.

Can anyone confirm if the iPod Photo works in the original LR cradle?

Thanks in advance,

KB RRS TDV8, black with ivory.

Post #192372 Sat Oct 18 2008 1:52am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Now that we cannot have the phone cradle under the centre cubby box lid wouldn't it be a good idea if LR's boffins could engineer an iPod/iPhone cradle to fit there? Something similar to the iPhone holder they have created for the LRX and could charge the iPhone/pod as you drive. If they could do it for a Nokia mobile it should be quite possible for an iPod/iPhone! It would also look better than the dashboard mount and be accessible by the driver unlike the latest version in the glove box. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #192379 Sat Oct 18 2008 9:01am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Josh

United Kingdom 

Don't suppose the Belkin ipod connection that I use through the aux socket would work with the iPhone Question Cos I leave my ipod in the tray on top of the fridge having set the pod to play randomly.

That Belkin connector has served my ipod very well for £30 ish and no problems for the last 21/2 years. Good value and as long as you get the black version direct from Apple you hardly notice it in the car. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #192399 Sat Oct 18 2008 4:39pm
Killerbob

OK, I got my RRS this week, with the LR004805 cradle and all. It works beautifully with the iPod Classic 160GB I have, but of course I would also like to use it with my iPhone 3G.

I can connect the iPhone in the cradle, and it then switches to iPod mode, and plays the music, and I can then control it via the remote controls. Also, it looks like it charges, which is great as I am also using it for speed camera warnings (the iPhone app is Cams Ahoy:)

But, how do you remove the top clasp? I don't want to break it off, so if there is a gentle way to do, and be able to attach it later, I sure would like to know how?

Post #201116 Sat Dec 20 2008 7:07pm
FAT_RRS

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black

Hey,

You brought this post back from the dead, this post is about the 2G iphone fitting into the cradle, not the 3G. I wouldn't do it if I were you. The 2G and 3G's are different sizes, and the charging pins are different. Even if you were to get your 3G in there, I don't think it will charge.

Please verify before doing anything stupid!

Cheers!

Post #201373 Mon Dec 22 2008 7:31pm
Killerbob

Hi,

It actually works just fine. Just like the iPod Classic, the iPhone 3G charges of the USB power connectors. It works, and as long as you ignore the initial message that the accessory isn't made for the iPhone, all functionality is there. It switches to iPod functionality when inserted into the cradle, the phone still works over the BT, and you can control the iPod via the steering controls.

Post #201399 Mon Dec 22 2008 9:31pm
shimmy

England 

Killerbob wrote:

But, how do you remove the top clasp? I don't want to break it off, so if there is a gentle way to do, and be able to attach it later, I sure would like to know how?

KB

got mine new with my RRS in september but i managed to just bend the top clasp upwards (you cannot tell by looking at it) and now it fits ok, so no need to brake it off at all M3 CSL Silver Grey
RRS TDV8 HSE SG/IV

Post #201993 Sat Dec 27 2008 10:23pm
The Doctor

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Just a query on the phone cradle. Should there be any attachment on the cradle as I cannot see how the iPhone connects.

Post #209798 Tue Feb 03 2009 5:10pm
shimmy

England 

Not sure what you are really saying but here goes.

The original cradle has an actual dash mounted plastic cradle where the iphone sits tightly and is wired backt o the auido module somehow

later items excluded the cradle (different part number) and just has the glove box module where you connect via a lead to the USB or other connector.

Sounds like you didnt get the cradle version! M3 CSL Silver Grey
RRS TDV8 HSE SG/IV

Post #209800 Tue Feb 03 2009 5:40pm
gseum

Germany 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Hello,

I have described the installation of a brodit cradle for the iPhone in a german forum. It's german language, but the images are helpful even you do not understand the written things. Wink

Greetings
gseum

Post #255684 Mon Feb 15 2010 4:32pm
BulletProofBomb

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Hi Gseum,

Translated into English http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...66385.html For us non German speakers.

Thanks for the info.

Bullet Thumbs Up

Post #256352 Thu Feb 18 2010 9:05pm
gseum

Germany 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

This translation is near to my own level of speaking english. Wink Very Happy

Greetings
gseum

Post #256379 Thu Feb 18 2010 9:53pm
BulletProofBomb

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Still a damn site better than my German. Laughing