RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Too frustrated to search on this!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Too frustrated to search on this!

Ok it's 1140pm and I have just got in from a 45 mile drive home during which I had to stop 3 times to switch off and restart the engine to clear what appears to be a spurious management system fault......... Don't know if anybody has suffered this one but I get the warning bong and the warning "Engine System Fault" in the info box on the dash, cars drives OK except I cannot go any faster than the speed it is doing when the warning comes up.
ie when in a thirty limited area and doing 30 when the warning goes off I cannot acclerate above that when I get to a faster bit of road. When I stopped at traffic lights or to join a round about the revs were really slow to pick up and would not come above 2200ish. As soon as I pulled over and stopped the engine and restarted the system would self check and no fault come up, drive away perfectly OK until next occurrence about 15 minutes later when doing 60 on a dual carriageway. Car would allow me to slow down and speed back up to 60 again but nothing above that. Pull over, switch off and restart and continue journey.................. looks like LR Assist will be coming to visit in the morning. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #18951 Sat Mar 18 2006 11:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Zipperman19

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

I've got this same problem! No need to search the thread with in clear sight. http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1681

There is a software update that is supposed to fix this problem.

Post #18952 Sun Mar 19 2006 12:10am
Tim in Scotland

Cheers Zipperman, I'm still getting LRAssist out later on this morning.... I might even let him have a lie in - until 8am!
I know the local LR Assist techie (although fortunately this is only the 2nd time I will have had to call the local guy in 5 years!) as he is a keen offroader, as well as being a good LR Assist man! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #18953 Sun Mar 19 2006 12:26am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

Phone LRA at 10, techie arrived at 11 and is currently in the driver's footwell plugging in his laptop and downloading the ECU memory. Says he has been called out to several Sports with similar problem in the last week and the fault has been a turbo overboost ECU glitch.

1140 - Fuel Pressure/Temperature Sensor problem - apparrently well known on TDv6. Car OK to drive and local dealer informed to expect it 1st thing tomorrow morning - 5minutes job to replace it. The techie had it all apart and can find nothing wrong, all connections are good. He says that LR sited the sensor too close to the engine and it gets too hot too soon 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #18971 Sun Mar 19 2006 11:40am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1