RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Do Black RRS's show up dirt more than other colours ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

smudge

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey
Do Black RRS's show up dirt more than other colours ?

Just about to order TDV6 HSE Smile but having trouble making mind up on colour between Bonatti Grey and Java black... most of the time will be spent on-road...

Looking through the gallery of forum users car's, I like both colours...but currently have a ford focus in black (no laughing please Wink and it ** really ** shows up the dirt / small marks etc..)... I don't want to be constantly cleaning the RRS if I go for black.. !

- test vehicle I drove was black and must admit it did look good and not as "blingy/drug dealer/footballer's wifey as I first thought, even with the privacy glass), ...

Any thoughts anyone ..?

Post #1752 Thu Aug 18 2005 11:21am
Biggles

England 

Mines Black,
Yes its a pain to keep clean, but I will sacrifice the cleaning for how well it looks when clean.
Best colour in my opinion.
Cool Cool Cool
Its Java Black
Cool Cool Cool
But i'm biased Very Happy Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1753 Thu Aug 18 2005 11:29am
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

I have a bonatti grey RRS and a pearl black VW T5 and the grey does definately look cleaner for much longer. Black does look good when it is clean, but I think it soon looks drap when it is dirty.
When we were choosing our RRS, my wife and I couldn't decide between black or silver - then we ended up going for grey as a comprimise between the two and we are very pleased with the colour. It was the right choice for us. The grey trim looks good with the bonatti grey paintwork as it matches well. Other colours shows up the large plastic door handles more. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #1754 Thu Aug 18 2005 11:54am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
poffer

United Kingdom 

Shows up dirt more, the upside is that it doesn't show up tar spots at all.

P

Post #1757 Thu Aug 18 2005 1:28pm
scorpio

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Rimini Red
colours

smudge, my previous cars were both MLs, one silver, and one black, the silver looked good when new, but seemed to flatten after a year or so, the black, drove me mad, always needed washing, looked good when just washed, but then saw all the circles on the polished surfaces. plus all the small knocks and scratches showed through as white.
my rrs is rimini red, shows the dust, but not the dirt !

Post #1765 Thu Aug 18 2005 6:55pm
RRS1

Canada 

I have a black RRS SC and it requires washing more frequently then my wife's grey 5 series. But I love the black color on the RRS and I'll sacrifice the more frequent washing to have the black.

On a side note, I was wondering if anyone has installed rear mud flaps on their RRS and if that has reduced the dirt shooting up on the back of the RRS. Also does it change the look of the car drastically?

One of my friends suggested that I should consider the mud flaps that he has installed on his black X5 and it has reduced the dirt especially when it rains to splatter all over the back slide of the RRS.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Post #1771 Thu Aug 18 2005 9:47pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

RSS1,

I have mudflaps on my RRS. See my gallery for pics of the mudflaps. I think they do look good on any 4x4.
I doubt if they make too much difference to the dirt on the rear end, as the rear end overhang is so great anyway (i.e. wheels far back). The mudflaps do keep the lower doors and the rear bumper much cleaner though. I always fit them on our cars, as we drive on a lot of narrow country lanes and the nearside wheels are often in grit and stones, so the mudflaps should help protect the paintwork from flying stones. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #1774 Thu Aug 18 2005 11:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1