RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Rattles in the RRS HSE(Anyone had rattles on the new Sport)?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

capetoniandewd

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Arctic Frost
Rattles in the RRS HSE(Anyone had rattles on the new Sport)?

Hi Guys, Has anyone experienced any rattles on the Sport ? mine is about 3 weeks old. I hear this slight rattle from what seems to be inside the air vent outlet at the rear of the vehicle. Basically the vent , just below where the rear Seat Belt anchors are. They blow air onto the Little back side windows.

Then also hear a rattle from what sounds like the Sun roof.
And then also some slight rattle from the rear seats.
Nothing loud or hectic, its just that I can hear them.
Wondering if anyone else has experienced this at all ?

Thanks
S

Post #17604 Wed Mar 15 2006 12:24pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Welcome to the site, CapetonianDewd! Smile

Seatbelts not located in their clips properly? Rubber tailgate stops not screwed out far enough? 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #17605 Wed Mar 15 2006 12:26pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Not noticed rattles as such, but I do hear a kind of cracking noise from the centre console.

It sounds as though the console components move as the car sets of or goes over bumps.

Again, not really major but my 48k mile BMW on rock hard sports suspension still makes no knocks, cracking noises etc. Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #17611 Wed Mar 15 2006 12:32pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

Supertrotter wrote:
Not noticed rattles as such, but I do hear a kind of cracking noise from the centre console. It sounds as though the console components move as the car sets of or goes over bumps.

We get this. It is due to the passenger arm rest touching the centre console and the leather against the plastic makes are terrible noise. The arm rest drops over a few days until it rests on the centre console. A quick screw back up to it's normal height and the noise has gone. Matt
-------------------------------------------
RRS ownership for 1 yr, then D3 for 2 yrs. Then cut back to old bangers and working my way back up through two Peugeots in 6 months. Now got Saab 9-5 2.3t and enjoying the performance!

Post #17619 Wed Mar 15 2006 12:47pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

The rattle from the rear quarter is probably a loose ECU behind the loadspace trim. Your dealer would be able to remove the trim and secure the ECU on your next dealer / service visit.

The rattle from the sunroof could be a loose brace bar, the easiest way to check is by putting your fingers up into the gap behind the headlining at the back of the sunroof apperture. You should be able to feel a flat metal plate, this is the brace bar. If the brace bar has come unclipped from its retaining clips you will be able to move it with your fingers recreating the rattle. Again a visit to your dealer is required to fix this.

I can't help with the rattle from the rear seats as I can't recall my guys ever identifying this fault during their inspection process. Have you checked that it is not just the seatbelt buckles rattling against the trim? Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #17621 Wed Mar 15 2006 12:48pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

[quote="mpwox11"][quote="Supertrotter"]Not noticed rattles as such, but I do hear a kind of cracking noise from the centre console. It sounds as though the console components move as the car sets of or goes over bumps.[/quote]

We get this. It is due to the passenger arm rest touching the centre console and the leather against the plastic makes are terrible noise. The arm rest drops over a few days until it rests on the centre console. A quick screw back up to it's normal height and the noise has gone.[/quote]

Thanks, I'll try that althouh I was convinced it was coming from the piece of plastic which forms a bit of a tray in front of the SatNav screen.

I'll get screwing tonight Wink Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #17622 Wed Mar 15 2006 12:51pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Smoogle, you should be careful when adjusting the tailgate buffer settings because you could cause a water ingress issue by trying to reduce a rattle. There is a very thin dividing line between the two. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #17623 Wed Mar 15 2006 12:51pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Fair enough, TB! Very Happy I haven't had to do this myself but it's been a solution on here for solving rear quarters rattles before now. Good advice though from one who should know! Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #17635 Wed Mar 15 2006 1:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1