RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > New to 4x4 with embarrassing question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

cameraman

New to 4x4 with embarrassing question

Hi

I am looking to get my first 4x4 I have done quite a lot of research and the RRS seems the ideal solution for me.

I feel a little embarrased to say this but, the RRS is a big car and I feel quite daunted by the prospect of parking it in the typical miserly parking spaces in UK supermarkets and the like!!! I know there are parking sensors on this beast, but they only help so much. I guess I'll get use to it, anyone else ever feel the same with their first 4x4 ? Is it eaiser to get use to than I am thinking?

Post #1745 Thu Aug 18 2005 8:55am
poffer

United Kingdom 

Now there's a turn up for the book - someone who's embarrassed because it's too big Laughing

Seriously though, you will be used to it in no time at all. If unsure when parking, get out and look for a few times. Once used to it, most cars will seem rather low, though.

Peter
BTW - the RRS is shorter than my Merc estate with towbar.

Post #1746 Thu Aug 18 2005 9:12am
keith

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Hi Cameraman

I know what you mean about them being a bit intimidating. When I test drove the RR a couple of years ago I took it to our local shoping centre multi storey car park to see what it would be like. We were more concerned about hitting the signs hanging down from the roof (even with the suspension lowered) than getting it into the bays. The RRS is quite a bit smaller than the RR and when I drove the RRS I felt perfectly happy with the size and don,t forsee any difficulties. My current car is a 5 series BMW and the RRs doesn't feel much bigger.

The view from the drivers seat and the square edges make it much easier to judge the ends and corners of the car.

I guarantee that within 20 minutes you'll feel right at home.

Keith 4.4HSE Buckingham Blue
Alpaca Premium Leather, Rhodium
Dynamic Pack, PTI

Post #1750 Thu Aug 18 2005 10:01am
scorpio

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Rimini Red
parking problems

camera man, when i had my ML, i was so frightened to park, i would drive around untill i found a space that would let me drive in straight, no reversing. finding a place in central where one can do that, is very difficult.with my rrs, a complete transformation has taken place. you can see the front of the car, and also when reversing the windows let you judge very accurately the distance. the park bleepers are a great help. i assure you camera man, that parking will not be a problem. then some b*****d parks right behind you so you have to use the bumpers for what they were intended for to get out LOL Laughing

Post #1766 Thu Aug 18 2005 7:01pm
cameraman

Thanks for the replies...hope I won't need to buy any touch up paint Very Happy

Post #1770 Thu Aug 18 2005 8:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1