RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Tips & Tricks > iPhone and iPod Cradle
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

bulldog-winston

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Java Black
iPhone and iPod Cradle

Thought I'd let you know that the Apple iPhone fits into the LR iPod cradle, if you remove the top clasp on the cradle.

It enables you to control the iPhones iPod function through the stearing controls and if you pair the iPhone up to the bluetooth then you have a fully functional handsfree kit with charging cradle and iPod controls.

If you dont have the intergrated bluetooth module and you use a bluetooh headset instead, the iPhone automatically mutes when a call is made or recieved.

Motoring Heaven !

Post #147169 Tue Dec 04 2007 8:18pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

So few posts but you come up with a gem! Well done. Thumbs Up 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #147174 Tue Dec 04 2007 9:01pm
bulldog-winston

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Java Black

No problem, just one thing I forgot to mention, when you place the Iphone in the cradle, a message will come up on the iphone asking if you wish to switch it to flight safe mode or something, just hit the "no" button and all is good.

Also some may wish to remove the mounting screw cover to make the Iphone fit better, its up to you.

Post #147177 Tue Dec 04 2007 9:22pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Not that i have the iphone or the ipod bit in the RRS but

Fair play and TOP info Thumbs Up Bow down Bow down RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #147186 Wed Dec 05 2007 12:30am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the info, Bulldog Thumbs Up

As time goes by I expect this question will be asked more and more. Made it a sticky. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #147207 Wed Dec 05 2007 9:53am
sport.stormer

Switzerland 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

well I have the iphone for 4 month and from the first day on also in the RRS. In my case I have it connected via bluetooth for phone calls and over a ipod plug to the 12V and the Aux behind the armrest. The cable goes thrue the joint of the arm rest and the iphone perfectly finds place under the armrest over the refridgerator.
I can not control the phone over the steeringwheel, but can use it over the high def. screen of the phone it self and do phonecalls over the bluetooth.
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #148988 Tue Dec 18 2007 7:47pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

Does the iphone need manually connected everytime you get in the car?
If not, what model year do you have? 2022 P440e AB

Post #151498 Sun Jan 13 2008 5:25pm
Peter

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Java Black
Re: iPhone and iPod Cradle

bulldog-winston wrote:
Thought I'd let you know that the Apple iPhone fits into the LR iPod cradle, if you remove the top clasp on the cradle.

It enables you to control the iPhones iPod function through the stearing controls and if you pair the iPhone up to the bluetooth then you have a fully functional handsfree kit with charging cradle and iPod controls.

If you dont have the intergrated bluetooth module and you use a bluetooh headset instead, the iPhone automatically mutes when a call is made or recieved.

Motoring Heaven !

Hi, thanks, great tip. Can you be a little more specific with regard to the LR iPhone Cradle? Did you get it from LR dealer and how much was it? Lastly, did you also have to have the latest firmware upgraded too or did it work on the old version?

Thanks again It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

I miss my old RRS "bucket" rattling around but it just had to go!

Post #173301 Wed Jun 18 2008 6:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Yeah from the dealer and dealer fit Thumbs Up RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #173303 Wed Jun 18 2008 6:47pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Had mine installed in the glovebox with the so called USB option, supposed to be a bonus...........reality, the USB is Censored and with anything more than a 256 stick, it just gives up.

As for the cradle option - good find and tip.....unfortunately as mine is stuck away in the glovebox, I am unable to see what track is playing due to the inefficiencies of the system Big Cry Big Cry L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #173334 Wed Jun 18 2008 8:07pm
Pelyma

England 

There is a new cable coming out Nick at Yeovil has mentioned it on the other side, he is known as TLO Porsche Cayenne S Diesel 66 Plate

Post #173395 Thu Jun 19 2008 8:00am
Peter

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Java Black

Peter wrote:
bulldog-winston wrote:

Motoring Heaven !

Hi, thanks, great tip. Can you be a little more specific with regard to the LR iPhone Cradle? Did you get it from LR dealer and how much was it? Lastly, did you also have to have the latest firmware upgraded too or did it work on the old version?

Thanks again

You didn't mention the price, if you have it I would be grateful
please? It's finally gone! Replaced with BMW 730SE in Sophisto grey Xirallic finish with Oyster (Ivory) and black interior. DAB, Climate glass, Ceramic iDrive and gear selector, power boot and iPhone Bluetooth pack - luvvin' it!

I miss my old RRS "bucket" rattling around but it just had to go!

Post #173541 Thu Jun 19 2008 4:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shimmy

England 

bulldog-winston wrote:

Motoring Heaven !

just ordered my RRS HSE and have an iphone so would appreciate advice on what to order and where tohave it installed!

Post #186067 Sat Aug 30 2008 12:56pm
Lookers Park Royal

shimmy wrote:
bulldog-winston wrote:

Motoring Heaven !

just ordered my RRS HSE and have an iphone so would appreciate advice on what to order and where tohave it installed!

Shimmy,

Congratulations on taking the plunge, I'm sure you'll love every mile!

If you are refering to the LR i-pod connectivity module, you need to be aware that they have just changed the part number and the kit now comes with a lead that terminates in the upper glove-box. If you can get the old part number then you will benefit from the cradle which is mounted to the right of the steering wheel. I would advise the supplying dealer fitting it before you take delivery so that you get the three-year warranty as opposed to one-year if purchased afterwards (assuming you are buying a new vehicle).

Your iPhone will show an error message each time you plug it in advising you to switch to 'Airplane mode' however just select NO and it will work as normal. I've had both the normal and 3g iPhones and have not had any issues with connectivity via Bluetooth etc however I do always make sure I'm running the latest software version.

Back to what I originall said.... try to get the old part number with the cradle becuase otherwise you cannot easily change albums etc. With both kits you can got forward and backward through the tracks. Currently I have my iPhone linked by Bluetooth and have the new part number, therfore the phone is in the glove-box. I simply have to decide what I want to listen to before I set off, and if I'm on a long journey then I put together a playlist.

Another tip as far as the phone function is concerned is to make sure you lable your contacts with the correct 'default' number as the directory that comes up on the vehicle will only call the default number. I had problems calling the dealership, then found that I had set my computer password at the default telephone number!!

I hope this helps but if you need any more help then feel free to PM me.

James Thumbs Up

Post #186075 Sat Aug 30 2008 2:22pm
robinc

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Nara Bronze

Hi guys

Newbie on this forum so apologies if my questions have been asked and answered already. Can anyone tell me more about the LR ipod cable? I've got a 2006 TD6 and would like to add iPod connectivity. Some questions I have are : What exactly does it allow you to do, can you select between playlists or just play one playlist? What about title and track info does that appear on the radio display? How do you select iPod mode, is it on the Aux button or something else? And can it be self-installed or is it a major job best left to an LR dealer? Are there any better alternatives rather than the LR version?

Thanks for any help and pointers....

Robin

Post #186882 Thu Sep 04 2008 7:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>