RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Taking our beloved RRS to Cyprus!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Trust me we did lots of homework on whether to buy here or in Cyprus.

The problem is, whilst it may be cheaper to buy a Cyprus sourced car here, that is because you don't have to pay the extortionate excise duty you would have to pay if you lived there.

This is based on cc and for a 2.7 would equate to an additional CY£21,600 (Approx. £26.5k!) on top of the cost of the car.....I kid you not!

The only criteria to take your car with you is to have owned it for 6 months (1st March to 1st Sept). You can then take it into the country excise duty free.

We plan to set off 2nd week in August and drive there via:

France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy (Ferry to) Greece, Santorini (Honeymoon in 2004), Rhodes, Cyprus...Phew!

Therefore, we plan to take approx. 3 weeks doing it arriving in Cyprus post 1st Sept although seeing all these technical gremlins makes me a little nervous Shocked Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #17224 Tue Mar 14 2006 8:33am
kam100

United Kingdom 

Where about you going in Cyprus, i have a mate on the turkish side (see other post) and i have another mate who has a place in Pataris i think it is, quite close to Ayainappa, his family built a 4 bed villa there a few years ago. I love cyprus we visit quite frequently. Easy to drive etc there as well, even on mopeds/motorbikes if the mood suits.

I had an Anaphalaxis reaction to something though there in 2004, so im a little wary of the food now.. was not nice to be couped up in hospital for two nights in Cyprus, but the level of care was excellent and now they have fully intergrated into the EU the medical care was free on presentation of my British passport, which was obviously a good thing.. saved claiming on my insurance anyway!

Post #17314 Tue Mar 14 2006 11:43am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12