RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Anybody looking for Stormer wheels?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey
Anybody looking for Stormer wheels?

Saw these on eBay, at £1500 they seem good value for genuine wheels and tyres:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Range-Rover-Sport-al...dZViewItem L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #1694 Tue Aug 16 2005 6:10pm
NeilR

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

That is a bargin if they are genuine.....I am told replicas will be hitting the market soon. so do your home work if you are going to buy.

Neil 2010 RRS TDV8 Overfinch GTS

Post #1696 Tue Aug 16 2005 10:44pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I'm not looking to buy any as my Supercharged will come with Spider design 20" wheels anyway.

They way I see it is that the way people will distinguish a REAL Supercharged from an HSE that has been made to look like one is that the standard 20" wheels (non Stormer) will look MORE unique than the Stormer ones, which it seems every man and his dog are putting on all specs of Range Rover Sport.

I've yet to see anyone buy the standard 20" wheel and put them on a lower spec car.

Therefore, when my S/C arrives next month the standard spec wheels will stand out from the crowd! Brilliant! Laughing

But don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Stormer wheels, they are beautiful, but after spending £60K on a car that already has some 20" alloys I cannot justify spending another £1500 to swap them out for something else. Just logic really. If I had an HSE with 19's on, then I WOULD be looking at the Stormers OR, more uniquely, the 20" 2 piece alloy in 5 spoke design.

Each to their own, I have nothing against anyone making their car look nicer, and prefer the use of OE kit to do it rather than Kahn wheels for example.

Rambling now L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #1709 Wed Aug 17 2005 9:09am
Biggles

England 

RRUK wrote:

But don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Stormer wheels, they are beautiful, but after spending £60K on a car that already has some 20" alloys I cannot justify spending another £1500 to swap them out for something else. Just logic really. If I had an HSE with 19's on, then I WOULD be looking at the Stormers OR, more uniquely, the 20" 2 piece alloy in 5 spoke design.

RRUK,
The five spokes are the ones to get I think in the photos ive seen they look fantastic and as you say will stand out from the rest. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1710 Wed Aug 17 2005 9:15am
smudge

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

Can anyone tell me if upgrading from 19" to 20" wheels counts as a modification from an insurance perspective ?

I want to get 20" stormers if I decide on the bonattii grey tdv6 hse - (90% close to putting doen the deposit for a November delivery Smile)..

Chatting to the dealer during the test drive, he was recommending ** not ** upgrading as it might raise the insurance premium as it counts as a modification and also apparently there is increased vibration through the steering wheel with the larger wheels (we were talking about the overfinch tigers though) ... has anyone that has got 20" stormers on a tdv6 hse experienced this (I would have thought it was neglible ??).. I think the 20" wheels look so much better than the 19" standard ones...

Also, it's a pain, but I guess I would have to sell the 19" wheels on eBay, buy the 20" storm alloys and then fit them myself ... as my dealer said they would'nt add them from the factory ... ?

Smudge

Post #1718 Wed Aug 17 2005 10:04am
NeilR

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

so who bought them then ????

Neil 2010 RRS TDV8 Overfinch GTS

Post #1720 Wed Aug 17 2005 1:38pm
Biggles

England 

Not guilty your honour. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #1721 Wed Aug 17 2005 1:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1