Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Australia & New Zealand > New RRS Owner - Need my TDV6 Chipped
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

alowson

Australia 
New RRS Owner - Need my TDV6 Chipped

Dear All,

In my fourth week of being a RRS owner, which I must admit to having some mixed emotions as I used to own a Disco3 which was such a versatile truck. Crying or Very sad

Will take me a while to get used to lack of space inside the cabin.

Decided to load up with goodies instead of going for a TDV8 with minimal toys. Ordered a Rimini Red with Alpaca leather, Sunroof, Nav, Premium Stereo, Xeons, Fridge, Rear DVD, Phone PTI, and TV! Very Happy

Having driven the new car from Melbourne to our new home in Brisbane it is well and truly run-in.

One thing I would like is more power, and instead of getting a divorce Twisted Evil to allow me to trade it in for a TDV8, I was hoping there might be someone I could get my RRS chipped in Brisbane.

Anyone out their Question

Cheers,

Andrew

Post #160995 Sat Mar 22 2008 2:57am
mr boombastic

Australia 

I did the opposite and bought a TDV8 with no options but metallic paint and i have not regretted it. I had a sunroof in my old car that i probably used 2 times in 5 years. Its horses for courses i suppose, i am going to spend the $6k that the nav cost (should be standard) to buy 22in stormers (best mod) catback exhaust, colour code and a few other odds and ends. Better bang for your buck.

Down the track the plan is to integrate a custom aftermarket nav unit with backup camera, ipod and phone into my RRS for about half the cost of landrover option. All in the master plan. 'Don't hand over your hard earned without a hard fight'. BTW the TDV8 is awesome in both usable power (torque) and supple sporty ride with pedigree and prestige thrown in and i just love it.

Type in Diesel chip on the internet and you will see a few places that do it.

Post #161023 Sat Mar 22 2008 11:23am
tastech

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Rimini Red
Re: New RRS Owner - Need my TDV6 Chipped

alowson wrote:
Dear All,

In my fourth week of being a RRS owner, which I must admit to having some mixed emotions as I used to own a Disco3 which was such a versatile truck. Crying or Very sad

Will take me a while to get used to lack of space inside the cabin.

Decided to load up with goodies instead of going for a TDV8 with minimal toys. Ordered a Rimini Red with Alpaca leather, Sunroof, Nav, Premium Stereo, Xeons, Fridge, Rear DVD, Phone PTI, and TV! Very Happy

Having driven the new car from Melbourne to our new home in Brisbane it is well and truly run-in.

One thing I would like is more power, and instead of getting a divorce Twisted Evil to allow me to trade it in for a TDV8, I was hoping there might be someone I could get my RRS chipped in Brisbane.

Anyone out their Question

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,
Was your disco3 a tdv6 as well?? if so, did you perceive any power difference??
I drove a disco3 demo with 7k on the clock and a rrs tdv6 with 2k on the clock...and the disco had more go...
i wonder if that was because it was well run in...??

I went down the same route as you, optioned up a tdv6 (still waiting for mine though), so i might be having the same power pangs as you have...

Post #161192 Mon Mar 24 2008 10:37am
alowson

Australia 

Quote:
Hi Andrew,
Was your disco3 a tdv6 as well?? if so, did you perceive any power difference??
I drove a disco3 demo with 7k on the clock and a rrs tdv6 with 2k on the clock...and the disco had more go...
i wonder if that was because it was well run in...??

I went down the same route as you, optioned up a tdv6 (still waiting for mine though), so i might be having the same power pangs as you have...

I actually felt the opposite, even though my D3 had covered 85,000km and very well run in I thought the brand new RRS was more nimble and responsive.

Also feel the RRS is better put together within the cabin and feels more insolated from the outside world.

But I do defiantly miss the truck’ness of the D3, loved the size and the breadth of ability.

It will be interesting to see the refreshed range in 2010 and what they are going to do to the cabin.

Might even change back to a D3?

Cheers,

Andrew

Post #161991 Fri Mar 28 2008 6:03am
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

alowson wrote:
I actually felt the opposite, even though my D3 had covered 85,000km and very well run in I thought the brand new RRS was more nimble and responsive.

Andrew i think sometimes it is pure perception, i had a D3 for just over a week while the sport was in for some paint work repairs and servicing etc. I found the D3 TDv6 or perceived it to be a lot more sluggish than my sport, i thought i had to work it harder to get it anywhere near the type of response i wanted, but once again no science behind it..no doubt it had the same performance, i had preconceived notions of what to expect.. Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #162336 Sat Mar 29 2008 9:02am
JSI

Australia 

Considered the TDV8 option but glad I didn't. got the TDV6 ( & six points in the first week mind you from the uber friendly perth cops) & chipped it from a German company www.abrieb.de it's the second diesel chip I habe purchased from them & it's great, smooths out the mid range, increases acceleration & generaly, around town I'm getting under 10's for fuel economy, why would you spend the extra on the V8 when believe me, its still extremely easy to use your license in the V6 with the chip !!!!!!! Laughing

Seriously, the $400 was well worth it, & the wife agreed once she saw the fuel savings with the last diesel mod chip.

extra 35 ish BHP....do it ! 08 TDV6 stornaway alpaca Chipped overfinch tiger & happy !

Post #169647 Wed May 14 2008 2:19pm
JSI

Australia 

Oh....Forgot to mention The chip fits in about 3 minutes, plug & play & yes you really do notice the difference

Hope it helps your decision making Mr. Green 08 TDV6 stornaway alpaca Chipped overfinch tiger & happy !

Post #169650 Wed May 14 2008 2:25pm
Baben

South Africa 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Alaska White

Hi guys

I know there are many variables, eg. fuel type, age of vehicle etc., but I can tell you in good faith that a remapped TDV6 D3 will run with a standard TDV8 RRS if the driver catches you napping. OK this is at 1500m altitude, but I expect it would be about the same anywhere.
Since the TDV8 was remapped, the TDV6 has no chance though...

I usually drive a TDV6 D3 a couple of days a week, but often have the good fortune to drive the TDV8 RRS when the missus is away, which is fairly often, and I am always a bit surprised at the difference between the two vehicles in performance and handling. I don't think they compete for the same market at all - ie. I don't see us taking the RRS serious offroading, and if we go for along drive on the highway the RRS is the natural choice.

There are many many power upgrade / fuel economy options available, and I am very subjective about this

Post #169659 Wed May 14 2008 3:02pm
tastech

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Rimini Red

JSI wrote:
Oh....Forgot to mention The chip fits in about 3 minutes, plug & play & yes you really do notice the difference

Hope it helps your decision making Mr. Green

HI JSI
Some questions if thats ok?
Did you buy it online??? where does it plug in??? where about on the vehicle?? I assume its a easy removal before you take it to the dealers for service??
and finally how much torque increase is there???

Post #169685 Thu May 15 2008 12:00am
JSI

Australia 

Hi Tastech, ok, the chip fits inline with the sensor plug at the end of the common rail, for my Mercedes, there is no power supply required & the chip literally plug in and out in about 10 seconds, with the RRS you have a very simple wiring loom that has a + & - cable which connects to appropriate terminals of the battery & a male & female plug , simply unplug the cable from the end of the common rail, plug the wiring loom in, connect the plug back into the wiring loom and in my case, the loom is long enough for the chip box to sit nicely on top of the battery, under cover.

The fitting as I said, only takes about 3 minutes including connecting +&- to the battery & works purely on software, as soon as you remove the unit, you feel the power drop instantly & the dealer knows nothing, simply connect back in when you get the car back, seriously, it is that easy. The best bit is it just smooths out the power flow through the rev range & GIVES BETTER FUEL ECONOMY, as I said before, my average is always under 10L per 100K, as far as torque goes, I can only go by the figures quoted to me which I think from memory are about 60NM increase !!!!! I'm now running around 230BHP from my TDV6 & would recommend to anyone, First purchase was on ebay for my merc a couple of years ago & this time was direct from the manufacturer in Germany, www.abrieb.de & follow the links to Land Rover, trust me......it's the best mod I think you can do on your car.....apart from 22's of course ! 08 TDV6 stornaway alpaca Chipped overfinch tiger & happy !

Post #169689 Thu May 15 2008 12:36am
BKHK

Australia 

I admit, I know stuff all about this and I am not even sure that I want to do anything but but does anyone have any experience of the tunit system?

Cheers

Post #170190 Tue May 20 2008 2:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1