RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > ARGYLL FOREST ADVENTURE DRIVE MAY 10/11 TWO CHOICE DRIVE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

BASHER16

Scotland 
ARGYLL FOREST ADVENTURE DRIVE MAY 10/11 TWO CHOICE DRIVE

We are ready to roll once more Wink is there a chance some of these 4 wheelers from this site may even make an appearance or am I wasting time posting here Big Cry
We do realise after spending a few bucks Shocked on these wagons it may be a shock to the system to get them truly off road where they really do belong Thumbs Up . So if we do get any interest we will take exceptional care in chaperoning you along the way Razz We are this time using two additional forests outwith our usual manic playground and these tracks on the routes we have planned WILL be suitable for your pride and joy...dont listen to that Nice Mr TIM Laughing HE JUST DOES NOT SHOW ANY RESPECT FOR THE SHINIES HE HAS OWNED Laughing
So for this drive we are making a few changes and this will be a more dedicated vehicle friendly run with I might add a real sense of satisfaction once you see the routes you have driven Thumbs Up
So to save all the detailed writing of meet and times drop a post if you are interested and I will answer any questions you have. The drives run from approximately 10am until 4.45 on Saturday and 9.45 untill approx 4pm on the Sunday thus giving drivers a bit of a start on the homeward drive on Sunday.
I might just add our usual more unfriendly vehicle drive will be running as usual Rolling Eyes BASH

Post #165534 Tue Apr 15 2008 7:47pm
Japseroony

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Hi Basher,

I just can't believe you dont get anyone along from this site Exclamation If I was not bringing the Defender along I would bring the RRS - just looking into wheels to fit over the Brembo breaks so I can get some AT Tyres on it Very Happy

See you on the 10th,

Russell & Michelle. "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.

Post #166244 Sun Apr 20 2008 6:15pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

I would come but I ain't got my passport back from the passport office. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #166276 Sun Apr 20 2008 7:14pm
BASHER16

Scotland 

Japseroony wrote:
Hi Basher,

I just can't believe you dont get anyone along from this site Exclamation If I was not bringing the Defender along I would bring the RRS - just looking into wheels to fit over the Brembo breaks so I can get some AT Tyres on it Very Happy
See you on the 10th,Russell & Michelle.

Hi Russell we have a few additional new tracks on the cards once more.. Thumbs Up .we have done a recent recce and found a few more little gems Whistle for you guys to savour. We have over the past six years managed to extend our superb amount of routes so every drive has a new challenge for even our long standing regulars. Be excellent to welcome you and Michelle once more and knowing your adventurous spirit we need to keep on top of our game. Bow down
With people like yourself along this is the best advertisement we have, to get people along to see how varied and adventurous our drives can be without going that bit too far where damage is inevitable. There are not many off road openings where skill is your best assett and with some modest additions to the vehicle most notably a good set of Mud Tyres can allow you to drive everything we include on these drives. IAN

Post #166279 Sun Apr 20 2008 7:19pm
BASHER16

Scotland 

Very Annoyed wrote:
I would come but I ain't got my passport back from the passport office.

VA . Thumbs Up Re passport

We have a couple of lads coming up from Newcastle for this next fiasco Bow down they also have problems with the immigration point on the border Laughing Typical of these scallywags the Geordies have solved this by a small detour across three counties on uncharted off road tracks and ploughed fields Whistle If you would be happy to run the gauntlet I can put you in touch with them Rolling with laughter
Once you get the passport Rolling Eyes another tax hike. We will give you some good old West Argyll hospitality through some superb country Thumbs Up .

BASH

Post #166285 Sun Apr 20 2008 7:29pm
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Just signed up for the LRCH 20th aniversary do in Holland that weekend, Must get to Scotland more often! Tim keeps letting me know about these trips but I'm never in the country at the time Sad
Have a good event lads and lassies Thumbs Up Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #166303 Sun Apr 20 2008 8:56pm
BASHER16

Scotland 

Alicatt wrote:
Just signed up for the LRCH 20th aniversary do in Holland that weekend, Must get to Scotland more often! Tim keeps letting me know about these trips but I'm never in the country at the time Sad
Have a good event lads and lassies Thumbs Up

Never fear Alicatt we will take good care of your home soil.. Thumbs Up ..when you do get over we will make you really homesick for the old playground Big Cry Take care

BASHER

Post #166312 Sun Apr 20 2008 9:06pm
Japseroony

Hi Ian,

Do you post on the Discovery site and also the Defender2 site?

If not then I can post on them both?

Russell. "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.

Post #166736 Wed Apr 23 2008 9:30am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Ian has posted on the D3 site, but I haven't looked on the Defender2 site 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #166759 Wed Apr 23 2008 11:36am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BASHER16

Scotland 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Ian has posted on the D3 site, but I haven't looked on the Defender2 site

HI TIM

Yes I do post on the disco site or rather Jamie "madcow" usually has a little mention for us when he is not deepin his studies Thumbs Up .And really we need to keep this place a bit secret or every Tom Dick and Harry will be hearing how good this adventure drive is and start coming along Laughing Laughing Rolling with laughter So keep a lid on it and possibly these guys wont notice Thumbs Up

IAN

Post #166826 Wed Apr 23 2008 7:26pm
Tim in Scotland

Well, that must have been one of the best Basher events I have attended in the last 4-5 years - stunning offroad driving, stunning scenery and views across Loch Gilp and down the east side of Kintyre and more sunshine than you can shake a stick at, am sunburned and covered in Argyll dust, the inside of the 90 is now sand coloured - could this be what driving in the outback is like - lung fulls of dust! Jasperoony travelled up from Newcastle with his Puma powered 2.4 Defender 90, although I hardly saw him as he was in the 2nd group................... Russell, I hope you enjoyed the weekend and the drive back wasn't too horrendous. I left the forest at 5pm and had a 35mph journey all the way to Inveraray where the horse box that was slowing everybody up had the coutesy at long last to pull over, only for us to get stuck behind a Mitsubishi Warrior towing a huge caravan and there was no way I could get passed in my 90 so just had to sit behind it from Inveraray all the way to the west shore of Loch Lomond when he also pulled over to let all the cars passed.

Despite only having had a couple of spits of rain on Friday and Saturday I have just washed an amazing amount of peaty mud out from the underneath of the 90, and am now off for a hot shower to get all of the dust off me - the inside of the 90 can wait until tomorrow!

On Friday, driving up to Argyll I got stuck behind a slow caravan from Arrochar and when I finally got passed it was an Arctic Frost TDv6 just dawdling along................................ at leasr I now know it wasn't TB holding up the traffic as he has posted this weekend (unless he has internet access from his caravan, in which case he's a sad git!) 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #169278 Sun May 11 2008 8:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Sounds like you had a great day out Tim Thumbs Up
Just back from the LRCH 20th aniversary bash with the Disco 3 mob Whistle Photos and write-up soon and a short vid on youtube later Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #169280 Sun May 11 2008 9:15pm
Tim in Scotland

Today

Sounds like you had a good time too! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #169291 Sun May 11 2008 10:34pm
Tim in Scotland

Here is a link to the Land Rover UK Forums, if you read the most recent posts you will find links to photos if you want to see what we get up to....................... http://forum.landrovernet.com/showthread.p...ost1050665 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #169332 Mon May 12 2008 12:09pm
Japseroony

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Russell, I hope you enjoyed the weekend and the drive back wasn't too horrendous. I left the forest at 5pm and had a 35mph journey all the way to Inveraray where the horse box that was slowing everybody up had the coutesy at long last to pull over, only for us to get stuck behind a Mitsubishi Warrior towing a huge caravan and there was no way I could get passed in my 90 so just had to sit behind it from Inveraray all the way to the west shore of Loch Lomond when he also pulled over to let all the cars passed.

Tim,

Absolutely fantastic trip as usual and Basher out did himself with the weather - fortunately we have A/C in the Puma powered Defender so could keep the windows closed for most of the dusty tracks Very Happy Very Happy

We left on Sunday at about 2.30 and had a reasonable drive home arriving about 7.15ish.

For anyone that was thinking about going up but decided for whatever reason not to, you missed a very special weekend. The drives are some of the best you will ever do and the company is exceptional with the event being run to a very high standard.

As Tim has said, take a look at the pics and keep an eye out for the next event Thumbs Up

Russell. "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.

Post #169359 Mon May 12 2008 3:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1