RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Speed cameras J29 - J27 M25
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Ronnie in the Midlands

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Speed cameras J29 - J27 M25

I think I know the answer to this but the wordly wise on here could confirm for me. There are three SPECS cameras between J29 and J27 on the anti clockwise section of the M25. I believe they are just there for monintoring traffic and are now actively enforcing speed limits. Anyone who could confirm would be appreciated. I also believe that cameras have to be identified with signs saying speed camera ahead if they are operational. Any views please anyone. New RRS

Post #167097 Thu Apr 24 2008 9:16pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I would have thought that, like the Specs cameras around here, there is a warning that AVERAGE speed cameras are in use and variable speed limits are used 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #167098 Thu Apr 24 2008 9:23pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ronnie in the Midlands

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Tim,
near to Dartford bridge there are road works and signs for average speed 50 but between J27 and J29 there are no signs and I am pretty certain this means they arent in use. I also looked at the Specs website and they arent recorded but seeing as I drive that way to work everyday wanted to be sure. Anyone else have a view please? New RRS

Post #167100 Thu Apr 24 2008 9:27pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Well im not sure about the junction numbers, but in April on route to guildford A3 from the M40 motorway, i travelled down the M25 and traffic was moving somewhat briskly, so obviously i was just going along with it in the s class, later to be told by locals that this area now has operational speed cameras.. but touch wood nothing through the post yet!? Confused Neutral

Post #167123 Fri Apr 25 2008 1:17am
XUJG

I have been through these junctions very many times and a lot of drivers ignor them so I guess they are not enforcing the limit. I personally dont risk it.

Post #167126 Fri Apr 25 2008 8:21am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I made a similar comment yesterday about the SPECS cameras at the top of the M3 which people seem to have grown accustomed to ignoring so I presume the same about those, that they're not actually active.

The new digital gantry cameras between J10-15 on the M25 are now active though and traffic does seem to be paying attention... when you can go faster than 40/50mph that is, which isn't often Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #167144 Fri Apr 25 2008 9:29am
RAD

Scotland 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Those specs are always flagged on my pogo GPS thingy, so I ere on the side of caution and slow down, must admit, I did think that they had to give visual warning prior to any big brother, don't go over 70mph, stuff. .

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.

TDV8 HSE MY10 with pretty much everything including a vase of daffs on the back shelf, tropical fish collection in the centre console, hamsters in the spare tyre and finally sheep on the passenger seats.....for weight distribution, what else??

Post #167161 Fri Apr 25 2008 10:24am
markrrs

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

I checked this out on the internet after three days of 100MPH+, apparently they are used for the information boards to give you an idea how long it will take to reach the next junction.

Post #167576 Mon Apr 28 2008 1:37pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

RAD wrote:
Those specs are always flagged on my pogo GPS thingy, so I ere on the side of caution and slow down, must admit, I did think that they had to give visual warning prior to any big brother, don't go over 70mph, stuff.

How do you find the POGO Alert?

, is it the one with the laser detector that clips on?

Post #167580 Mon Apr 28 2008 1:50pm
RAD

Scotland 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

The Pogo is excellent, does specs giving both average speed and actual, their database seems to be accurate and it fits on the dash with sticky pad and a 12 volt cable.

That's all I want as I obviously don't need a moving map or other stuff.......you can set it to various light/sound levels that reduces the glare to almost nothing until you are near a trap at which point it goes ballistic.

Thoroughly recommend it...... .

There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation.

TDV8 HSE MY10 with pretty much everything including a vase of daffs on the back shelf, tropical fish collection in the centre console, hamsters in the spare tyre and finally sheep on the passenger seats.....for weight distribution, what else??

Post #167811 Tue Apr 29 2008 5:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1