Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > SC 4.2 vs HSE 4.4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

sportman

United Arab Emirates 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue
SC 4.2 vs HSE 4.4

Hello,
I notice that the supercharged engine displacement is less that HSE or non SC..my Q is are they having same engine? I guess yes so why the SC is 4.2 vs 4.4 in non SC? any technical reason?
also anybody can tell whether the SC is having intercooler or not?
I'm Having EVO 8 with the turbo and intercooler..but I'm not familiar with supercharged engines...all I know is that turbocharged engines vs supercharged having initial lag..One of the main problems with turbochargers is that they do not provide an immediate power boost when you step on the gas. It takes a second for the turbine to get up to speed before boost is produced. This results in a feeling of lag when you step on the gas..so how is the feeling in supercharged RRS?

Post #1610 Fri Aug 12 2005 5:57pm
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Sportman

The reason the SC engine has a lower displacement than the standard 4.4 litre engine is due to the use of stronger steel bore linings used in the cylinders. These reduce the cylinder capacity and are needed to cope with the extra internal stress that is generated in a supercharged engine. Shocked

Supercharging doesn't suffer the same lag that a turbo charged engine can have as the supercharger is working at all engine revs. A turbo only spins in when the engine reaches a particular rev level. Supercharging is really quite old technology (the Spitfire engine in WW2 used a supercharger) but the RRS engine is taking supercharging to new levels of reliability and longevity. Enjoy ! Very Happy

Post #1648 Sun Aug 14 2005 9:02pm
sportman

United Arab Emirates 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue
intercooler

Thanks Smarticus..for your clue..what about intercooler does S.C RRS has one Rolling Eyes

Post #1656 Mon Aug 15 2005 4:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1