RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > RANGE ROVER SPORTS HSE 4.4 V8 MODEL. COLOR CHANGE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

potatoe912

Singapore 
RANGE ROVER SPORTS HSE 4.4 V8 MODEL. COLOR CHANGE

HI I AM NEW HERE MY NAME IS JOE FROM SINGAPORE.

I NEED FEEDBACK.

Recently i've encounter a customer issue raised regarding his range rover sports paint work. The original colour was
silver. he paid 4k(SGD) to have the vehicle resprayed to Java Black. was quite convinced after he got the vehicle after job done. few week later, he came back telling me that the sill area which also call the scuff area was scratched. and kept him pondering is the paint work that lousy?! i noted his matter and advice him to have the vehicle kept at the workshop to investigate the paint work. my guys the spray painter told me the paint work is all normal. qualities of paint they are using are standard. they used the correct method to spray, and my manager decided to respray the sill area for him. so resprayed to Java black on the sill area(scratch) again.

At that time i also advice him to install the 3M protector or the sill plates. But, he told me it should come together with the car when he first bought. so i checked again. according to the company policy the vehicle does not come with the sill plates. is under accessories. now the main concern is i am trying to help him but he does not seems to be satisfied because he keep insisting the paint work is lousy. i seriously do not know what he want and i need u guys help to give me advices.

regards
joe Learn to wait and wait to Learn.

Last edited by potatoe912 on Fri May 09 2008 1:51am. Edited 4 times in total

Post #165397 Tue Apr 15 2008 6:58am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Joe - sill plates were not standard and on all our cars the area scratched easily, this is one of the reasons Tasmod made custom sills to protect the paint in this area.

My view is anybody who gets a whole car resprayed a different colour is someone I would stay well clear of - it's not as if Java Black is a rare colour, surely easier to sell the silver RRS and buy a Java one. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #165398 Tue Apr 15 2008 7:07am
potatoe912

Singapore 
RANGE ROVER SPORTS HSE 4.4 V8 MODEL. COLOR CHANGE

that is whay i told the owner. maybe i should stand firm. and tell him once very politely. hmm.. he needs the answer by end of april. well.. i guess this problem should first it and not to go on flying around. thanks buddy! Learn to wait and wait to Learn.

Post #165400 Tue Apr 15 2008 7:27am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
potatoe912

Singapore 
paint work

at that time the owner i heard he wanted the rrsports so badly. thats is why the available one left with silver instead of java black. well anyway. how much do you guys pay for respray of whole car? is it advisable?? i would prefer to stick to the original color. Rolling Eyes Learn to wait and wait to Learn.

Post #165402 Tue Apr 15 2008 7:34am
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

Help him by advising him to purchase and fit Tasmods sill plates (as correctly advised by VA) and his problem (and probably your's too) will be solved! Laughing Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #165409 Tue Apr 15 2008 8:00am
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

No idea what a respray would cost as not only probably a huge cost but will also depreciate the value of the car. 100% stick with the original colour. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #165411 Tue Apr 15 2008 8:04am
potatoe912

Singapore 

thank you guys! well.. i am gonna try again. hope to get back to work as i am currently on medical leave now having chicken pox lol Big Cry Learn to wait and wait to Learn.

Post #165417 Tue Apr 15 2008 8:42am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Yeah, if it's been resprayed it's been resprayed but the problem isn't with the paint, it's simply the fact that the area around the sill is very prone to scratching. That's nobody's fault other than LR's for deciding not to fit sill plates as standard so hardly worth getting too upset about

Step 1 - bring existing sills back to undamaged surface
Step 2 - order a set of Tasmods and fit them, problem gone!

Good luck Joe Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #165442 Tue Apr 15 2008 10:42am
potatoe912

Singapore 

oh not to mention.. just wanna share

that this fine day i went down to a LR owner place to pick up the car, i did my job to remove all the owner's valuables including the cash card. in Singapore there is a unit device call ERP gantries to read a IU unit in every Singapore cars to pay the road fees electronically. i reported to his place at 1115hrs sharp, called him told him that i've removed all the personal valuables belonging from the car. so i have the car jump started(battery flat) and send it back to workshop to have the battery changed and did some miscellaneous stuff done, at 4pm i called the owner said that car is ready for collection. thats the time where he still insisting the paint work issues.. well i told him we have to face this matter and end this and not to go on without any care.. advised him to wait till the higher management for the final answer. which he agreed on. so he drove the car back and call me on his way.. he said hey joe! u forgot to put the cash card back into my IU unit but i told him 3-4 times even face to face that i had have remove ur valuables including the cash card. well he wanted me to bear the ERP fine which he pass through a few gantries without having his cash card inserted into his IU unit in his car.. well of cos i made my stand clear.. maybe its not really not the day to be happy abt.. ponders! Whistle Shocked Learn to wait and wait to Learn.

Post #165502 Tue Apr 15 2008 3:11pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

You're not having the best of times, are you Joe? Still you have to laugh Laughing 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #165512 Tue Apr 15 2008 3:21pm
potatoe912

Singapore 

maybe u r rite bro. well thanks for that! have a good one! Thumbs Up Learn to wait and wait to Learn.

Post #165527 Tue Apr 15 2008 4:13pm
Dash

Singapore 2007 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black
I'm the customer..

Thanks for making this issue public Joe. You forgot to mention a few facts regarding the car and paint job. However, as I am speaking to your boss this week and the MD of Vantage Motors. You can be sure, they will keen to know what you have been up to on this site.
Very Annoyed, best to get both sides of the story before you feel the need to comment right. But then again, I'm the kind of guy you need to stay clear of at all costs!!

Post #168927 Thu May 08 2008 5:35am
Pelyma

England 

The sill do scratch there, the end Rolling Eyes The Java paint does seem softer than the silvers and marks more easily in general too. Have a look at the silver sill protectors such as Tasmods as the do really add to the look of the car, especially black ones. Porsche Cayenne S Diesel 66 Plate

Post #168929 Thu May 08 2008 7:09am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1